3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered it without hesitation :lol

They HAVE to include a proper Baby Yoda with this!

Already have a Cara TVC. Still waiting for my damn TVC Mando to ship from BBTS.

Hopefully we get a TVC wave for Mando too!

Darth Bane

QlfwKbv.jpg

O5sSNJF.jpg

A Masterpiece; thank you for sharing

So the Carbon Freezing Chamber set is pretty much to scale going by the movie footage in this video. Maybe a smidge undersized if at all.

There are situations where they actually could make something to proper scale with figures - usually they don't do it for one reason or another.

Well produced video. It's an interesting movie set because it had no backdrops/walls at all, so Hasbro has made pretty much all there was.

Definitely be a pretty awesome display with all the various characters, troopers and Ugnaughts set up with two of these placed end-to-end.

I really, really wish these playsets/dios could have come out 10-15 years ago (back when Hasbro repeatedly said nobody wanted dios like this) when I was heavily focused on 3 3/4". Or better yet, have had this playset in 1980 when that "vintage" packaging was new.

It's interesting how the vintage packaging started out as a one-off line for Hasbro many years ago and yet has evolved into almost the main packaging for Hasbro SW. We could have never known back in the early 80s that you'd still be able to buy 4" SW figs in that exact same packaging... 40 YEARS LATER. Things can be weird sometimes.:lol

Well produced video. It's an interesting movie set because it had no backdrops/walls at all, so Hasbro has made pretty much all there was.

Definitely be a pretty awesome display with all the various characters, troopers and Ugnaughts set up with two of these placed end-to-end.

I really, really wish these playsets/dios could have come out 10-15 years ago (back when Hasbro repeatedly said nobody wanted dios like this) when I was heavily focused on 3 3/4". Or better yet, have had this playset in 1980 when that "vintage" packaging was new.

It's interesting how the vintage packaging started out as a one-off line for Hasbro many years ago and yet has evolved into almost the main packaging for Hasbro SW. We could have never known back in the early 80s that you'd still be able to buy 4" SW figs in that exact same packaging... 40 YEARS LATER. Things can be weird sometimes.:lol

Sort of how I feel, they missed that window before collectors moved onto bigger and better things (literally, and 20 times more expensive), though I guess they're more of a niche product now. Happy they're doing this though.

Re: 3.75" Collecting Thread

Umm Mr. Buttmunch sir...

:lol

While I’m disappointed they didn’t try for this at retail instead, I’m actually very impressed with this and have already backed. I guess is didn’t expect it to be the size it is. Very impressive now that I see it in almost all of its glory. They really couldn’t digitally paint a single picture of this? That seems very lazy. We’ve know this for months so it wasn’t a rushed project they were barely able to make it to the show with.

I agree a carbonate block seems the most logical add on, although I’m super surprised an absolutely tiny Child hasn’t been announced yet.

:lol

While I?m disappointed they didn?t try for this at retail instead, I?m actually very impressed with this and have already backed. I guess is didn?t expect it to be the size it is. Very impressive now that I see it in almost all of its glory. They really couldn?t digitally paint a single picture of this? That seems very lazy. We?ve know this for months so it wasn?t a rushed project they were barely able to make it to the show with.

I agree a carbonate block seems the most logical add on, although I?m super surprised an absolutely tiny Child hasn?t been announced yet.

The carbonite blocks seem like something that should be included as part of the interior of the ship.

1st tier - baby yoda
2nd tier - Kuiil
Every 2000 orders after that - equals one extra Mando style Jawa

What they include will need to be exclusive to the set. They specifically mentioned that the soft goods cape is exclusive to this set while a plastic cape version will hit retail. I think many people would be upset if Kuill was exclusive to this set. I could see a preposed Baby Yoda reaching for the gear shift nob. He?ll be absolutely tiny so I?m thinking they?ll go with little statues for him at this scale.

I agree the blocks should have already been included but they?ve learned from the Sentinels that adding things will boost sales, even if they should have been included from the get go.

UK and EU collectors can now back this project thru Zavvi. Not very familiar with this etailer bu t i guess it's better than the Ebay lottery that was Ebay for the barge.

Main concern though, with Brexit just around the corner, i'm afraid continental EU backers will be bitten with extra custom fees comes late 2021. Really wish there would be a specific partner for the Euro zone market. I would feel a lot more confident with my purchase.

Dammit! After getting the Smugglers Run Falcon and a 3.75 Bespin Han to go with it I've been bitten by the 3.75 collecting bug.

I have a Mandalorian on his way, well when Forbidden Planet pulls they're finger out and dispatch him, and I've just backed the Razors Crest.

I haven't bought these figures since the 70's and 80's and now I'm becoming hooked again.

UK and EU collectors can now back this project thru Zavvi. Not very familiar with this etailer bu t i guess it's better than the Ebay lottery that was Ebay for the barge.

Main concern though, with Brexit just around the corner, i'm afraid continental EU backers will be bitten with extra custom fees comes late 2021. Really wish there would be a specific partner for the Euro zone market. I would feel a lot more confident with my purchase.

Well they voted for that so they have to live with the consequences of that vote. No issue there. Glad they have the option to support this. Hopefully they now put their money where their mouth is.

Well they voted for that so they have to live with the consequences of that vote. No issue there. Glad they have the option to support this. Hopefully they now put their money where their mouth is.

Isn't he talking about continental EU backers? They didn't vote for Brexit.

This thing does look really really good, it'd have great presence on the shelf being a tall and wide vehicle - somewhat like the Republic Gunship. Feeling more tempted today than I did yesterday.

If I pass on opportunities like Xavvi or BBTS and later regret it it'd be on me this time now that I know how Hasbro is likely to operate after the Sailbarge experience.

Hmmm.

Isn't he talking about continental EU backers? They didn't vote for Brexit.

Yep.

Last edited:
Pre-ordered the Razor Crest on BBTS. I’m in Australia, so no Hasbro Pulse... I missed out in the barge and don’t want to miss out on this. Funnily enough, literally the night before this dropped, I went to Ben thinking “I wonder when they’ll do a Razor Crest?” Then, BOOM! So... you’re welcome �� ��

This thing does look really really good, it'd have great presence on the shelf being a tall and wide vehicle - somewhat like the Republic Gunship. Feeling more tempted today than I did yesterday.

If I pass on opportunities like Xavvi or BBTS and later regret it it'd be on me this time now that I know how Hasbro is likely to operate after the Sailbarge experience.

Hmmm.

Yep.

Yeah the design definitely reminds me of the Rep gunship.

I got $$$ for mine just 3-4 years ago, but I miss my gunship.:(:lol

Back