3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: Rook's Look Nook - Photo review of 3A HALO Emile

Rook
You take such great action shots. I'm thinking of the anakin on the STAP. I would love to see what you can pull off with these halo guys

Not much, to be honest. I'm sure you've read all about the limitations created when transposing 2-D digital armored characters into a 3-D figure. Once the armor pieces make the departure from the virtual environment in which they were created, they tend to start colliding with each other. Arms won't flex enough, guns begin to bump into grenades, etc., etc. These things can move, and move nicely, with a very solid range of motion. But I was really challenged when trying to, say, bring the shotgun up to his shoulder (the smoke grenades on his chest got in the way).

Still, you can get some really cool stuff. I've got him dialed into this pose now, and I'm happy with it.

14559831074_b361e6af5e_b.jpg

like has been said..the thing is way too bulky looking to me so thus, there are articulation issues. does look cool in some shots BUT i always thought halo was a bite from other sci-fi movies and such..easy pass for me!

Oh, don't misunderstand. The articulation is great. All of the joints on mine are plenty stiff :)naughty), and even my magnets are all strong. Assuming you can overlook the ratcheted knee and hip joints (which, uncharacteristically, I can), Emile is pretty solid. And those articulated fingers are pure magic. It's just that range of motion is a bit of an issue.

And nah, he's not too bulky. I've been looking at him on my desk for several hours (when I wasn't wrapped up in a project) ... adjusting, tweaking the pose, etc. And there's a badass Noble Team wallpaper on the big monitor overhead. Trust me: Emile is definitely NOT too bulky. This figure looks like it walked straight off the screen.

i wonder who they'll be doing next after master chief? hopefully jorge!
Yea Jorge would be damn impressive. jorge.jpg Jorge2.jpg
What about that spartan ops spartan they showed awhile back? Spartan ops.jpg
Personally I'd like to see an arbiter with his previous gold armor (fleetmaster) as the exclusive.Arbiter.jpgshipmaster.jpg

Just at a guess, from an engineering and development perspective, I'd say that Jun is the more likely choice. He fits the same body type as Emile and Carter. Cat's a titch smaller and needs a bionic arm (not an issue for ThreeA, given their success with other things robotic), and Jorge is, well, big. Jun makes sense.

This looks great. Is there an alt version like the first release or are these all one edition? I personally love these figures and I've never played a single game of Halo. :lol

Just at a guess, from an engineering and development perspective, I'd say that Jun is the more likely choice. He fits the same body type as Emile and Carter. Cat's a titch smaller and needs a bionic arm (not an issue for ThreeA, given their success with other things robotic), and Jorge is, well, big. Jun makes sense.

True, but if they do Chief next then they'll have the mold for Jorge since they are the same size physically.

Man I really cannot wait to finally just put my order in for MC...the wait feels like it's been forever...I don't mind waiting between the PO and shipping time but the wait just to order is what always kills me

i wonder who they'll be doing next after master chief? hopefully jorge!

Elite please!!

Man I really cannot wait to finally just put my order in for MC...the wait feels like it's been forever...I don't mind waiting between the PO and shipping time but the wait just to order is what always kills me

I know! MC is just one of those iconic video game characters I NEED for my shelf. Once that PO is in, I'll feel a weight lifted :lol

Toys is serious :lecture

Back