3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, 3A should have made this as their target when they started with MC's design.

McFarlane-Halo-4-Master-Chief-Cover-Statue-at-SDCC-2013-e1374257937404.jpg

Funny thing is that statue has as much meaningful pose-ability as the 3A Chief, even if it's 0 :D

Looking at those correctly sized gauntlets and abdomen make me cry when I look at "had too many burritos" 3A chief.

The Recruit is prolly the best figure thus far in the 3A halo line, which is like me saying I'm the smartest kid on the Short Bus.......

I'm still trying to figure out if I'm happy about the recruit because it's an awesome figure or because it's not as bad as the chief.

Watching all this Halo 5 hype stuff makes me sad that we won't get a quarter of these characters.

The fact that ThreeA only just manage to get the Halo 4 Chief out the door 2 months before Halo 5 comes out kind of says it all for me.

Yeah I'm fiddling with Thorne now. I was blown away by him when I took him out if the box. That's not saying too much because my immediate reaction to his package was a flashback to being utterly disappointed with Chief.

I'll write some stuff up tomorrow, maybe even slap some pics up. But yeah, he's improved. Not great. But improved.

Got my 3A Recruit today. A marked improvement over Chief. It can stand on its own, can easily hold its weapons with 2 hands, the magnets work, the legs and arms have improved articulation (although the legs are still hindered by the rubber suit at the hips albeit not as much). Everything you see here is unassisted, no stands, no camera trickery, just the figure standing on its own. Sorry about the poor lighting, this was the best i could do in my home at this time of day.

img_20150925_19422310yo1z.jpg
img_20150925_1938091c1rum.jpg
img_20150925_1940321c5oii.jpg
img_20150925_21201712ckra.jpg

I'll say it even though I bashed 3A. It looks ****ing good! I love that AR pose, damn that's a good one. Anyone selling their recruit let me know, I'm out of the hobby for now but for the right price I might pick it up

Got my 3A Recruit today. A marked improvement over Chief. It can stand on its own, can easily hold its weapons with 2 hands, the magnets work, the legs and arms have improved articulation (although the legs are still hindered by the rubber suit at the hips albeit not as much). Everything you see here is unassisted, no stands, no camera trickery, just the figure standing on its own. Sorry about the poor lighting, this was the best i could do in my home at this time of day.

img_20150925_1940321c5oii.jpg

Dayum, that's more like it.

These new Spartans look great but they are nothing without a Chief to go with them. No Chief no Halo period.
If ThreeA does a Chief 2.0 or do things proper with a Halo 5 Chief then I might consider picking up other figures in this license.

Final thoughts on the subject of this whole crapfest.
I am happy the fans of these other Spartans did not get as screwed over as we did with Chief.

Did some painting and mods to MC. Thigh armor was split open and overlapped by a few millimetres to make a smaller Thigh. Used some glue and black paint weathering to hide the seam lines. Did a hit of black weathering around the inner forearm armor which helps reduce the bulkiness look. It's a bit hard to tell in person but a definite improvement when looking at in real life.
43d1265a0ecb2625e5c133f80ff36816.jpg
24a1a61840c7f5be68774be0dce372cc.jpg
544e4c256d4c95837d37c973c9f2bb79.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Awesome work. I know the figure has so many issues, but dammit if it doesn't look incredible. Seriously torn whether to try and pick one up or not.

Awesome work. I know the figure has so many issues, but dammit if it doesn't look incredible. Seriously torn whether to try and pick one up or not.
Honestly it looks good regardless of proportion etc. I generally customized all figures to my preference and so far I'm happy with his looks.

Please take some photos of the inner palm and hand so that I can see the difference to MC. The MC palm has a huge bulge in it which causes the issue with holding weapons.

Well, I was planning on posting my thoughts and pics today. However, I ran into a problem. Whenever I try to attach the backpack the lights over the entire body shut off. I have tried for about 45 minutes to install the backpack in every way possible and every time it clicks into place all the lights shut off. Also, the lights on the backpack itself have never turned on. I was worried that I bent the pins or something but they don't look damaged. The pin alignment system has always been terrible but it is especially bad this time because you can't really see the cavity while installing the backpack. ::sigh::

Anyone else have this problem? Or should I just try to send it back?

On the bright side - everything else about this figure seems like a huge improvement over MC. It is bittersweet.

Edit: I went ahead and sent it back. I should have a replacement by Saturday. Hopefully things work out better for this one because I was pretty impressed with it until I discovered the LED issue.

Back