3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s been confirmed to be for the vintage collection 3 3/4” scale. Nothing known beyond that though. Likely will launch at Hascon.

Damn I was hoping for a 6 inch XW. :gah:

If its going to be for vintage then my guess is Death Star lol

Kidding

BUT it could be a portion of the trench.

Just ordered the new Falcon from Forbiddenplanet.com. Totally forgot I had an account there, haven't thought of using them in years but someone on Rebelscum posted that he'd just received his from them. I go to the site, try my email address and reset password and sure enough when I log in I see a huge list of old orders, 2013 being the last time.

Anyway, hope it goes well.

It’s been confirmed to be for the vintage collection 3 3/4” scale. Nothing known beyond that though. Likely will launch at Hascon.

Really? So presumably an accurate scale to the figures for the first time ever? Interesting.

My SR BMF turned up from Zavvi today. I haven't opened it as yet, but it will be going next to my Legacy Collection BMF.

I was going to flog the Legacy version and offered it to a mate for ?250.00, but he turned me down so I've taken it as a sign that it should stay in my possession :)

Holy cow! I just opened up the box to have a butcher's and the paint job is phenomenal. Videos and photos don't do it justice. This why it's 400 quid.

Just ordered the new Falcon from Forbiddenplanet.com. Totally forgot I had an account there, haven't thought of using them in years but someone on Rebelscum posted that he'd just received his from them. I go to the site, try my email address and reset password and sure enough when I log in I see a huge list of old orders, 2013 being the last time.

Anyway, hope it goes well.

Really? So presumably an accurate scale to the figures for the first time ever? Interesting.

How far off do you think the vintage XW is.

Sized more for a 2-3 inch.

Unboxed the Millenium Falcon and wasn't quite as blown away as everyone else seems to be. I could live without all of the projectile weapons it can fire, and it seems like an odd choice given the $400 price tag. It seems aimed at collectors with some hold-over toy features.

The weathering is great, the sound effects (though ridiculously loud) are cool, and I love the light-up feature for the sub-light drives. As much as I'd love to relive my childhood by running round the house with this thing it's just too damn big. The ramp lowering, lighting, and sound effects are all great as well.

I'm not a fan of how the landing gear is attached rather than retracting. You can really only display it with or without the feet, it's not seamless to switch between the too. Like others have said, the cockpit lid doesn't sit flush with the base and there are visible gaps. The cockpit lid also tends to detach when trying to open it. The living spaces are too under-scaled to really work with the figures.

I could honestly live with the issues if it wasn't $400. The price tag is just too steep for what you get, in my opinion.

I would be a lot more interested in it if Galaxy's Edge wasn't prominently advertised. Plus I already own the Deago and Bandai perfect grade kits.

Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise?

VOfQrWq.jpg

^I presume the lightsaber effect is edited in later but do what about something like the glow the lightsaber is casting on Palpatine?

How far off do you think the vintage XW is.

Sized more for a 2-3 inch.

Others would know more than me but that could be right.

I don't see anyone on Rebelscum talking about a Haslab X-wing though. It seems to be the Tonnika sisters every time I check in there.

Unboxed the Millenium Falcon and wasn't quite as blown away as everyone else seems to be. I could live without all of the projectile weapons it can fire, and it seems like an odd choice given the $400 price tag. It seems aimed at collectors with some hold-over toy features.

The weathering is great, the sound effects (though ridiculously loud) are cool, and I love the light-up feature for the sub-light drives. As much as I'd love to relive my childhood by running round the house with this thing it's just too damn big. The ramp lowering, lighting, and sound effects are all great as well.

I'm not a fan of how the landing gear is attached rather than retracting. You can really only display it with or without the feet, it's not seamless to switch between the too. Like others have said, the cockpit lid doesn't sit flush with the base and there are visible gaps. The cockpit lid also tends to detach when trying to open it. The living spaces are too under-scaled to really work with the figures.

I could honestly live with the issues if it wasn't $400. The price tag is just too steep for what you get, in my opinion.

I get the impression you didn't previously own the original BMF. Your disappointments seem to apply to the original vehicle as opposed to this release specifically. I'm slightly worried about what you say about the cockpit lid not closing properly as I saw someone on Rebelscum post pictures of that - the original didn't have this problem. I hope it's not a widespread issue as I hate gaps in spaceship hulls :lol

Last edited:
That would be a ridiculous waste of a Haslab project if you ask me.

Regarding the Falcon for me the interior is irrelevant I just need the outside to look great.

Sure the cockpit is too small we all could benefit from a bigger cockpit but such is life.

That would be a ridiculous waste of a Haslab project if you ask me.

The Tonnika sisters? Yeah I'd agree.

If you mean the larger X-wing - hmm. Wouldn't have topped my list as the one we just got is very nice from a visual standpoint.

I actually think they should do a new Republic Gunship. The old one is cool but definitely too small. I'd hate to be the pilots in that thing - particularly the rear one - he can't even look out a window. So I wonder if they could do one big enough to serve as a dropship for the AT-TE with the appropriate modifications. That'd be huge and yet still underscaled because the AT-TE is underscaled (I assume)

I get the impression you didn't previously own the original BMF. Your disappointments seem to apply to the original vehicle as opposed to this release specifically. I'm slightly worried about what you say about the cockpit lid not closing properly as I saw someone on Rebelscum post pictures of that - the original didn't have this problem. I hope it's not a widespread issue as I hate gaps in spaceship hulls :lol

Correct, I did not own the original. I?m fairly certain the cockpit issue is widespread as the design doesn?t have the canopy locking or snapping into place. It just kind of rests on top and is poorly aligned.

The Tonnika sisters? Yeah I'd agree.

If you mean the larger X-wing - hmm. Wouldn't have topped my list as the one we just got is very nice from a visual standpoint.

I actually think they should do a new Republic Gunship. The old one is cool but definitely too small. I'd hate to be the pilots in that thing - particularly the rear one - he can't even look out a window. So I wonder if they could do one big enough to serve as a dropship for the AT-TE with the appropriate modifications. That'd be huge and yet still underscaled because the AT-TE is underscaled (I assume)

While I love the RGS I think I can live without it same for the ARC-170.

I have officially run out of space after the Falcon lol

Last edited:
Correct, I did not own the original. I?m fairly certain the cockpit issue is widespread as the design doesn?t have the canopy locking or snapping into place. It just kind of rests on top and is poorly aligned.

I hope it's an easy fix at least, something we can do to hold it in the correct position - maybe an inconspicuously coloured elastic band wrapped around the whole thing.

While I love the RGS I think I can live without it same for the ARC-170.

I have officially run out of space after the Falcon lol

I love the Gunship, hate the ARC-170. I remember buying that and regretting it soon after - never liked the design, didn't work in any dioramas, a pretty much one-off appearance in one movie only - I gave it away to a guy painting the house.

I own the original and its always been that way sadly.

Back