3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Head piece is good, body was awful, and it?s not compatible with the barge body. Barge/Rancor pit has the best proportions and most accurate overall.

I found that you could pop the upper body off and insert a riser (just a piece of scrap plastic) to "stretch" the rubbery lower body higher and it improved the look of the Walmart Jabba a lot. The main problem with it was the "squished" rubbery body that looked a little out of proportion.

The rubbery plastic was also a bit sticky - I don't think it was going off like some rubbery plastic does, but it did make dust stick to it a little.

Yeah mine was sticky and thin, as soon as I got the Rancor pit one off eBay, I ditched it. It’s been a long journey from the ‘83 Kenner Jabba to the Rancor Barge one to get a Jabba that looks like he did in Jedi. I remember being so excited in 2004 for the Ultra because of the paint but the glob sculpt sucks.

Finally tracked down a Black Series Darth Plageous The Wise. Last Sith figure to get is a Nihilous.

Yeah mine was sticky and thin, as soon as I got the Rancor pit one off eBay, I ditched it. It’s been a long journey from the ‘83 Kenner Jabba to the Rancor Barge one to get a Jabba that looks like he did in Jedi. I remember being so excited in 2004 for the Ultra because of the paint but the glob sculpt sucks.

Yeah, Kenner/Hasbro has really struggled with Jabba a lot. I have the 6" BS version and it's a very nice sculpt - they did the shrunken 4" version based off that, and was the basis for the barge version but to me it doesn't look as good for some reason. Something got lost in the shrink-down.

It may have been that the hasbro team said the barge version would have the "photo real face" printing apps but in the end it didn't, so it almost has the paint you'd expect on a cheaper type figure (ugh, those dark red eyes.)

To me there still isn't a spot-on 4" Jabba, but they have certainly gotten way closer with the 6" Jabba as the base. The Walmart version's "squashed lower body" issue aside (which can be fixed as I mentioned, and improves the look of the fig 1000%) I can see how some might prefer that Jabba version over the newer one.

y3ZQ3ax.jpg

Hey Mando!

xkLvdHa.jpg

I have to say, as impressive as the latest TVC figures have been (especially the sculpt and paint), they also always end up being frustrating in comparison to their bigger black series counterparts. A lack of rocker ankles REALLY hurts these. And here the lack of a double jointed neck and butterfly shoulders makes properly aiming his rifle awkward and a pain.

I'm in the process of selling my old The Vintage Collection...collection, and I've noticed some of them have stickers over the UPCs. I pretty much never bought any of them from like a re-selling toy store or something like that. So I was wondering does anyone remember if those were factory applied? I'm noting it in the listings but want to be accurate. I saw a TVC Darth Maul was AFA graded 9.0 and it had the sticker over the UPC. That's what made me wonder if they were factory applied or not, which would be odd.

Is the ESB retro wave strictly a Walmart exclusive, or will it be available elsewhere at a later time?

Is the ESB retro wave strictly a Walmart exclusive, or will it be available elsewhere at a later time?

Wal-Mart exclusive. If they are anything g like the 1st wave, online stores will carry these later this year. However it?s not a dime deal as that has not been officially announced for wave 2. Which I why I felt the need to preorder a set in Walmart com and bought a set from eBay. Actually did not end up being a horrible deal on them plus now I have peace of mind that I have them. Walmart is the worst here in my neck of the woods in Minnesota for stocking exclusives.
c93082058d9ff7ae17a63bac8354b949.jpg

4709751f54e37168bd383083525640ac.jpg

Yes I removed the stupid retro sticker. Easy enough with goo gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wal-Mart exclusive. If they are anything g like the 1st wave, online stores will carry these later this year. However it?s not a dime deal as that has not been officially announced for wave 2. Which I why I felt the need to preorder a set in Walmart com and bought a set from eBay. Actually did not end up being a horrible deal on them plus now I have peace of mind that I have them. Walmart is the worst here in my neck of the woods in Minnesota for stocking exclusives.

Thanks. I'll just hold out and hope they're available later elsewhere. Not going to Walmarts trying to track these down, and they're already 2X-3X their MSRP on eBay. A lot of places will have wave 1 available, so I'm just going to assume this wave will also flood the market as well.

Back