3A - 1/6 & 1/12 Judge Dredd Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks fine.
15111112_10153914782766039_5883861512253599644_o.jpg
15235789_10153914782761039_2444745939136181091_o.jpg
15129491_10153914782876039_1845156100942418426_o.jpg

Looks better than I expected, but I still prefer the Mezco version.

Mezco is a solid figure but from the moment saw ThreeA Dredd and Lawmaster, was smitten as it's Bolland esque style. Lean and Mean Dredd rather than power house that Mezco went with. Plus Classic Lawmaster FTW.

Think all the delays, not seeing anything Newphoto wise however has left me on the fence. However those in hand photos truly brought back the inital excitement for this Figure and Lawmaster.

Guess will see once in hand and comparing them Both which is My JUDGE DREDD. Then plenty of Mezco & 3A Judges to fill the ranks.

This guy turned up yesterday and he is the law! Best Dredd figure yet, really nails the Bolland / McMahon Dredd from the late 70's. Not had a chance to unpack the Lawmaster yet.

DREDD is Awesome. Always liked the 3A look of the figure due to the Lean and Mean approach that Bolland and Dillon tend to use.
Now have 3A i hand I got to say still not a fan of the face, though same for Mezco too. Think I am more a Dillon fan and seen a fgure head that will fit that bill ;)

Figure is nicely articulated and 3A ramped up their Articulation with the ankles and makes a HUGE difference.

Bit at a loss why 3A went and made the Belt secured at the back and not free floating. Also not sure about plastic straps for elbow and knee pads, think I may replace with elastic to let the elbows and knees bend more. Bar those Tis perfect and now finally in hand I can Enjoy.
I was accused of being a Mezco fan but easy to positive talk about something as it is In hand and Now finally 3A is in Hand, Got to say LOVE their DREDD.

As for the Lawmaster.

As a fan of the classic design was always something I was looking forward too. The detail is awesome and WOW how bright are the lights. Headlights on the 3A outshine the Mezco, however Mezco Does have rear lights.
Though that look of Lawmaster with Lights on, Truly seeing the bike jump out of the comic pages here.

zlmlights3.jpgzlmlights2.jpgzlmlights4.jpgzlmlights.jpg

Now the scale issue, tbh I honestly don't think UNDERSCALE. I think the issue lays with their choice of Smaller wheels. I scratch built 3 Lawmasters earlier this year (all classic style MKI/II). When you see that Both my scratch build and 3A have the same size seat and Tank & also width of wheels.
It is the choice of size that 3A (IMHO) failed. It is the height that makes the Lawmaster seem out of scale.
zlawmasters1.jpgzlawmasters.jpg

Personally I don't get comparing Mezco Lawmaster to 3A bodywise as Both are totally different Models of the Lawmaster. For me at least Can compare with my scratchbuilds and that is where the sizing of wheels throws 3A down :/

zlawmasters4.jpgzlawmasters5.jpgzlawmasters2.jpgzlawmasters7.jpgzlawmasters6.jpgzlawmasters3.jpg

So Lawmaster I am biased to the classic design so I really Do like the 3A model. At least till I modify the 3A to give more height, I can use mine as CADET versions for the HOTDOG RUN!

I was delighted to be having a couple of Lawmaster box sets arrive this week.

Except a visit to the post depot today has seen me leave with only a single Dredd figure.

It looks like somehow the figure and Lawmaster packages have got seperated, and then they've just lost the bikes and one of the figures.

I'm furious.

Dug out my 1/12 Lawgiver armoury. 3A MKII is the same size (tad thinner) as the ReAction MKII but think Mezco Wins on the MKII version.
As for the MKI, 3A Win over the ReAction MKIs

zlawgivers3_zps0xlcfhns.jpg

zlawgivers_zpskxsouhhi.jpg

zlawgivers1_zpsflxcqiex.jpg

zlawgivers2_zps8z9pnwlf.jpg

"Bazooka Joe"

z3a6_zpsgvsnhrd1.jpg

z3a5_zpsitl7sxpr.jpg

MEZCO Radcloak & 3A Judge.

z3aradcloak_zpszdpsdaeu.jpg

3A & ReAction Belts are pretty close.

z3abelt_zpsl3oanhw4.jpg

Dredd & Lawmaster

z3a1_zps3frtwwpk.jpg

z3a_zpsdek14cpu.jpg

z3a2_zpscdpfp93i.jpg

z3a3_zps4vdrdsxg.jpg

z3a4_zpstblyebbj.jpg

I'm sorry but that Lawmaster is ridiculously small. I'm glad I didn't preorder it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think both the 3A and Mezco offerings are just gorgeous. I might have to give just the slightest edge to the 3A version though. But damn, has there ever been a case where two companies nailed it so completely that BOTH versions are a must buy?

I think both the 3A and Mezco offerings are just gorgeous. I might have to give just the slightest edge to the 3A version though. But damn, has there ever been a case where two companies nailed it so completely that BOTH versions are a must buy?

Individually 3A nailed both Dredd and the Lawmaster. The issue I have is when you put them together. It's like the Smart Car of Lawmasters.

I'm sorry but that Lawmaster is ridiculously small. I'm glad I didn't preorder it now.

It is not the 3A Lawmaster is underscaled, it is they went with smaller wheels. That alas had the knock on effect.

If you go and check the photos of the 3A next to my scratch built Classic MKI/II Lawmaster you can see 3A and mine have the same size seating and tanks, even the wheels are the same width. That 3A went with smaller diameter wheels however has meant smaller wheels housing that alas have gave the impression of Underscaled.

zlawmasters3.jpgzlawmasters4.jpgzlawmasters7.jpg

@Otomofan I Concur Both 3A & Mezco have done some amazing stuff for the DREDD verse. Both have Pros & Cons but Happily Have Both in my collection and happy to customise both to try for the perfect JUDGE figure LOL

Back