24: Live Another Day

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have high hopes for this season, that it might be the best yet. With only 12 eps, we won't get any of the filler like we usually do, with B-plots and whatnot

Yeah, Kiefer said that there's a lot more at stake this time, because they don't have the leeway to correct themselves as they've done in the past. Usually, they could screw up on one episode, and then get back on track later on. But, it's much more difficult to do that with just 12 episodes now.

What did you guys think about the new season? I love how "Live Another Day", looks and feels just like the same old 24 that we've known. From the 24 clock intro, to Kiefer's line, "The following takes place between ___PM and ___PM. All events occur in real time". I feel right at home watching it - and I came close to shedding a tear from the pure nostalgia of it all :lol.

I love how these first two episodes show how much Bauer has changed.

There was a very empty hole in my soul when Jack said good bye to Chloe that last time. No other tv show (as great as some of those are) has been able to fill it.

Glad you are back, Jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finished the 2 episodes and feels like he's never been away,

question- why is jack a wanted terrorist in this series.

sent from my laptop using wifi

finished the 2 episodes and feels like he's never been away,

question- why is jack a wanted terrorist in this series.

sent from my laptop using wifi

Season 8 ... Bauer went on a killing spree to avenge the assassination of Renee Walker. Laid waste to the Russian embassy & killed the Russian Foreign Minister ...

24-822.jpg

Nearly assassinated the Russian President. Season 8 ended with Bauer disappearing because he was wanted by both the American and Russian governments for the killing spree.

24-GIF.gif

SnakeDoc

Season 8 ... Bauer went on a killing spree to avenge the assassination of Renee Walker. Laid waste to the Russian embassy & killed the Russian Foreign Minister ...

View attachment 108025

Nearly assassinated the Russian President. Season 8 ended with Bauer disappearing because he was wanted by both the American and Russian governments for the killing spree.

24-GIF.gif

SnakeDoc

thanks for the recap snakedoc:)

I seriously need to rewatch season 8. I haven't seen it again, since it last aired in 2010.

There was a very empty hole in my soul when Jack said good bye to Chloe that last time. No other tv show (as great as some of those are) has been able to fill it.

Glad you are back, Jack.

Same here! Although I do love a lot of series, for me this has always been THE series!

I seriously need to rewatch season 8. I haven't seen it again, since it last aired in 2010.

Me too! To be fair, I'd stopped watching it around episode 12 of the last season because knowing it was the last one, I wanted to take my time. Then my life became very eventful and I never got to watch it, never thinking Jack would be back before I got the time to finally catch back!

Interesting Easter egg in the first episode. President's Chief of Staff reviewing Bauer's kill list ...

tumblr_n54sltdKQS1r71wero1_1280.png

... including the Drazens, Ted Cofell and Ira Gaines from Season 1. Nina Myers. Curtis Manning. Edward Vossler. Christopher Henderson.

SnakeDoc

Definitely just like old times, I enjoyed the first 2 hours of this season so far. The Boudreau character seems to have some kinda agenda of his own--but then again, this is 24, so it's hard to expect something & the show writers to give the characters a twist in the end.

It's maintained all of the iconic things, yet somehow has remained undated :) Fantastic opening two episodes. Loved the confirmed kills and CV of Bauer, giving some interesting facts on his early life and knowledge.

I'm really dying to know what Jack's been up to in the last 4 years....

Only trouble is ratings are good ( some 8 million viewers) but not exceptional (season 8 opened with 11 million viewers). As ratings usually plummet as a season goes on, I'm not sure it's going to be enough to warrant other seasons... :(

Chloe's story was actually quite sad to hear... I really liked Morris's character...

I loved that scene, shows that even after all the crap he's been through, Jack still remains human and cares for her.

Damn it I love this show!

Loving this new season so far. Jack is definitely back in a real big, boss kind of way.

Back