Check your accounts - sideshow site is having difficulty.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe they're having this much trouble with their website and customer service.

I ordered the Infinity War Black Widow on 11/21. They sent me the wrong figure (Groot). I had to send it back to them during the busy holiday season.

They then sent me a Widow that was defective. They sent me a replacement which was also defective. They said I can send it back for a refund but I'm still waiting to hear back with a shipping label. This was over the course of several months with a response every other week or so.

I've been dealing with this figure (and two other orders) for what feels like an eternity.

Meanwhile, I ordered another Black Widow from Timewalker which was perfect and shipped out the day after I ordered it, double boxed.

Man, this site update is the epitome of the old adage "If it's not broken, don't fix it". That said, my missing reward points were finally added to my total today. Only took multiple e-mails back and forth with Sideshow customer service over a span of 2 weeks. Sheesh.

I only wish there was something available that I want to order right now so I could burn them before they disappear again. :lol

I am so done with Sideshow. I had an absolutely horrible experience with them when I was out of town (they kept delivering packages to an empty house, after repeated calls to them to stop and cancel the orders. This cost me delivery to and from the empty house and they kept my deposits). Now this mess. Done. They will never see another penny from me. Sorry to rant, but they deserve it.

everything back to normal :) reward points orders ... I think yesterday they fixed everything.

I am so done with Sideshow. I had an absolutely horrible experience with them when I was out of town (they kept delivering packages to an empty house, after repeated calls to them to stop and cancel the orders. This cost me delivery to and from the empty house and they kept my deposits). Now this mess. Done. They will never see another penny from me. Sorry to rant, but they deserve it.

Welcome to the club....

Go with TimeWalker......

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Welcome to the club....

Go with TimeWalker......

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Put in my first order with TW.

SSC may have vanished archived product images or most of them. I used to search on Sideshow + product name and find the link to sold out stuff, even from years ago like the older poly diorama bases that were made. The original images and retail price were good resource.

Now I find a placeholder and maybe 3 images. Text still there. Maybe not unexpected - a lot of places will dump older files to save space - but makes more work for me. Haven't checked today tho.

Okay, I’ve just about had my fill of Sideshow. Are there any North American retailers that don’t get their inventory from Sideshow, or would I have to order Internationally?

I’m sick & tired (among other things) of hearing something’s shipped when all they did was print a damn label. When I say something shipped, that means I just dropped the damn thing off at the post office, UPS, etc. That doesn’t mean “charge you for it on Friday, mark it as shipped on Monday, actually drop it off late Tuesday and will now arrive six days later on Monday...for $23 in shipping costs, at that.”

I think yesterday they fixed everything.
Nope. Website is still messed up. Reward points still aren’t functioning properly. I’m going to give them time to fix it, but if it takes too long, I might contact CS about it.

I guess mileage may vary per user but last night IW Doctor Strange arrived intact I was billed only once despite getting 3 shipped emails & earned a $25 dollar promo code that was automatically applied to my account (i.e. I did not have to activate). I then went to my Wish List & hit the HotToys mk7 at the check-out page where my promo was easily activated & my available rewards listed where they can clearly be seen. I did this all with just the MS edge browser & did not encounter a single miss loaded page in the process.

While the new Web site roll out has been anything but smooth; as a SideShow customer I really do appreciate the new check out screen, as it is far more easier to read than the old. No more hunting around in the small text to find where I can add my promo code or rewards. Also it looks like you can apply rewards & promos on the same order. The Wish List page is also nice as it separates browsing from purchasing. Now when I have time I can flag collectables of interest & when it comes time to buy (i.e. a promo code about to expire) I can now go to my one stop shop & pick my highest priority.

Super annoying. I have 2 items on flex pay, one I made final payment amount and havent even recieved a shipping notification.

Here is the funny part to me, sideshow used to be smooth as silk for browsing, but the ordering was a huge mess.

They revamp the site and the ordering is a breeze, but the browsing sucked. Did you ever try the search feature and find 'no results' for a product on their main page? Anyway, its good to see the whole sight be pretty useless finally.

I’m still waiting for a shipping notice on an item I paid for 2 weeks ago.
Also I haven’t received any promo codes yet since the update despite having other items shipped.
Disappointing....

Back