Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on the outcome you are trying to achieve.

If you're actually making a history film then you need to try to be as accurate as possible. But for this it's not supposed to be accurate so it's not held to that standard.

this stuffs been going on for years.
stories being used as backdrops for movies and being embellished somewhat.

TCM was thought to be a true story for years.
Amittyville Horror - based on true story, exteemely embellished
Rock Star - based on Halford leaving Judas Priest
Perfect Storm - based on a true story nobody can even really know the true story of

.. its all over the place

Haven't seen the movie yet - not out here in the UK - but I'm sure I'll love it, but...

I doubt Iran's or any Iranian's problem with this film arises solely from the deformation of history presented, but more the depiction of themselves as one-dimensional evil, amoral monsters. Considering the sabre-waving going on in the political world right now, I think it's hardly surprising Iran would take offence at yet another US-led propagander attack against them. I wonder how many here would take offence if the tables were turned and a major release depicted them and their nation as nothing but barbaric, bloodthirty villians. No matter how far back in history such a depiction is set, the message to many still remains the same - Persians are bad, ok?

Just my .02

There are many textbooks and movies and stuff depicting pretty much every large civilization as barbaric. We all know it. It's just ridiculous that Iran thinks it's some kind of attack on them, as if the US government made the film themselves. If the government wanted to show Iran as being bad then they could do it in a much worse fashion.

Wow Iran is a pretty peaceful freedom striving state, I mean they only started jailin all the liberal professors at their colleges.
They only said they wanted to wipe the Jews off the planet.
That sounds like a pretty peaceful government to me, call me crazy.

DouglasMcc said:
300 is a great movie which does an amazing job at entertaining you and a decent job at giving you an overview of a historical event. If you want to know the whole story, pick up a book or rent a History Channel special.

Great post, DouglasMcc. This last part pretty much sums up the whole thing that critics just don't seem to comprehend with 300.

The only thing I don't like about 300 is the fact that there isn't a sequel in the works. I would have loved to see Leonidas in action again. Maybe a prequel? 299? :lol

Jedi_Mike said:
The only thing I don't like about 300 is the fact that there isn't a sequel in the works. I would have loved to see Leonidas in action again. Maybe a prequel? 299? :lol

That would really be 'Milking the Cow'! :D

finally got a chance to open my Immortals Swords set.
pretty cool.
be nice if my mask would ship already
immortalswordssq2.jpg

Jedi_Mike said:

Welp, after Thermopylae, the Spartans did join the Greek alliance for a Persian Beatdown at Palatea--8,000 to 10,000 spartans were out in force for revenge...

Last edited:
occulum said:
finally got a chance to open my Immortals Swords set.
pretty cool.
be nice if my mask would ship already
immortalswordssq2.jpg

Awesome! Should have gotten those to go with my Immortal mask...but alas...there is only one sword in my future and it belongs to the Kurgan.

Jen said:
Awesome! Should have gotten those to go with my Immortal mask...but alas...there is only one sword in my future and it belongs to the Kurgan.
There can be only one!!!
:rock:rock:rock

Jen said:
cant argue with Ricky Bobby ...

occulum said:
cant argue with Ricky Bobby ...

No you can't! :lol That sword is going to kick a**!!!! 4 feet of steel....damn I'm only 5'2"....that sword is almost as big as me!!! Watch out all you naysayers!!! Jen is ready to let the heads roll!!!!! :D :D :D :D

saw it this afternoon. thought it was really good. i was disgusted to see parents taking their children to see it though.

Vader AL said:
saw it this afternoon. thought it was really good. i was disgusted to see parents taking their children to see it though.
I agree...not a kid flick...haven't these parents ever heard of babysitters. My parents took me to see The Omen II at the drive in when I was 7 years old...that movie gave me nightmares for weeks!!

Jen said:
...damn I'm only 5'2"....that sword is almost as big as me!!! Watch out all you naysayers!!! Jen is ready to let the heads roll!!!!:D :D :D :D

That's if you can lift that pig sticker half-pint!

5'2" how cute! :D

Jen said:
No you can't! :lol That sword is going to kick a**!!!! 4 feet of steel....damn I'm only 5'2"....that sword is almost as big as me!!! Watch out all you naysayers!!! Jen is ready to let the heads roll!!!!! :D :D :D :D

:lol:lol:lol

God....I can't wait to see pics of THAT! Cute little chick holding this HUGE ass sword!! :monkey5

Back