2015 Summer Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the teaser image they posted on Facebook:

View attachment 206508

Now to speculate if it means anything. Looks like the MKIII to me... a MKIII variant, perhaps? Or just a stock "Iron Man" image to promote the event? XD

Definitely a mk 3, wonder if its the OG stealth mk 3 they showed all those years ago, except on the new mk 3 chasis. would make sense too as they need to milk that all new mold

Definitely a mk 3, wonder if its the OG stealth mk 3 they showed all those years ago, except on the new mk 3 chasis. would make sense too as they need to milk that all new mold
They could also make a Mark 2 with the Mark 3 mold, couldn't they? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Mark 2 essentially the Mark 3 without the red and gold paint job?

They could also make a Mark 2 with the Mark 3 mold, couldn't they? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Mark 2 essentially the Mark 3 without the red and gold paint job?

and added rivets yes, however the red light is a dead give away that its likely not the mk 2

edit: if youre meaning milking the mold yeah mk 2 is a no brainer

How many Armors left from IM3? I'm really looking forward to the day HT announces the last Armor from IM3! :lol :lol

So of the Mk7 helmet style HPP, we have these, bold if they parts exist to make them, italics for Shotgun derivatives-

Mark 8 (Mk7, Centurion, Striker parts)
Mark 10 (Mk7, Hammerhead, Heartbreaker, Snapper parts)
Mark 13 (Mk7, Centurion, Shotgun, WM2 parts)
Casanova (Mk7, Centurion, Heartbreaker, WM2 parts)
Tiger (Mk7, Hammerhead, Mk7, Striker parts)
Midas (Mk7) (already made)
Fiddler (Mk7, Centurion, Heartbreaker, Starboost, Striker parts)
Romeo (Nightclub, Centurion, Heartbreaker, Mk7 parts)
Southpaw (Mk7, Centurion, Snapper, Shotgun, Heartbreaker, Striker parts)

I'd say not Mark 8 as 9 is already in the works with a close release date and they're both red/gold bashes. 13 and Southpaw needs Shotgun parts but dunno if Shotgun is far enough along but its a potential. 10 and Tiger need Hammerhead, so they're out. Romeo needs Nightclub, out.

So I'd say potentials are Casanova or Fiddler, Mark 13 or Southpaw if they're ambitious with Shotgun parts. If the red in the image is part of the figure for sure, then it has to be a stealth/secret project-esque variant and not HPP.

AZYhixkl.jpg
xUA3SrAl.jpg

Last edited:
How many Armors left from IM3? I'm really looking forward to the day HT announces the last Armor from IM3! :lol :lol

Twenty left that have not been announced:

MKVIII
(Mk7, Centurion, Striker parts)

MKX
(Mk7, Hammerhead, Heartbreaker, Snapper parts)

MKXI
(Centurion, Mk7, Heartbreaker parts) [aka Jack]

MKXII
(WM2, Centurion, Mk7, Shotgun, Heartbreaker parts) [aka Disco]

MKXIII
(Mk7, Centurion, Shotgun, WM2 parts)

MKXIV
(Striker, Centurion, Mk7, Heartbreaker, Shotgun parts)

MK15 Sneaky
(one off design)

MK16 Nightclub
(one off design)

MK18 Casanova
(Mk7, Centurion, Heartbreaker, WM2 parts)

MK19 Tiger
(Mk7, Hammerhead, Mk7, Striker parts)

MK26 Gamma
(Striker parts)

MK27 Disco
(WM2, Centurion, Mk7, Shotgun parts)

MK28 Jack
(Heartbreaker, Mk7, Centurion parts)

MK29 Fiddler
(Mk7, Centurion, Heartbreaker, Starboost, Striker parts)

MK30 Blue Steel
(Centurion parts)

MK31 Piston
(Centurion , Mk7, Striker parts)

MK32 Romeo
(Nightclub, Centurion, Heartbreaker, Mk7 parts)

MK34 Southpaw
(Mk7, Centurion, Snapper, Shotgun, Heartbreaker, Striker parts)

MK37 Hammerhead
(one off design)

MK23 Shades
(Shotgun parts)

So of the Mk7 helmet style HPP, we have these, bold if they parts exist to make them, italics for Shotgun derivatives-

Mark 8 (Mk7, Centurion, Striker parts)
Mark 10 (Mk7, Hammerhead, Heartbreaker, Snapper parts)
Mark 13 (Mk7, Centurion, Shotgun, WM2 parts)
Casanova (Mk7, Centurion, Heartbreaker, WM2 parts)
Tiger (Mk7, Hammerhead, Mk7, Striker parts)
Midas (Mk7) (already made)
Fiddler (Mk7, Centurion, Heartbreaker, Starboost, Striker parts)
Romeo (Nightclub, Centurion, Heartbreaker, Mk7 parts)
Southpaw (Mk7, Centurion, Snapper, Shotgun, Heartbreaker, Striker parts)

I'd say not Mark 8 as 9 is already in the works with a close release date and they're both red/gold bashes. 13 and Southpaw needs Shotgun parts but dunno if Shotgun is far enough along but its a potential. 10 and Tiger need Hammerhead, so they're out. Romeo needs Nightclub, out.

So I'd say potentials are Casanova or Fiddler, Mark 13 or Southpaw if they're ambitious with Shotgun parts.

AZYhixk.jpg

xUA3SrA.jpg

Are you speculating these could be the exclusives? cause the teaser is clearly a mk 3

The teaser image is the Mark 3, that much is for sure. But, as Cupcake McGraw suggested earlier today, it *could* just be a stock image of Iron Man and not an actual indication that the exclusive will be a Mark 3 variant at all. Personally I think announcing a Mark 3 variant immediately after the release of the regular Mark 3 is silly, but that's just my opinion. It's really anyone's guess at this point.

The teaser image is the Mark 3, that much is for sure. But, as Cupcake McGraw suggested earlier today, it *could* just be a stock image of Iron Man and not an actual indication that the exclusive will be a Mark 3 variant at all. Personally I think announcing a Mark 3 variant immediately after the release of the regular Mark 3 is silly, but that's just my opinion. It's really anyone's guess at this point.

In response to that id say, when have they ever done that before... :dunno

every teaser has shown the actual product, and running it immediately after is the best time as they could have produced the pieces in the same production run as the standard mk 3 and just painted em once the mk 3 was done, saves trying to line up a second production time for the same molds they were just using

every teaser has shown the actual product, and running it immediately after is the best time as they could have produced the pieces in the same production run as the standard mk 3 and just painted em once the mk 3 was done, saves trying to line up a second production time for the same molds they were just using
Well...in that case, if it really does turn out to be a Mark 3 variant, then I can confidently say I'm not interested in the slightest. I only need one Mark 3 and I much prefer the pristine, screen accurate one over a battle damaged one or some goofy red-eyed variant.

Well...in that case, if it really does turn out to be a Mark 3 variant, then I can confidently say I'm not interested in the slightest. I only need one Mark 3 and I much prefer the pristine, screen accurate one over a battle damaged one or some goofy red-eyed variant.

Any shot it could be a Mark II diecast?

I agree. Running it at the same time saves costs. It actually increases the profit on both figures. They can up the production run and that divides the total cost across more figures. And factor in the mk3 const. That's the reason they did the mk3 first, as a redo of an already released figure. It lowers the risk and cost by spreading the tooling out across three unique (at least three) figures. Throw in a mk2 later. If the figure isn't a hit, at least you got a better chance making some money on a cheaper diorama piece that has a lot more potential customers at half the price, and a variant summer exclusive that has always sold when it's iron man. Good business.

As for the teaser being some stock image.. I also agree. They have never done that before, and that's a long 17 year history with hundreds of teasers.

Everyone else on here seems to be saying that it's very unlikely, but that doesn't mean you and I can't keep our fingers crossed anyway! :) I'd be perfectly happy with a diecast Mark 2.

Didn't you just say two posts ago if it was a mk3 variant you had NO interest? Mk2 is a mk3 variant (or vise versa)

Didn't you just say two posts ago if it was a mk3 variant you had NO interest? Mk2 is a mk3 variant (or vise versa)
I meant another Mark III. As in, a battle damaged one, or a secret base one with the red eyes and chest reactor like someone suggested earlier. I don't have any interest in a battle damaged one if I'm getting the regular one, and I prefer the cleaner look anyway. Nor do I have any interest in a variant with different lights, since it isn't canon. I'm not a big fan of things that were never included in the story or seen on screen.

I get what you're saying because the II and III are very similar, if not almost identical aside from the paint jobs. In a way, they're variants of each other. But, the Mark II is still a separate armor. Either way, the Mark II is the only exception to what I said two posts ago.

I meant another Mark III. As in, a battle damaged one, or a secret base one with the red eyes and chest reactor like someone suggested earlier. I don't have any interest in a battle damaged one if I'm getting the regular one, and I prefer the cleaner look anyway. Nor do I have any interest in a variant with different lights, since it isn't canon. I'm not a big fan of things that were never included in the story or seen on screen.

I get what you're saying because the II and III are very similar, if not almost identical aside from the paint jobs. In a way, they're variants of each other. But, the Mark II is still a separate armor. Either way, the Mark II is the only exception to what I said two posts ago.

Outside of a few figures (milk, silly things, stealth, the other gunmetal) most iron man releases are from the films. A variant of the mk3 doesn't mean just something like those. Midas is a variant mk7. Tank is a variant heartbreaker. Mk3 is a variant mk2. Those are just paint app ones. Then you get the mk9 that's coming with pepper...it's a variant of a few other armors. The is could be those just as likely as it is some gunmetal or milk repaint. All we can see from that photo is the upper chest portion of the mk3.

My point is, a variant using the same molds is 80-90% of most figures. Heck mk6 is more or less a variant mk4(just a few tweaks). Out of 450-500 figures hot toys has released only 1% have been some kind of creative paint on a figure not on screen. I wouldn't bet on those odds (though it's possible obviously)..as for a BD variant..I'm with you mostly. I prefer the clean look as well. But doing a BD version is not something I would complain about. Anything that can increase their profit is good for me. It means they can take risks on less known characters. It means they can grow and I get mor choice. Fine with me.

Back