Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The ill Jedi

ILLest of 'em all!!
Reaction score
Rocked the F'N S#!T!!! :rock :rock :rock

Just got back from seeing it and let me just say this movie is totally worthy of being labeled BAD ASS! Totally faithful to Frank Miller's book and beautifully transferred to the screen, Zack Snyder did a hell of a job with this flick. Like I said before, I liked Gerard Butler before and thought he was a good actor, but this movie is gonna propel him to stardom (or at least I hope). You all need to see this NOW!!!

Yeah, this movie was freaking great!! A total thrill ride and very well acted I might add. So worth the every minute of the wait since SDCC last year.

Yup, I am so glad that I read the Graphic Novel before I saw it too, it makes me appreciate what they acheived on screen even more!

This movie was amazing!!!! I just got back from it and WOW....what excellent cinematography. The acting was top-notch and overall, I'd rank this movie as one of my favorite!!:rock

Yeah, this movie looks sweet. I am probably going to see it tomorrow afternoon. As long as my friends don't bail out, I'll be seeing it. I can't wait!

Seeing it tomorrow IMAX. Wanted to see it at the Manns Graumans Chinese Theater down in Hollywood, but it was sold out :monkey2 :monkey2 Oh well, I want to go see it in IMAX tomorrow. Anyone see it IMAX yet ???

Very excellent movie!!!!!It was very well done and well directed. And had fantastic cinematography as was noted above!

The action was amazing and the visual design and style fit the movie perfectly, even down to what was seen in the graphic novel. Even the new stuff (such as Golga trying to sway the council) felt right.

I know they're two separate genres,but I liked this a lot better than the Sin City movie.

Gerard Butler was perfect as Leonidas,no one could fit that role better! I really hope this help skyrocket his career.Oh and David Wenham is now back again as a bad-@$$....first he was bad-@$$ as Faramir,then went a little klutzy and wimpy in Van Helsing but now he's back to bad-@$$ as Dilios!

I enjoyed it thoroughly.

My straight to the point review....

The perfect blend of violence and boobies!!!! :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Saw it at midnight last night and I'm still thinking about it. It was cinematically stunning, an assault on the senses, and the best battle scenes ever. Only Zack Snyder's second full-length film and a complete departure from Dawn of the Dead obviously, but it still stayed true to Frank Miller's vision. Anyone crabbing about the violence (not here but elsewhere) needs to get a life. That's like watching a war movie and hoping no one gets shot, or watching Titanic and being surprised by the ending.

vespagirl said:
Titanic and being surprised by the ending.

how did that end again?

nash said:
I enjoyed it thoroughly.

My straight to the point review....

The perfect blend of violence and boobies!!!! :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

:rock :rock :rock :rock is right. That are two of my favorite things: violence and boobies.

Saw it tonight with my friends, and I have tickets to see it tomorrow with my family on the IMAX screen. It will be interesting to see how they reformat it to fit the square shape--I've never seen a movie reformatted for IMAX and I hope the widescreen cinematography doesn't suffer.

His handling of the graphic novel gives me confidence in his work on Watchmen. I hope this makes enough money that he can get straight to work on that one.

nash said:
The wrinkled old lady went skinny dipping.

oh god, the supressed memory just came back. thanks nash. QUICK, need a jessica alba sexy pose to cover up wrinkly old hag. STAT !!!!!

tomandshell said:
It will be interesting to see how they reformat it to fit the square shape--I've never seen a movie reformatted for IMAX and I hope the widescreen cinematography doesn't suffer.

It'll look great trust me I saw Matrix Reloaded and Superman Returns on IMAX and they both looked great. Just get their early so you can get a seat higher up.

Stupid Fandango, I had been trying to buy tickets to see it in IMAX all week and they weren't on the website. So I called the theater at Universal Citywalk and they said it they had been on sale all week and all evening shows for today were sold out. :monkey2

I'll go see it again next week on IMAX!

tomandshell said:
His handling of the graphic novel gives me confidence in his work on Watchmen. I hope this makes enough money that he can get straight to work on that one.

Judging by the lines at the theater tonight, this movie is going to make an A$$load of money and deservedly so!

congerking said:
need a jessica alba sexy pose to cover up wrinkly old hag. STAT !!!!!

Here, it's gonna be okay!!!

alba.jpg

Back