Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buttmunch said:
Finally saw this today. Very awesome! And I thought Sleepy Hollow had cool decapitations. That giant dude's was the best. And like everyone else, I wanted to stab someone and go to the gym again :lol

Did I miss Faramir getting his eye poked out or was that not shown. I just remember him wrapping it up and saying "It's only an eye." :lol
I don't recall actually seeing him get poked in the eye either....

I don't think they showed it which kind of pissed me off. I waited the entire damn movie to see why he had his eye patched up and then all you see is him bandaging it up after a battle. I thought for sure there would be some cool eye gouging scene.

DarkArtist81 said:
Got a new shirt today... thought I would share pics...:lol

DSCN2132.jpg

DSCN2133.jpg

And as you can see... I'm better at posing figures than myself...:D

How many points of articulation do you have? 30?.. 35?:rotfl

Saw this sucker last night at the Directors Guild of America theater in Los Angeles. Man... I really enjoyed it. I like Frank Miller so it was pretty much a no brainer. :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

I loved to see Persians get decapped and delimbed :blissysmi

Gotta say... Gerard Butler was great.... a tour de force performance. I can almost hear him dining in hell right now! I think I woulda followed that guy into battle myself. He was a total beast in that flick. Super-stardom is certainly on tap... especially considering I read the script to his next flick, "Butterfly on a Wheel" and he should be great in that too. It's a much smaller thriller... but I think it's gonna be a nice flick. Pierce Brosnan co-stars.

My favorite line of the movie was when Leonidas was eating the apple as his men were piling up like 10,000 Persian corpses and he asks, "Can't we be civil?" Mwahahahahaha!

I also thought the chick who played Gorga was very good. And Wenham is a total pro.

I know budget in those huge epic sword and sandal pieces is always a concern... but I woulda loved to see a bit about the naval part of this battle... watching Themistacles (spelling?) in action! He was as smart and cunning as Leonidas was bold and brave.

P.S. If Sideshow ever makes a PF Leonidas... I'll have to buy one for my older sister. She thinks Gerard Butler is the hottest man on the planet!

Just saw this.....whilst not the greatest film, like Braveheart it is all about passion, pride & love.

Just like everyone else by the end of the the film I was ready to go to war on some usher :lol

Butler was outstanding but got me thinking was it his Scottishness that made him excel in this role as they along side the Irish seem to still have a warrior spirit within them. Would any other nationality have done the role as good?

Last edited:
Yes! I scored some tickets to this for a preview screening tomorrow night..:chew :chew My six month wait is nearly over!! I have been sooo keen to see this, especially after all the whoohah you guys have said about it!!

I saw this at the 11:59 pm showing March 8th and just like the Nine Inch Nails song in the trailer, it was just like I imagined.
Sorry, I am wrong, it was better than I imagined. I had to see it again so a week later I caught it on IMAX.
I have to say this is visually one of greatest movies I have ever seen. It ranks up there with Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, Blade Runner, Dune and Peter Jackson's King Kong.
I might have to catch it again to hold me over until Grindhouse comes out.

Late to the game, but aboard now...

SAW 300 for the first time last night...

WOW! Loved it! Not my all-time fave or nothing, but it will do!

(and loved seeing the preview for my next favorite film, PATHFINDER, in a theatre also...)

But yeah, this one ruled. Had more testosterone per minute than any movie I think I have seen in years. There was that one line about the evil guys, driving those ugly beastie guys with whips into battle, and some guy in the audience started laughing....like, at all the macho stuff...and there was much to be sure...but you know.... I LIKED IT!

About damn time I saw some GUYS that were total bada$$es and not politically correct or something. No softies here. Conan types all. Men. When it was ok to be one. Still. I'd love to have seen Leonidas and the rest of the guys' reactions to modern mores and standards and limits by society...

I bet we'd get a big "AHOOOOOOO!"

That laughing guy was probably some pu$$ywhipped geek that just couldn't let himself appreciate what bad dudes are truly capable of when really put to the test. Probably threated his male self image a bit. I guarantee you that guy wouldn't stand up to Xerxes' army with that much attitude. I get he'd a pee'd hisself silly!

Overall, flick took liberties with history and all, the attire was not too realistic, a bit too 60's cheesy gladiator movies style to my tastes, but with Leonidas in charge, who cares!

Good stuff! Enjoyed it! Give it ***1/2 stars out of five. Clever imagery, and basic plot, but very fun. I just wish the blood stayed on the bodies and ground after spouting out so! You wanna talk about cleanup time! They needed to add the droning sounds of what else would be very present there...flies! :lol

WHATEVER!
Put this one near the top of the REAL MAN MOVIES list :D

Oh, and cool shirt Josh! Yeah, do you have those rubber arm sleeves then? Did you have to do the H/C thing to get them to fit? :D

Cool, looks like this will be a pretty cool summer. I'll get the HD-DVD version, I might even have the HD-DVD player by then but if not I can still play the regular version.

Back