3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asked 3A on their FB again and they responded the following:

Was hoping we would see it at SDCC but it doesn't seem like it.

Thats a shame, wonder why its taking so long... maybe theyre purposely delaying it now till the MCC comes out in November...

One way or another they said via Q and A they'd be making a halo announcement THIS MONTH. I don't like to judge people I've never met but this guy and his inability to do things consistently...seems he only does things when he feels like it, gets lazy; doesn't do Q and A's, changes preorder dates (while charging upfront and only available for a day or two), man I just want to have a solid idea of what 3a is releasing to plan accordingly. Maybe I sound entitled but when the topic is high end collectibles in the several hundred dollar range I expect professionalism and communication.

One way or another they said via Q and A they'd be making a halo announcement THIS MONTH. I don't like to judge people I've never met but this guy and his inability to do things consistently...seems he only does things when he feels like it, gets lazy; doesn't do Q and A's, changes preorder dates (while charging upfront and only available for a day or two), man I just want to have a solid idea of what 3a is releasing to plan accordingly. Maybe I sound entitled but when the topic is high end collectibles in the several hundred dollar range I expect professionalism and communication.

You had to be that guy...

The thing is....that I totally agree with you. :lol

The guys at 3A are a talented bunch, sure, but they are a bit strange in their ways, as you said the pre-order window is sometimes very thin and don't let me start with their "secret drops", man if you want to make a very limited edition go ahead, but don't offer random"drops" that some people won't be able to catch, it is certainly not a very consumer friendly practice :(

Don't get me wrong, I'll get their Master Chief in a blink, because I know they do quality products but they still have a long way to go... the fact that if MC was ready for pre-order today and that we'd be getting him around spring next year it's a bit maddening :rotfl

Yea and my love for both their work and the halo universe makes me willing to wait literally as long as needed for more of that line I just want to know the plans and to actually get confirmation and solid details (basically I want either 1. the line is continuing and with X Y and R&D on Z upcoming, 2. or no it isn't) This hobby is riddled with half finished lines and reveals that are never mentioned again, it drives me bonkers that's so acceptable and commonplace!

Sometimes I have naughty dreams that Ash will read the novels (most of which were written by the game creators or overseen directly) and do a Spartan 3, A ghost/Warthog, or a bunch of engineers (CAN ANYONE SAY NEW SQUARE LINE lol). His interpretation or armor choice of an elite could be really cool there's so much source material to use for ideas. I want this line to continue because these guys look so damn impressive
You had to be that guy...

The thing is....that I totally agree with you. :lol

The guys at 3A are a talented bunch, sure, but they are a bit strange in their ways, as you said the pre-order window is sometimes very thin and don't let me start with their "secret drops", man if you want to make a very limited edition go ahead, but don't offer random"drops" that some people won't be able to catch, it is certainly not a very consumer friendly practice :(

Don't get me wrong, I'll get their Master Chief in a blink, because I know they do quality products but they still have a long way to go... the fact that if MC was ready for pre-order today and that we'd be getting him around spring next year it's a bit maddening :rotfl

Re: Article: Rook's Look Nook - Photo review of 3A HALO Emile

Not much, to be honest. I'm sure you've read all about the limitations created when transposing 2-D digital armored characters into a 3-D figure. Once the armor pieces make the departure from the virtual environment in which they were created, they tend to start colliding with each other. Arms won't flex enough, guns begin to bump into grenades, etc., etc. These things can move, and move nicely, with a very solid range of motion. But I was really challenged when trying to, say, bring the shotgun up to his shoulder (the smoke grenades on his chest got in the way).

Still, you can get some really cool stuff. I've got him dialed into this pose now, and I'm happy with it.

14559831074_b361e6af5e_b.jpg

How is the articulation in the hips and knees are they that restricted

You mean the range of motion? It's not bad. You're not going to get him to squat like he's duck-walking, but you can cheat a decent kneeling pose out of him. The engineering needed to work a perfect range of motion into an armored figure like this would be cost-prohibitive.

What you're seeing in that, for instance, is pretty much the limit of the bend you can get in his arms. It's enough, though.

There are four Halo figures from 3A, according to my friend. He was mum as to their coloring. Just that Jorge and MC were among them.

Last edited:
Can't wait for photos!! I'm dreading how much I need to fork out for these. Just want the MC so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome possum, putting that 3aa membership to good work this year. Good grief, stoked to get some more Noble Team off the check list. MC and hopefully an Arbiter too are certainly welcome on my shelf!

Back