3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quoting Gimbat from the 3A forums:

Articulation! They look ****ing great, why couldn't Chief be like this?
Don't know why the love, they still look *****king cheap as hell to me. Sure, there's a bit of articulation now (supposedly - I don't really trust pictures, as 3A DID post pictures of MC doing awesome stuff before unpacking that hot load all over us), but they've implemented it by cutting away large chunks of the rubber suit to reveal ugly articulation. And then the parts of the suit that are still intact look terrible when articulated - the "dynamic" leg poses look terrible without a thigh swivel, the Spartans become very knock kneed suddenly and the suit still bunches up around the knee articulation. Furthermore, these pictures show that the armor is still just being shoddily glued on - the Recruit's knee armor isn't centered properly. The picture of Thorne from behind shows one of his pieces of thigh armor hasn't been set right. My MC figure was full of poor gluing - the codpiece was left of center, the butt pad was lopsided, the foot armor was hanging off the side of the bottom foot armor, etc. If these pictures show 3A's still doing that, I fear for what the retail versions of these will look like. To boot, looks like they're still cheaply washing the rubber suit in that not-game-accurate metallic silver everyone complained about. And the rubber "sleeves" still pull back and reveal the wrist articulation when you bend their arms. It looks very bad in these pictures.

Also, if you pay close attention to how the characters are holding the weapons, it's obvious they're still not gripping them. That picture of Thorne with a Sniper slung over his shoulder and AR in the other hand reveals the AR sitting loosely between his thumb and pointer finger, just like MC. Same with Recruit in one of the pictures - AR is obviously not snug in his hand; it's just hanging there. Side note: Why the hell is the Sniper Rifle's stand thing pointing upwards? It looks terrible. So,yeah, really, I wouldn't count on these figures being super dynamic or even able to hold their weapons properly. We've already seen 3A blatantly bait and switch us with an MC that was incapable of doing what he did in his pictures. Even if these looks to be slightly retooled from that abysmal MC, they look to be made of the similar cheap materials and molds and, to me, they still look incapable of holding their weapons in any real poses. Their armor piece paint app looks nice as hell (the undersuit paint still looks terrible), but that's about it for me. Everything else still doesn't look much better than MC.

Dont forget if the magnets are even strong enough at all.

Whether he can stand still not long enough on its own. What else?

Just curious if anyone has managed to replace the magnets in either the figure or weapons with stronger ones. I've been meaning to look into it, but haven't gotten around to it.

Got the MC today and am satisfied about his looks. I only collect 1/6 and have had even worse figures in the past. Mostly what everyone said about him is true, however I am not as critical and don't mind putting in a but of work.

Movement and mobility or lack there of, almost no hip movement. Knees have some movement and you can hear the articulated notches when bending them and the do stay in place . Arm and elbow joints move but because if his chunky armor and not enough rigidity in the notches so you end up with very limited movement. The rubber suit is fairly soft and the issues is mainly the joints not being ridged enough to hold the poses.

Paint job is decent on the overall armor but the battle damage is a bit bland in weathering. This can be easily fixed for most 1/6 scale collectors and bashers. The rubber is too silvery and so I may or may not paint it but would be easy enough to do. Helmet windshield is acceptable would have been nice to have a more irredescent gloss, but that's just my preference.

The feel of the figures is somewhat fragile and light weight for his shear size which is surprising. Magnets for the gun are very light and can barely hold the big sized weapons.

The armor alignment is not perfect but acceptable and most are glued on to the rubber. The floating black hip armor is riveted through the rubber. Articulated fingers are nice but not very practical for weapon posing however the thumb grip rifles also are a difficulty on many of figures and not just with MC. The top chest armor is floating over the rubber suit and needs to be adjusted a bit to keep aligned, but not a huge issue. Upper shoulder and hands are molded plastic and blend with the rubber pattern. Bicep armor is glued or attached stiff to the actual molded arm. The stomach, forearm, thigh, calf armor is glued to the rubber with a bit of movement. Forearm is a bit chunky but not as bad as some others would think. Overall detail is good and acceptable, with minor touches needed on the battle damage.

I have not tried the lighting and don't care much for it, however the shear size of this figure and overall presence is nice indeed. If I were to estimate a price I would say $220 price point would fit into the existing 1/6 scale market with not as good value given its articulation compared to Hot Toys iron man figures etc. Guven the price of the Canadian dollar this figure costs about $320 in Canadian which is very steep however as I am a big MC fan boy and 1/6 collector I am satisfied with my purchase. I have only bought 1-2 figures annually for the past 5 years but have a collection consisting mainly of older HT military figures and some HT predators and star wars pieces.

229da0994f1ff20a597849f9ca38204c.jpg
cff02c664ae7babb5949af1c08f067d6.jpg
06177b8b4a39534195f25261333bfc9a.jpg
3f159c98fcfffe41c8aec35b4a845449.jpg

7cf37c0f2548dfd7d8d2779f31984b54.jpg

28adf29a909980720b11117610402fce.jpg
c8d90254978c509ef5f2c7e1964a3e44.jpg
7dac2ba63d4ad8fbd68c56d324241ae3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm not too sure about these two new ones. After the MC, I don't have much faith in 3A.

Just curious if anyone has managed to replace the magnets in either the figure or weapons with stronger ones. I've been meaning to look into it, but haven't gotten around to it.

I didn't actually break him open and replace the magnets, but I stuck on tiny magnetic snaps that are usually used for scrapbooking.

Amazon.com: Magnetic Snaps .375" 10/Pkg-1/32" Thick

The adhesive is pretty strong and they're super thin so he now has no trouble holding the weapons on his back (I added some to the hands as well to assist with holding the weapons). With the weapon actually attached to his back they're pretty much invisible. If I feel like changing out the weapon or changing the pose they're easily removable and as far as I've seen the adhesive doesn't mess with the paint.

I didn't actually break him open and replace the magnets, but I stuck on tiny magnetic snaps that are usually used for scrapbooking.

Amazon.com: Magnetic Snaps .375" 10/Pkg-1/32" Thick

The adhesive is pretty strong and they're super thin so he now has no trouble holding the weapons on his back (I added some to the hands as well to assist with holding the weapons). With the weapon actually attached to his back they're pretty much invisible. If I feel like changing out the weapon or changing the pose they're easily removable and as far as I've seen the adhesive doesn't mess with the paint.
Damn this is a good alternative as I usually use clear or black coloured rubber bands which are very thin.

I'm also using a black metal stand from 2 different variety of stands configurations.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
386ebe1668fcbc1e83c4d1bfbefe4ad5.jpg
a7467a07b5b449dc19b8f58dd2b4145b.jpg
7835dcc0960e2769cb87a97691190136.jpg

Just got him today. Prettiest POS I have ever seen.
I can't find AG1 batteries to try the light up feature. I will try the Source tomorrow.

3amc.jpg

I just got word that Thorne is being shipped right now. People are getting their tracking #'s. I'm assuming that means the Recruit figure is too.

I emailed them about it to see if they fixed anything. They wouldn't really tell me. Apparently they don't even have any Recruit figures for sale, which is VERY strange, considering a lot of people cancelled their orders.

If Master Chief goes on clearance for just under $100, maybe I'll get him again ... but now awaiting of Jorge will be produced.

I doubt he'll go that low. People seem to be buying him for $250 on eBay for whatever reason.

I don't think I could ever get my hopes up for Jorge to be made now.

People tends to buy this figure because he's Master Chief. One of the most well-known gamin icons in 1/6th scale. No matter how better how articulated "the other guys" look, they're just another armor figures. To tell you the truth, I won't buy those... guys even if they went 90 us$ each.
That also made me curious why 3A screwed up so badly with this release... @_@

if they can get away with MC, expect the rest of them to be made....same POS recipe.lolz

Like Lugal said it is MC, so they can get away with him in particular. I believe the others will be the same quality as MC.

They will take a bigger hit on the other Spartans once people realize they are ****. Thorne looks cool but was only as popular as Halo 04, so not that popular.

The only saving grace for my MC is that he was not hit with silver paint as much as others I have seen.

I won't be buying from ThreeA again unless they get their act together with big licenses.

I am looking forward to The Walking Dead line, thankfully it looks like it's Threezero handling it.

People tends to buy this figure because he's Master Chief. One of the most well-known gamin icons in 1/6th scale. No matter how better how articulated "the other guys" look, they're just another armor figures. To tell you the truth, I won't buy those... guys even if they went 90 us$ each.
That also made me curious why 3A screwed up so badly with this release... @_@

I agree with you 100%

Back