$20 Cancellation Fee Sucks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well cancellation fees are their policy, if you don't like it then don't pre-order stuff you may not pay for.

Yeah because it's easy to know what's going to happen in a few months right? Yes companies have certain rules they go by but sometimes they will help if it's a tough situation. Sometimes credit card companies help you out even if you agreed to pay what you owe.

It really sucks that I've had to cancel 3 figures recently due to my wife unfortunately getting laid off from her job, but it sucks even more that I'm going to have to pay $20 cancellation fees for all of them! I find it a bit unfair, especially considering that my flex payments hadn't started on any of them.

I can understand having deposits on certain figures, but none of these figures had deposits. Seriously, you have an automated system, why couldn't I cancel with no punishment? It didn't make any more work for you, at least not $60 worth of work! $60 is a lot of money to me right now, and to get nothing out of it really pisses me off and makes me want to never do business with you again.

$60 down the drain. Thanks Sideshow. :pfft:

What are you cancelling? Maybe someone would love to have what you ordered and you could work something out with them.

Haha, you guys are hilarious. I'm not asking for empathy or sympathy or anything from you.

My wife was laid off, we're short on cash, and the $20 cancellation fee hurts when the entire reason I'm canceling is because things are tight. If I was canceling for any other reason then I wouldn't worry about the fees.

Sure I respect contracts, and I understand that I agreed when I placed my order, however, I had no idea that 40% of my household income was about to be taken away from me. That was our expendable cash, and it's not there anymore. So, sure, it's my fault and I understand if I have to pay the fees, all I'm doing is venting and saying that it sucks.

I don't want or care for your sympathy/empathy, want I really want is the damn figures that I can no longer afford!

yup, like someon asked, , wat wer u ordering,, if someone else wanted those, u could make a deal with them , take the money from them ,pay for it.. not lose ur money as well as reward points,

No, I already cancelled before checking here. The figures were Classic Predator, Keaton Bats, and Nicholson Joker... Makes me sick to think about...

:monkey2:monkey4:(

Same here. I wasn't talking about our sympathy for you, just the idea of Sideshow taking an empathetic position when it came to cancellation fees. I agree it sucks and I'm sorry to hear.

It's just that if money is tight right now, you may have been better off not cancelling until later, when there was the chance you were in a better position to handle the $60 loss (assuming there was no other choice).

If money was tight, I would have kept the orders and flipped them on ebay. Never cancel something that is flipable.

Flexpay is stupid, IMO for smaller priced items. Never use it. Spreading $120 over 3 payments might as well just pay it all at once. For a car or a house payments are ok. Everything else I either got the money all at once or I don't.

Flex Pay is dumb? :lol Its great! It allows people to spread payments so they can have a little fun in their lives.

Flex Pay is dumb? :lol Its great! It allows people to spread payments so they can have a little fun in their lives.

Until ____ like this happens and you're out real money. :lol

Think of it this way: if you order 3 $200 items on flex pay...that's 3 $200 payments you have to make.

You could have just ordered all 3 and made 1:1 payments and pay each one off individually anyway.

Also, if you are dipping into a savings account to pay for them anyway, why would you need to flexpay it? The risk of the cancellation fee doesn't make sense in that respect if you have all the cash sitting around.

Flexpay ONLY makes sense if you don't have a savings account. If you don't have a savings account, god help you wasting money on toys.

I like flex pay. Then instead of having a lump sum due at time of shipping, I've paid it off in smaller amounts over 3 months. Works better for my budget. These are also items that are over $200.

Back