Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw 300, fantastic movie. I'm so glad they kept it R rated, I'm sick of films being rated for general audiences to make more at the box office. Of course, some d*ckhead parents brought their kids to see it anyways. :rolleyes
I got out of the theater and went immediately to buy a Leonidas figure from NECA, he was the only one they didn't have a Spencer's. I bought a Gorgo, but really need a Leonidas.
Does anyone know if they carry 300 figures at Toys R Us?

screamingmetal said:
I just saw 300, fantastic movie. I'm so glad they kept it R rated, I'm sick of films being rated for general audiences to make more at the box office. Of course, some d*ckhead parents brought their kids to see it anyways. :rolleyes
When I saw the midnight showing of 300, there were at least a dozen families with children. I couldn't believe it! Half the kids had their hands over their face pretty much throughout the movie because it was just too violent for them. Some parents!:rolleyes:

Shai Hulud said:
I dont think toysrus carries NECA
Yeah I just called, they don't have them.
carbo-fation said:
When I saw the midnight showing of 300, there were at least a dozen families with children. I couldn't believe it! Half the kids had their hands over their face pretty much throughout the movie because it was just too violent for them. Some parents!
Most of the theater here was adults and some teenagers. But I did see at least 10 or so young kids there. Just about every R rated film I go see there's at least a few young kids in the audience.

Dang,I'm really tempted to get NECA's prop replica shield but now all the places that carry it are sold out. :(

Anyone know of any places that still have it (besides eBay)? :confused:

Bardoon said:
Dang,I'm really tempted to get NECA's prop replica shield but now all the places that carry it are sold out. :(

Anyone know of any places that still have it (besides eBay)? :confused:

Entertainment Earth says they are out of stock but more are arriving...while others I have seen say out of stock sold out...so you may give them a try on the chance that they do get more in. I've ordered from this company before and have had no problems.

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?theme=300

Jen said:
Entertainment Earth says they are out of stock but more are arriving...while others I have seen say out of stock sold out...so you may give them a try on the chance that they do get more in. I've ordered from this company before and have had no problems.

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?theme=300

Thanks Jen...I just pre-ordered one from them and will keep my fingers crossed.

I also would like a helmet but I'm holding out on the chance that they'll do Leonidas' helmet.

screamingmetal said:
I got out of the theater and went immediately to buy a Leonidas figure from NECA, he was the only one they didn't have a Spencer's. I bought a Gorgo, but really need a Leonidas.
Does anyone know if they carry 300 figures at Toys R Us?

Try Hot Topic, Suncoast, or FYE. Besides Spencers those are the only actual stores I know that carry NECA items. Perhaps Harry Potter could get TRU to eventually care NECA's stuff. TRU does carry McFarlane stuff though. :rolleyes:

carbo-fation said:
When I saw the midnight showing of 300, there were at least a dozen families with children. I couldn't believe it! Half the kids had their hands over their face pretty much throughout the movie because it was just too violent for them. Some parents!:rolleyes:

Really? I would have made my kids cover their face during the explicit sex scenes, the 1, but the violence, why not? Shows em what I'll do to them if they step out of line HOO RAH!

Buttmunch said:
Try Hot Topic, Suncoast, or FYE. Besides Spencers those are the only actual stores I know that carry NECA items. Perhaps Harry Potter could get TRU to eventually care NECA's stuff. TRU does carry McFarlane stuff though. :rolleyes:
My shopping mall only has Spencers and Hot Topic now that Suncoast closed down. They said the might get more in at Spencers which is my last hope. I know the 2 comic stores here will have some, but considerably marked up.

This is the oddest thing, after going to Spencers and not finding one, I called them again today to ask when they're getting more in, they said they had just one left! :rolleyes:
Swung by and picked up my Leonidas today! :banana
In my searches, I did find one website that has him available not in a full set. You'll also have to buy an Immortal and the shipping was enough to prevent me from clicking the send order button, but it's an option:
https://www.amoktime.com/detail.asp?product_id=neca300set2

Just got back from the movie and God damn if it didnt kick some major ass!!!

I wanted to split someones skull and shat in it, but my wife put a stop to that:cool:

AWESOME movie!!!!

I think its the best flick I have seen since Return of the King!

King Darkness said:
I think its the best flick I have seen since Return of the King!

That's a BOLD statement!

But well deserved! 300 Rocked!! :rock

Please don't 'shat' in anyone's skull, we want to see you here on the boards not in prison! :lol

Inmate: "What you in for?"

Chase: "I split someone's skull and shat in it."

Inmate: "Damn, that's F'n Hardcore"

Chase: "No, that's Spartancore!"

The ill Jedi said:
Please don't 'shat' in anyone's skull, we want to see you here on the boards not in prison! :lol

Inmate: "What you in for?"

Chase: "I split someone's skull and shat in it."

Inmate: "Damn, that's F'n Hardcore"

Chase: "No, that's Spartancore!"

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Not to worry, I dont think I will be shating in anyones skull:lol

Hey guys! Just wanted to say that I picked up the Spartan Sword replica and the Spartan Helmet replica from Neca. They arrived today and the helmet was broken at the tip of it from the way the factory packed it. The scabbard and belt were assembled backwards for the sword. They tout that the scabbard and belt are real leather, it looks more like a cheap vinyl than leather. The blade of the sword is really bright, not weathered like the photos that have been shown. It just seems like they really rushed production on these items, at least it seems that way on the ones that I obtained.

I am waiting to see what NECA says about these issues and I have also notified the sellers about the issues.

Just some FYI for those of you who may be cosidering picking these items up. Hope it is just a fluke.

yeah I was taking a closer look at my Immortals Swords the other night and while I didnt find any errors or problems, theyre far from hi-end prop replicas.
Im def not returning them, but they couldve been better.

I wouldnt pay full retail for them

Phenomenal movie..... What modern filmmaking should be. There's no reason we can't be civil *munch on his apple*. *Captain skewers a wounded enemy with a spear* Aye, civil.

I'll be quoting it all year.

Got a new shirt today... thought I would share pics...:lol

DSCN2132.jpg

DSCN2133.jpg

And as you can see... I'm better at posing figures than myself...:D

Finally saw this today. Very awesome! And I thought Sleepy Hollow had cool decapitations. That giant dude's was the best. And like everyone else, I wanted to stab someone and go to the gym again :lol

Did I miss Faramir getting his eye poked out or was that not shown. I just remember him wrapping it up and saying "It's only an eye." :lol

Back