24: Live Another Day

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished the last 3 episodes. Always entertaining, compulsive viewing.

Remind me though, what do the russians have against Jack?

I could see season 10 unfold in Russia. It would be cool to have Jack try and stop another catastrophe in Moscow, with the Russians begging him to save them after he's been detained in a gulag!

And wouldn't it be cool if the new villain was someone from Tony's past, so that he would have to be freed to help?

I know, wishful thinking...:)

Still the best show ever, it better get renewed! I was worried about the silent clock at the end too...

Man, what an incredible season, 24 makes every other show on TV seem so boring.

So what have people thought of this 12 episode format?

If the show were to continue would you be happy with that?

Excellent, a needed fresher format 24 so desperately needed. I can't wait for the 24 panel at SDCC, I hope it's regarding a new season....

CANT END LIKE THAT

Excellent, a needed fresher format 24 so desperately needed. I can't wait for the 24 panel at SDCC, I hope it's regarding a new season....

CANT END LIKE THAT

With you 100%. They have to come back for at least one more season....Jack needs to be on the loose for a day in Moscow!

Just finished the last 3 episodes. Always entertaining, compulsive viewing.

Remind me though, what do the russians have against Jack?

End of Season 8. Renee Walker murdered by a Russian assassin to cover-up Russian involvement in the Hassan assassination. Jack went on a killing spree to avenge her death. He killed the assassin, Dana Walsh (a Russian mole in CTU), the Russian Foreign Minister (with a fireplace poker) ...

DeadNovakovich.jpg

... his entire security detail, and nearly the Russian President. Season 8 ended with him going into hiding because he was wanted by both the Russian and American governments. Heller pardoned him. Russia didn't.

So what have people thought of this 12 episode format?

If the show were to continue would you be happy with that?

I liked the streamlined format. Kept it focused better. There was usually quite a bit of fluff to fill the 24-hours.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Poor Heller. Won't even be able to remember Audrey's death... or would that be a blessing in disguise? Regardless, I felt sad.

Poor Heller. Won't even be able to remember Audrey's death... or would that be a blessing in disguise? Regardless, I felt sad.

Exactly. Me too.

I thought it was a good ending, but agree that it can't end like that. The only way I can see this series ending is either Jack going back into deep hiding where no one can find him or dying.

I could see season 10 unfold in Russia. It would be cool to have Jack try and stop another catastrophe in Moscow, with the Russians begging him to save them after he's been detained in a gulag!

And wouldn't it be cool if the new villain was someone from Tony's past, so that he would have to be freed to help?

I know, wishful thinking...:)

Sounds great to me, would love for Tony to be in it again.

Thanks SnakeDoctor. Man, Jack just needs to stay away from women full stop. They all die sooner or later. And Chloe gets kidnapped and ransomed for him.

My thinking is Jack will have to die when they definitively decide that they don't want to do any more seasons. I mean they've covered every other scenario at this stage. A happy ending seems unlikely with this guy, he's like Batman, he just can't help but get involved in saving the world from terrorist threats, he'll do it till he dies.

Good point. They have already done him going into hiding and he always finds a reason to come back. Death would be the only way to end it. If it went that route, I would like to see it being some major sacrifice to stop a threat. Most likely a nuke on the white house or something. :dunno either way, 24 can't end like it did.

I didn't know they were planning to do more seasons, I had thought this was the final series finale, so I kept thinking he had C4 strapped to himself, or he was gonna pull the pin on a grenade and blow up the helicopter or something like that. :lol

It seemed to me that he handed something to Chloe when they held hands for 2 seconds before he boarded the choppa.

I didn't know they were planning to do more seasons, I had thought this was the final series finale, so I kept thinking he had C4 strapped to himself, or he was gonna pull the pin on a grenade and blow up the helicopter or something like that. :lol

They haven't announced any new seasons. There is fan speculation of an announcement at the 24 panel at SDCC.

It seemed to me that he handed something to Chloe when they held hands for 2 seconds before he boarded the choppa.

Dammit, really? Now I need to go back and rewatch that scene. :lol

Thanks SnakeDoctor. Man, Jack just needs to stay away from women full stop. They all die sooner or later. And Chloe gets kidnapped and ransomed for him.

My thinking is Jack will have to die when they definitively decide that they don't want to do any more seasons. I mean they've covered every other scenario at this stage. A happy ending seems unlikely with this guy, he's like Batman, he just can't help but get involved in saving the world from terrorist threats, he'll do it till he dies.

Heller was right to send Jack away in 6. He's necessary, but he's a goddamn calamity. Everything he touches dies.

Good point. They have already done him going into hiding and he always finds a reason to come back. Death would be the only way to end it. If it went that route, I would like to see it being some major sacrifice to stop a threat. Most likely a nuke on the white house or something. :dunno either way, 24 can't end like it did.

Seems to me, there are two ways to end it -- kill him off ... or give him a genuinely happy ending with a replacement that he trusts to do what he used to. Sort of a Dark Knight Rises type thing.

Disappearing, capturing, imprisoning, etc. don't seem final enough.

SnakeDoc

tumblr_n8s2u4feMJ1sdffexo4_400.gif

Doesn't look like he had anything in his hand. Just the awkward angle they were standing.

SnakeDoc

Back