3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carded Mando Retro collection. Nice to see that they kept the stupid Retro stickers even though there's no need to differentiate them from any existing vintage counterparts. :slap

retro_mando_collection_kaia.jpg

Carded Mando Retro collection. Nice to see that they kept the stupid Retro stickers even though there's no need to differentiate them from any existing vintage counterparts. :slap

Bein' a newish SW collector - well, don't get the card thing. I play with my figs. But slowly getting that having a pristine unopened fig is important:dunno? So picked up a chromed Mando collection and then - guess am not supposed to open it.

But I need a Cara to go with my Hasbro Razor Crest. I can't deal with this:pfft:; picking up another Cara with a supposedly creased package (standard) and :naughtyI'm opening the thing up. The Razor Crest comes with Mando and Child but I needed Cara too. Bad enough I'll have this Jawa that apparently is worth more if I never open it.:banghead

Collect for yourself not what others think. I’m an opener too and rarely keep things carded. If it’s a special packaging or something I might try to get two and keep one carded. I kept the Sailbarge Yakface carded because the retail one was available. Hard to say on the Razorcrest Grogu and Jawa. They will be different from that retail versions by more than just an extra cup. So I’ll probably open them up too despite their perceived extra value. The real value is how you use them in your display. Carded guys will display them carded and openers will probably open. Not sure how that works exactly when you’ll have to partially open up the Crest to even get the carded figures out. But those problems just illustrate why it’s much less stressful being an opener :lol

I'm right there with you. I'll continue to collect stuff from the OT and from first two seasons of The Mandalorian. Perhaps the odd PT figure like Windu if they ever make him. My biggest collecting regret at the moment is passing on the Sail Barge.

I think my personal "main" Star Wars story will always start with Rogue One leading into the OT and end with The Mandalorian season 2 and that door closing on Luke and The Child. To me it's the perfect beginning, middle, and end.

There are other parts of the franchise I enjoy but they will always be secondary.

This sums up pretty well where I?m at. KK and SJW?s are burning it all down.

I got 2 of the Tantive corridor diorama in recently and just wasn't as excited about it as I expected to be.

And I don't know if it's just that I've got them in the same room as both my Hot Toys and my NECA - packed in where they happen to fit without proper organization - but my Hasbro SW stuff sure has been looking very 'cluttery' to me lately. Meditate on this I must.

At last, my TVC Slave I ordered back in december has finally shipped from Zavvi. It will be a first with them and a test shipment before the Haslab Razon Crest coming later this year.

Collect for yourself not what others think. I?m an opener too and rarely keep things carded. If it?s a special packaging or something I might try to get two and keep one carded. I kept the Sailbarge Yakface carded because the retail one was available. Hard to say on the Razorcrest Grogu and Jawa. They will be different from that retail versions by more than just an extra cup. So I?ll probably open them up too despite their perceived extra value. The real value is how you use them in your display. Carded guys will display them carded and openers will probably open. Not sure how that works exactly when you?ll have to partially open up the Crest to even get the carded figures out. But those problems just illustrate why it?s much less stressful being an opener :lol

Thanks! Am definitely an opener - I mean that's what I bought these things for, my enjoyment. Any future mythical buyer of my stuff should be happy if I even kept the box.:nana:

I got 2 of the Tantive corridor diorama in recently and just wasn't as excited about it as I expected to be.

Yeah, mine arrived and I feel the same way; it isn’t as fun as I thought it would be. It just sits there. It’s a hallway. Half a hallway. For $50. Plus it’s made of super cheap thin plastic that light shines right through, which instantly kills the look.

There isn’t even a way to army build Rebel Fleet Troopers to fill it without going through resellers, so mine is just vacant apart from Darth, a couple Stormtroopers, and one Rebel. :lol I’m baffled Hasbro didn’t offer some solid cases of them like they did for the Rogue One Stormtroopers.

New arrivals waiting on the Razor Crest. *&^%$ Disney Cara is a must. Am only getting a few figs to go with the Crest - maybe a couple of jawas next. Upmarket price but not too bad.

Caramando.jpg

Yeah, mine arrived and I feel the same way; it isn’t as fun as I thought it would be. It just sits there. It’s a hallway. Half a hallway. For $50. Plus it’s made of super cheap thin plastic that light shines right through, which instantly kills the look.

There isn’t even a way to army build Rebel Fleet Troopers to fill it without going through resellers, so mine is just vacant apart from Darth, a couple Stormtroopers, and one Rebel. :lol I’m baffled Hasbro didn’t offer some solid cases of them like they did for the Rogue One Stormtroopers.

I managed to find a place for it and the Carbon Freezing Chamber, both of which I'd had on the floor for lack of a shelf space for them. With some rejigging I've condensed much of my SW stuff into an 8 square IKEA Kallax and only lost space for the old 1997 Vader TIE (which could really do with an update anyway).

What was annoying me about the SW stuff was I had it all over the place - I even had 3.75'' figures mixed in with my Hot Toys.

I don't mind this condensed look for now - I've more or less managed to keep a thematic organization to it so it's kinda like the 1/18 equivalent of what Galoob used to do with their themed micro-machine playsets. I don't and will never have the space for the expansive dioramas I used to want.

Back