3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those photo's with the trimmed rubber crotch look terrible. I hope i'm wrong and can't wait to see what you think.

I reckon he might be able to do the two handed hold because the chest armor is different, but that will obviously depend on if the hands can hold anything to begin with.

Last edited:
Here we go guys. I'm just showing you the photos first. Then it's going to be a long list of comments from me.

096121b31168c7233a86cc97b4bbe1a7.jpg

833d2d469fcd5d7b264bc6d27e9444fd.jpg

abfb881505f6189d5ba4edc4c26d14b8.jpg

f307f634911a6ff4345fb69f7e2de5c5.jpg

b91b7823b181ba9220ca3955db63a176.jpg

c1d0a7653977b8e905c37479c7863b8d.jpg

3bcd9044ffec2cc8ebc9b3012db42a8c.jpg

e17e8cdfbf968b477ceda69bea2bc4ae.jpg

49a23832b03e5d3e7dd35221dee55b07.jpg

57ccbf52fdf8f00aa8ffce6cfb869b2c.jpg

90bd14af898f55ae4c173835afd46e99.jpg

765ad86e0454ef9d550f00075b39aedd.jpg

c7f42a230a17c14fba0aba9a517c79d9.jpg

5eaa14f62f2609b876f907fd0803d161.jpg

254fdd0416edac16a55077f59caf274c.jpg

8384c5f46bbc0d88fcca11bc32996e70.jpg

5f0bd49184498aecd79d443e0933619e.jpg

c36769910f18d783f2254a20931a2e34.jpg

7066c23406d7c7e0638f4b1c3564bd8c.jpg

9ddc25c41cc262af792c8b69854adf7e.jpg

23f25d161c92bd425d12e5e413ee49bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done. Hope you all have opened your eyes nice and wide and viewed the pics.

Couple of things Id like to say before I start writing about this figure.

First of all, I am going to take this back to the shop to get it fixed. Whats broken you ask? Well Thorne's RIGHT arm armour has been glued incorrectly, so when I bend his arm, it bends inwards instead of upwards. BAD QC here. Dumb idiots!!!
Secondly, I havent tested the LED function yet as its lower on my list right now. I will do that once I get the batteries and test them out before I take it back to the shops. As you can see from the simple instruction sheet, theres alot of LED's on this figure. Two main battery compartments which I will describe further down.

Anyways, here comes the good stuff:-

Body Suit -
As you all know, the fat on this one has been trimmed down. Look at that photo with the huge cut out at his crotch. Horrible sight right? In its place, are some black clothed underwear acting to cover the body underneath

Other areas that have been trimmed are the shoulders - Now they can rotate 360 all the way around, with a butterfly joint so he can bend forwards and backwards. This sounds good, but the excess fat keeps flapping around and sometimes get caught/stuck when you twist and turn the arms.
Now something I wish they trimmed was the fat around the ankles, because every time I twist and turn his foot, the leg fat keeps getting caught and sticking out. Then I will have to poke the fat back in and behind his feet. Just annoying and a pain seeing the fat sticking out to the sides.

Articulation -
Head - Nothing wrong there. Abit stiff but everything twists and turns.
Arms - Besides the rubber suit issue, they all move in any direction you like. Nice and smooth ratchet joints. They hold their positions too unlike MC where they flop back down. Do note that the armour on my right arm is stuck on incorrectly. Check yours!
Hands - They bend in and out. Rotate just fine.
Chest - Non existent movement. Do not bend it, because there is a reason why. As follows.
Waist - Very minor side to side and back and forth movement. DO NOT BEND IT.

DO NOT BEND IT - The reason why I say this because, the waist armour (The lower section that covers the stomach and crotch(view pic) Well that is stuck onto the rubber suit and the pointy tips to the side of that piece digs into the suit so when you try and twist the waist, it digs further and rubs the paint off and if stronger can tear the rubber suit. I can see signs of my paint chipped off and that is straight out of the box.

Legs - Bends forward and backwards, side to side, but you know what? THEY FLOP BACK DOWN and do not hold their position. Just like MC!!
Knees - Smooth with double ratchet joints and they hold their position, HOWEVER this is very strange! The lower leg BENDS INWARDS when you bend them. Is this their way of making him stand up straight? I think that could be it. I cant see any other way about this.
Feet - They rotate as well fine, just the fatty fats sticking out to the sides when you twist them.

Phew, please continue.

Battery compartments -
Right Shoulder - You pull the cap off to place batteries in there for LEDS in that section. Nothing wrong here and it is simple enough to do.
Back - Now this is a fricking pain in the buttocks. As you can see from the pics, you have to rip off the back armour and whats revealed is a blue body compartment. Now the rubber suit is stuck at each corner onto that cover. Taking the cover off and replacing it is very fiddly. You end up ripping off the rubber thats stuck at the edges to replace the cover back on. This isnt fun 3A!!

Magnets -
Only the rifle contain magnets (2 of them) and it seems one of them is stuck the other way round, because it repels the battery thats inside the back armour.
Now the back armour has four magnets as shown in the pic. This time though the lower 2 are strong. Thats because theres no plastic covering that area.
So the rifle does stick onto the back armour. Hurray!!! However its the bottom two thats keeping it together and the top is just for resting the gun. Not perfect!

Grip -
Handgun - As you can see from the pic. Not all fingers can fit inside the grip hold. haha but Thorne does hold the gun well.
Rifle - Now heres the problem. Using one hand, he still cant hold the rifle well. Thumbs and fingers do fit it, its just the damn fat gauntlets that are in the way. You would have to use two hands to allow him to keep the gun up. Yes he can hold it with both hands since the arms can cross over now.

Armour -
All pieces are fixed onto the suit. Non removable shoulder pads now, most likely to do with one of them containing electronics inside. However the blue strip down the middle is not lined up correctly. :(

Paint app -
Very silvery body suit as the same as MC
The blues are not vibrant enough. Its very dull. All 3A proto shots are misleading. The blue strips and base colour are not distinctive enough. Should be contrasting but it isnt. 3A paint apps are not the best in the field anymore it seems.
One other thing thats improved is that the small lump in the middle of his palm has been removed. It was a problem on MC as the weapons could not fit comfortably in his hands.

Can Throne stand up on his own? The answer is yes, and that could be due to the fat trimming around his crotch area as well the knees bent inwards as default.
I would say this has improved on MC in such a short time, but the annoying thing to me is that lower stomach armour can rub paint off and tear the suit if you are not careful about it or have no idea the limitation this figure has.

I dont know what else I could add here. Do let me know if you think I have missed out.
Thank you and please start the conversations. lol

Thanks Chockles for the update and notes.

Instead of a thumbs up for this figure I will give a slow clap that never speeds up or gets louder for 3a's effort on fixing the problems with this line of figures.

Thanks Chockles for the update and notes.

Instead of a thumbs up for this figure I will give a slow clap that never speeds up or gets louder for 3a's effort on fixing the problems with this line of figures.

haha its been my pleasure to comment, but since I cant get a refund on this figure, I might as well spread the word how great 3A have been with every release..........NOOOOOOOT

That rubber body suit is just a bad design. There's just no way around that fact.

I may have to see if I can pick up a pistol to go with my Master Chief, though.

He sounds better than MC but such a shame. He needs work just like MC and the only way is to mod him. Wish other companies would do halo.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

He sounds better than MC but such a shame. He needs work just like MC and the only way is to mod him. Wish other companies would do halo.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I wish Hot Toys would pick it up and do it like they're doing their iron man line.

All the problem would've gone away if 3A used fabric suit like HT Batman dx12 or 1/4. I thought it was at first but noooo.

Having read all the unhappiness with the recent figures, I Emailed Bambaland to ask if I could cancel my Spartan Recruit.

I never even opened my Carter--he's still sealed, but it seems like he's not even worth what I paid for him now. =\

Ugh. I Emailed 3A six days ago asking them to cancel my Recruit order. No response until today, when they email be back to say they can't cancel him because they just shipped him today. *hate*

So I guess I'll be selling a MISB Recruit along with my Carter once the Recruit arrives...

And here I paid over $100 extra for a recruit because 3A said there were none left. Goddamn it.

Personally i hate the crotch cut.

I understand why they did it, but just looks like a total bodge to me.

I just want some Master Chief hands, and i'll be happy. Well, when i say happy............................................

Personally I'll never buy Halo figs from 3A again unless it's Chief 2.0 or DX (if that happens anyway).
As for the pic, most 3A Halo figs look good if you display them in museum pose... and that's it.

It's funny reading that 3A forum post by the user. As long as you don't post too much negative comments about their figure, then you won't get banned.

Obviously the user is easily pleased with that figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back