$20 Cancellation Fee Sucks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please PM me your order numbers and contact info. I may be able to assist you. In the future please contact us directly so that we may assist you when the concern arises.

best,
C

It really sucks that I've had to cancel 3 figures recently due to my wife unfortunately getting laid off from her job, but it sucks even more that I'm going to have to pay $20 cancellation fees for all of them! I find it a bit unfair, especially considering that my flex payments hadn't started on any of them.

I can understand having deposits on certain figures, but none of these figures had deposits. Seriously, you have an automated system, why couldn't I cancel with no punishment? It didn't make any more work for you, at least not $60 worth of work! $60 is a lot of money to me right now, and to get nothing out of it really pisses me off and makes me want to never do business with you again.

$60 down the drain. Thanks Sideshow. :pfft:

Not that it matters anymore at this point, but . . .

Would it have been more productive to call or e-mail Sideshow Customer Service to inquire if there is an alternative PRIOR to taking they suck approach/response?

Of course, not that everyone necessarily would be cognizant or receptive to such an approach.

Hi,

hope somebody can help me out here. I am thinking about canceling a pre-ordered Flex-Pay item with a NRD. The first payment was already allocated and it's a few days before the second payment. How much would be the cancellation fee?

I found the following in the help desk section but don't know if I understand it right.

Payment plans with Non-refundable Deposits (NRD)
If an item requires a non-refundable deposit combined with a payment plan, then the NRD will take the place of the cancellation fee schedule listed above.

When canceling the item, is the already paid NRD the cancellation fee or do I have to pay the NRD + a 2nd NRD ("NRD will take the place of the cancellation fee")?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

hope somebody can help me out here. I am thinking about canceling a pre-ordered Flex-Pay item with a NRD. The first payment was already allocated and it's a few days before the second payment. How much would be the cancellation fee?

I found the following in the help desk section but don't know if I understand it right.

When canceling the item, is the already paid NRD the cancellation fee or do I have to pay the NRD + a 2nd NRD ("NRD will take the place of the cancellation fee")?

Thanks for your help!

"FLEXPAY ITEM CANCELLATION FEES
Due to the increased administrative costs of the Flex Pay option, Sideshow will charge Flex Pay customers a cancellation fee when a flex pay order is canceled by the customer or by Sideshow (due to a credit card decline, incomplete shipping info, etc.).

Fee chart
The fee will be $20.00 for cancellations occurring 48 hours after order placement up until the first payment date, $40.00 for cancellations occurring after the first payment and before the second payment date, and $60.00 for cancellations occurring after the second payment and before the third payment date. (The fees are based on a average three payment plan of $199 or more, but fees may increase with number of payments.) If the item’s cost is less then $199, the cancellation fees will be reduced in proportion to the item’s SRP.
If an item requires a non-refundable deposit combined with a payment plan, then the NRD will take the place of the cancellation fee schedule listed above.

When fees are charged
The cancellation fee will be charged directly to the customer’s credit card within five business days after the order cancellation.

Card disputes /charge backs
By choosing the Flex Pay option when placing your order, you will be agreeing to pay any applicable cancellation fee. This is clearly noted on the item’s ordering page as well as during check out. We strongly suggest that you read the terms before agreeing to the contract. Non-payment of cancellation fees will result in the suspension of your online account until any outstanding cancellation fees are paid in full. Credit card companies submitting charge back disputes on behalf of a Flex Pay collector, will be given a copy of the legal agreement that they entered into, resulting in a dismissal of the dispute. All accounts that have submitted charge backs are temporarily disabled, in order to avoid further billing and shipping issues, while charge disputes are being resolved."

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=29

Thanks Webb,
but I already quoted a part of it above so I am still aware of the help section.

Can somebody explain me the following part? Does it mean I have to pay the NRD instead of the 40$ cancellation fee? So it's the normal NRD and the NRD which replaces the cancellation fee? Or do I have to pay the NRD for canceling once?

Thanks Webb,
but I already quoted a part of it above so I am still aware of the help section.

Can somebody explain me the following part? Does it mean I have to pay the NRD instead of the 40$ cancellation fee? So it's the normal NRD and the NRD which replaces the cancellation fee? Or do I have to pay the NRD for canceling once?

picture.php

If you have questions about this, dont ask other people that cant give you a definite answer..call Sideshow Directly...I am not sure why this is a new concept to people.

It really sucks that I've had to cancel 3 figures recently due to my wife unfortunately getting laid off from her job, but it sucks even more that I'm going to have to pay $20 cancellation fees for all of them! I find it a bit unfair.

Tell her she owes you $60 now.:lecture

My $.02 worth . . .

1. I use FLEXPAY on all of my preorders with Sideshow? Why? It allows me to budget. Before I commit to FLEXPAY, I am well aware of the terms & conditions. So far, I've never had the necessity to cancel a FLEXPY item. If the necessity ever happens, then I am aware of the ramifications, because I agreed to the terms & conditions of FLEXPAY. Of course, based on the circumstances I will very likely contact Sideshow Customer Service by e-mail or phone and politely/respectfully inquire if a one-time courtesy adjustment can be made. There is no harm in politely/respectfully inquiring and the worse Sideshow Customer Service can say is NO.

I know I'm a bit late in responding here, but I found your post very spot on and accurate. However, one thing I don't get, is how FLEXPAY allows you to budget. Just as an example, let's say there's a $300 figure shipping in April. You can either:

(1) Flex pay $100 each in February, March, and April; or

(2) Pay $300 in April after saving up the prior two months.

Since the latter option is the more flexible and does not come with all the possible cancellation fees, not sure why anyone would choose Flexpay. That is, unless some literally did not have the funds and was wanting to buy now with say a debit car or maxed out credit card. Of course in that scenario, possible re-evaluating the needs of a particular purchase might be in order. I don't mean to be ____ about it, just not sure how FLEXPAY really helps the customer. I'd rather keep my money longer.

I know I'm a bit late in responding here, but I found your post very spot on and accurate. However, one thing I don't get, is how FLEXPAY allows you to budget. Just as an example, let's say there's a $300 figure shipping in April. You can either:

Since the latter option is the more flexible and does not come with all the possible cancellation fees, not sure why anyone would choose Flexpay. That is, unless some literally did not have the funds and was wanting to buy now with say a debit car or maxed out credit card. Of course in that scenario, possible re-evaluating the needs of a particular purchase might be in order. I don't mean to be ____ about it, just not sure how FLEXPAY really helps the customer. I'd rather keep my money longer.

Maybe because some of us don't cancel left, right and center.

I flex because plain and simple Im to greedy to hand over the full amount for a dolly:nana: Using flex it slips under the radar and I convince myself I haven't dropped down £200 + smackers on it.:lol

Well if it was not for Flexi pay I would not buy half of the statues I have
As £100.00 per month for 3 months for 2 statues is great and i would
hate handing £500.00 over in full.

Also a lot of people just don't have the money so it is ideal.

Also the cancelation fees are very justifiable as don't forget
when you order a statue sideshow will have to pay for materials and what not and when you cancel they are left with extra statues.

So i choose very wisely so there is no need to cancel.

Until ____ like this happens and you're out real money. :lol

Think of it this way: if you order 3 $200 items on flex pay...that's 3 $200 payments you have to make.

You could have just ordered all 3 and made 1:1 payments and pay each one off individually anyway.

Also, if you are dipping into a savings account to pay for them anyway, why would you need to flexpay it? The risk of the cancellation fee doesn't make sense in that respect if you have all the cash sitting around.

Flexpay ONLY makes sense if you don't have a savings account. If you don't have a savings account, god help you wasting money on toys.

I used flex pay all the time, only by the time they go to charge me for the 1st payment I pay it off and say ship it. This way I can order a number of items, pay the lower cost. If I have extra a call goes in and its ship.

Getting a loan to pay for anything from SS is something I will never do. I did cancel on item and they did try to charge me a fee. They could not being it was push back. There for I/you could cancel it without a fee.

I have been reading the boards for a bit to see many and I do mean many people ordering and canceling a item later on. That is why the fee is in place. There are ways to get around the fee's.

Well if it was not for Flexi pay I would not buy half of the statues I have
As £100.00 per month for 3 months for 2 statues is great and i would
hate handing £500.00 over in full.

Also a lot of people just don't have the money so it is ideal.

Also the cancelation fees are very justifiable as don't forget
when you order a statue sideshow will have to pay for materials and what not and when you cancel they are left with extra statues

So i choose very wisely so there is no need to cancel.

I don't agree, a lot of the time they had set ES already, they also have a WL for a reason. Its just less hassle for them which I understand and an inconvenience.

I am sorry for anyone that has problems, unexpected or otherwise, but a cancel fee in this situation is fair

As someone that buys SW items it burns me to see it sold out, backorder, and waitlist. So I move onto something else. Then to see some (not all) of those people canceled their item. Where I would have paid for it.

SS had to put this in place for this. The only way to get out of not paying a fee is asking (not canceling to many items helps) or if a item is push back. Calif law will not let SS charge you a fee for this (they did not fill their end, its a out).

No matter what, if you think you cannot pay for it. Do not order it.

Perhaps a little late to this thread. But, in my experience, it's best to call Sideshow if you need to cancel multiple items on flex pay. If you explain your situation (financial or otherwise), they can at least reduce the amount of fees that you'll have to pay. It's not a guarantee that it will always work, but hey, it's better to try than to loose $60 or more on items that you don't want anymore.

I have a suggestion for Sideshow:

How about converting the cancellation fees to Sideshow account credit?

This would allow us loyal customers to cancel when these situations arise and still apply toward future purchases, but would discourage random speculators and less serious shoppers who may never actually buy anything?

Even a long-time customer will get a sour taste in their mouth having to pay for nothing, but knowing that the money is in your account for later eases the discontent.

Back