3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guy points out that the Klaatu has the smaller bubble, and that they'll be doing small/med/large as needed for vintage, but then they show Yakface and he has another large bubble even though it's not necessary for a regular sized/thin character.

It's a bummer - the reason I passed on the Vintage Hoth Trooper. It cuts down the size of the pic/artwork, taken up by an unnecessary huge bubble. I guess they're trying to make the toy itself seem larger for sales but it partly defeats the purpose of trying to accurately recreate the vintage cards.

The guy talks at length about their long search for the original 80's Yak face card image, but they end up covering 1/3 of it with an inaccurate and unnecessary large bubble anyway.:dunno

I think maybe the Yakface bubble is bigger because they had already designed it a while ago for for its inclusion with the sail barge.

Its nice to see more in the vintage line for sure! I only pick and choose a few, but its always nice to see them on the shelf. It brings me back to childhood judt to see that card design out there.

Too bad no new vehicles were announced except the EE exclusive resistance A-wing repaint.

A little skinny, but Ok, I will buy him...

17F3AD87-814F-4B34-AD03-820D00DD9F20.jpeg

Everyone seems to be having a hard time nailing the Crait Luke headsculpt.

If they can adjust face for photorealism why can’t they change other things like molded TD or add a spear to phasma?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A slightly muddy R2-D2 is coming to TVC.

79a6717b0f635adcd35e16f311044d4c.jpg

Looks like a repaint of the Last Jedi Force Link R2.

Personally I think a rerelease of TVC #25 (bartender) would've been better, considering the Barge is releasing in a few months (February) and that version of R2 goes for way too much on ebay nowadays.

I don’t own it but some of my friends on another forum really like it. They say it’s a much better value than the new Vintage Collection one, which isn’t too surprising. :lol

I have yet to find one where I am, although I did pick up a TVC Last Jedi Luke today.

I thought the proportions look pretty good, perhaps better than the large wing TIE. Am I wrong? And is it in scale with 3.75'' figures?

I thought the proportions look pretty good, perhaps better than the large wing TIE. Am I wrong? And is it in scale with 3.75'' figures?

The wings proportions look good to me, about the same size as the TFA tie. Smaller than the large wing tie, but bigger than the POTF wings. I think they look pretty accurate to what I remember in Solo. To me it seems like the ties wings size has varied a bit in different movies, so it may be subjective. I feel like the large wing ties are more accurate to what I remember in ESB.

exit: forgot to add - its supposed to be in scale with 3.75 figures, but like most of the vehicles, it’s not. Still looks great though, and if you collect 3.75 vehicles you’re probably used to the scale thing to some extent.

Last edited:
The wings proportions look good to me, about the same size as the TFA tie. Smaller than the large wing tie, but bigger than the POTF wings. I think they look pretty accurate to what I remember in Solo. To me it seems like the ties wings size has varied a bit in different movies, so it may be subjective. I feel like the large wing ties are more accurate to what I remember in ESB.

exit: forgot to add - its supposed to be in scale with 3.75 figures, but like most of the vehicles, it’s not. Still looks great though, and if you collect 3.75 vehicles you’re probably used to the scale thing to some extent.

I should have asked ''is it made for the 3.75'' line?'', because indeed, very few of the vehicles are made to proper scale with the figures.

Thanks for the responses. There was a time I would have known all about this stuff but I tuned out Star Wars collecting a few years ago....or rather Hasbro tuned me out by ceasing the 3.75'' line for the most part and switching to 6'' and now I find everything confusing as hell.

Tempted by this TIE, I'll keep an eye on stock levels.

I should have asked ''is it made for the 3.75'' line?'', because indeed, very few of the vehicles are made to proper scale with the figures.

Thanks for the responses. There was a time I would have known all about this stuff but I tuned out Star Wars collecting a few years ago....or rather Hasbro tuned me out by ceasing the 3.75'' line for the most part and switching to 6'' and now I find everything confusing as hell.

Tempted by this TIE, I'll keep an eye on stock levels.

Right on :duff

I think this one is worth the purchase, It stands out pretty well on the shelf. I’ve been enjoying all the vehicles from the Solo line so far.

I didn't catch it at the time, but I just noticed there was a new update on the barge Haslab site on 10/19. Pretty cool stuff. Wish I had all my old figures to populate it but I passed the barge because I don't. I still have crazy thoughts of trying to pick one up but my collection now is so focused on 1/6 and 1/4 I just don't think I can go there. Still really fun to follow the project.

35 years after ROTJ and we finally get a new Luke Skywalker figure on a Kenner card from a new film. The prototype had saber tossing arm action but a choking accident caused by a similar toy prompted them to cancel that feature at the last minute.

VC131-Luke-Skywalker-The-Vintage-Collection-Hasbro-011.jpg

35 years after ROTJ and we finally get a new Luke Skywalker figure on a Kenner card from a new film. The prototype had saber tossing arm action but a choking accident caused by a similar toy prompted them to cancel that feature at the last minute.

VC131-Luke-Skywalker-The-Vintage-Collection-Hasbro-011.jpg

:rotfl

Great to see that smaller bubble and loving the overall vibe. Imagine if you sent this through time back to 1990's fans - nerdgasms galore!:lol

It actually looks like a vintage card instead of the lunchbox-sized bubble a few of the TVC figs earlier this year were encased in (I'm looking at you, Hoth rebel soldier.)

But... Hasbro really needs a new graphic designer. In the artwork, that void of empty space to Luke's left (they should have made Luke slightly larger in frame and moved him to the left) and the somewhat clumsy look to some of the newer/uncommon film names into the vintage style logo I'm not loving. The Last Jedi words seem like they needed to be a little larger - or something - within the classic Kenner SW frame to look balanced. Maybe some newer SW film names just won't fit in it.

Back