2013 Hallmark Ornaments

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I so want a rancor. But damn 100 $ for 1

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

They'll be high right now since the Con has just ended. Give it time. Also, look for auctions that will end in the middle of the night. Sometimes those pay off.

I haven't done a writeup on my site yet, but here are some photos of the rancor. Luke is almost entirely devoid of detail, and the paint job on the rancor is just okay -- except for the green tail. That's really odd. It's definitely not worth paying eBay prices for it, in my opinion. I was hoping it might at least be in scale with the Jabba ornament, but C-3PO ends up being a head or two taller than Luke. :(

hallmark_rancor3.jpg

hallmark_rancor2.jpg

hallmark_rancor4.jpg

hallmark_rancor1.jpg

WTH! :panic::horror:(

Did someone mistakenly throw water on Luke's face thinking he was the Wicked Witch? :lol

Hope some more people post in hand pics.

edit - the rest of the rancor actually doesn't look that bad.

Yes, as I mentioned the rest of the rancor isn't terrible (although it's basically just been painted brown and given a dark wash -- nothing too impressive).

I retook a few of the photos since I don't think the earlier ones quite captured the way it looks in person. Luke still sucks, but he is pretty small to be fair. If this wasn't an SDCC exclusive that commands nearly triple the MSRP on ebay, I might be a bit more forgiving.

hallmark_rancor_b2.jpg

hallmark_rancor_b1.jpg

hallmark_rancor_b3.jpg

I have a friend who has a Rancor for trade, but he is looking for a 2011 NYCC Exclusive R2-Q5 and R2-A3 ornament for sale or trade? I am looking for a friend. He is looking to spend $50 for it, but he would prefer to find someone to trade out with him. He has for trade the K-3PO, Zuckuss, Dengar and Rancor SDCC exclusive ornaments as well as the Panda Boba CVI exclusive Hallmark Ornaments.

please pm me if you can help.

usually the Hallmark ornaments, especially Star Wars, are top notch. This looks....bleh. Almost like a first time sculptor sculpted it.

I have a friend who has a Rancor for trade, but he is looking for a 2011 NYCC Exclusive R2-Q5 and R2-A3 ornament for sale or trade? I am looking for a friend. He is looking to spend $50 for it, but he would prefer to find someone to trade out with him. He has for trade the K-3PO, Zuckuss, Dengar and Rancor SDCC exclusive ornaments as well as the Panda Boba CVI exclusive Hallmark Ornaments.

please pm me if you can help.

Damn! I never knew they sold ornaments at the NYCC! :monkey2

::goodpost:

Is Hallmark like racist when it comes to LANDO or MACE WINDU, I mean these are essential characters to the Star Wars Universe. Where is the Hallmark X-mas ornaments for these characters? I only found one ornament for Lando & it wasn't much to look at. Jar-Jar has at least two ornaments out: is Hallmark like saying Jar-Jar is more popular than Mace Windu or Lando?

Where is the black love from Hallmark?:thud:

They did make them. You just can't see them on the tree:)

Is Hallmark like racist when it comes to LANDO or MACE WINDU, I mean these are essential characters to the Star Wars Universe. Where is the Hallmark X-mas ornaments for these characters? I only found one ornament for Lando & it wasn't much to look at. Jar-Jar has at least two ornaments out: is Hallmark like saying Jar-Jar is more popular than Mace Windu or Lando?

Unless I'm mistaken, there have not been two Jar Jar ornaments, only one. Either way, he's a bad example, since Ahmed Best is also African American.

I'd also argue that the Lando ornament they made was quite nice, and well done.

Back