2013 Hallmark Ornaments

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scale doesn't bother me as far as the paintwork, it's the price, Jabba should be like $15 with quality like that.

Strangely, I've had my Jabba for a week or so. A bit of a disappointment to be honest.

Not sure what happened, but my ornament looks nothing like that, and neither did the ones I looked at in stores.
You should exchange it.

I guess you better go to Comic Con. :lol

:exactly::goodpost::lol

Wow, for as much as Jabba costs, that's some sloppy paint work, I might pass now, like you mention, I've had a Star Wars tree for years and really looked forward to Jabba but money for this stuff is tight now and he just doesn't seem worth his price. I can't see the vid right now, are the sounds real audio from Jedi or Hallmark recordings?

It's from the movie, and definitely check it out in person! It's well done for the size/scale, and the ones I saw looked great.

It's a bummer that the Rancor is a SDCC exclusive. It's the best one.

Definite bummer. :(

The ewoks are very well done this year, though, so check those out (if you like ewoks that is :lol).
The best SW release this year, imo.

Yeah, Hallmark sucks with exclusives, they don't get the idea of making them the neat thing die hards would want and enjoy but casual fans could live without, who wouldn't want a Rancor to go with Jabba and Boushh.

Yeah I hope this isn't a hint of things to come.
I liked it better when the con exclusives were things I could pass on.

This one will be a tough decision.

Yeah I hope this isn't a hint of things to come.
I liked it better when the con exclusives were things I could pass on.

This one will be a tough decision.

Almost all of Hallmark's exclusives have been things collectors would really want, it's like they don't get how to do the con exclusives. One time was like this pink trooper for charity, that was perfect, not mainstream characters.

Almost all of Hallmark's exclusives have been things collectors would really want, it's like they don't get how to do the con exclusives. One time was like this pink trooper for charity, that was perfect, not mainstream characters.

Yeah....first year we've seen them do this with a mainstream piece, so hopefully people write in and voice their concern.
I know I'm going to.

Just some other thoughts....

--USS Kelvin may be the best all-around ornament out there this year. Very detailed and well worth the price! I only wish it had sound.

--Hogwarts looked nice as well, but I passed on that one. May be worth it for HP fans...iconic detailed image with music from the soundtrack and all.

--The kid wanted KITT, so we got that one for him (yeah, that's the story :lol). I have to say, they did a great job with the lights in front. Very impressed! :clap

--They had all the Peanuts monthly ornaments on display. I was going to pass on this line, but seeing them in person changed that decision quickly. :lol

--My sentimental fav this year goes to -- Kermit. Must have for the Muppet inside you. :lol

Not sure what happened, but my ornament looks nothing like that, and neither did the ones I looked at in stores.
You should exchange it.

Which part looks different on yours? I don't have any easy way of exchanging mine since we don't have any Hallmark stores in the area, which is what forced me to get it on eBay.

Which part looks different on yours? I don't have any easy way of exchanging mine since we don't have any Hallmark stores in the area, which is what forced me to get it on eBay.

man, that sucks. :(
i'll volunteer my services if you need a new one, icruise.

definitely 3PO (my 3PO mold/paint looks great), but even the painting on jabba and his throne looks a little off (could be a combo of the photo and my screen, though).

not to make you worry, but do you think it was a prototype or discarded production piece you got?
hopefully others can chime in with their experience on this piece.

Yeah, it's hard to know, but I think I'll just be keeping it, since C-3PO's face paint looks a lot less terrible when seen at normal size. If it wasn't so expensive, I would get another one and try repainting it though. Do these ever go on clearance?

I think the ornaments go on clearance, the trouble is by that point, the popular ones are long gone.

Yeah, it's hard to know, but I think I'll just be keeping it, since C-3PO's face paint looks a lot less terrible when seen at normal size. If it wasn't so expensive, I would get another one and try repainting it though. Do these ever go on clearance?

If u change your mind let me know.

Yeah, agree with MaulFan. It's a crap shoot on what will be left, but there are good ones you can get for 50-75% off.

There is one store I can try I've had luck with.
Send me a reminder shortly before Christmas and I can check on the 26th.

I managed to get to a Hallmark today. Picked up the AT-ST, Jabba, and Boushh. The only ones I really anted.

Any photos of the Rancor ornament unboxed? Just curious to see how the paint-apps turned out considering the Jabba ornament was a bit sloppy. Thanks!

Wrath-of-Rancor-QMP4081_0.jpg

Sam got me all 3 of the exclusive ornaments at the Con. I doubt I'll keep the Superman one though.

Back