12" Padme Head Sculpt Previewed in Latest Podcast!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fritz-yup, I watched Buffy! my brother is a BIG fan, and I would certainly call myself a fan too. Maybe a tad bit more into the Angel series...and even more into Firefly. :D

thanks for the comments on the work guys!
Trev

Josh, I'm sorry you interpret my posts so negatively, because that is not the way they are intended at all. I think Trevor knows this and I hope Andy does too.

EVILFACE said:
It's like buying a new car and showing your friend and the first thing out of their mouths is "there's a chip in the paint right there"

I guess some think they are special if they point out flaws no one else cares about.

Because Evilface has me on ignore, I will just say that if he thinks that's the way I feel, then he doesn't get me at all.

JustinLuck said:
Josh, I'm sorry you interpret my posts so negatively, because that is not the way they are intended at all. I think Trevor knows this and I hope Andy does too.

I'm sure you mean good Justin. I really do. I see a lot of the same things you point out but some of them are so minor I don't want to waste my time/enjoyment worrying about them. I honestly think you just need to enjoy things a tad more and don't sweat some of the small stuff. :duff

Man, every time I see this bust, I just keep finding more amazing detail! From the numerous folds in her clothing, to the overhang of her shoulder armor, to the minute contours of her ear, everything looks so damn realistic! :google

base_02.jpg

And for any Angelina fans, you have GOT to see this mixed media painting done by Trevor! :monkey5

https://www.rasterized.org/artwork/740.html

I don't mind reading Justin's criticisms, if you don't want to read them just ignore his post. But I do mind reading people making more out of it then it is, gang up on the guy, and jump down the guy's throat. I feel I hear more backlash against complainers here then actual complaints, and that's getting tiresome.

(Sorry I don't have pictures, I don't own a camera. I've also got to sculpt some ears on her, and find some Hydro Shrink for shrinking the head 10% :eek: Then I have to start casting which I've never done before and see it painted to know how accurate it is :duh)

screamingmetal said:
I don't mind reading Justin's criticisms, if you don't want to read them just ignore his post. But I do mind reading people making more out of it then it is, gang up on the guy, and jump down the guy's throat. I feel I hear more backlash against complainers here then actual complaints, and that's getting tiresome.

I couldn't have said it better myself. It's getting even nastier over in the Maul/Probe Droid ES thread. Personally, I find the ganging up, nasty, screaming replies to be much less enjoyable than reading criticisms. People are just being downright b**chy in their "crackdown" on people who bring up criticisms.

I'll be honest...if I was a newbie to the site, I'd be downright uncomfortable posting in some of these threads.

And I doubt that's what the majority of us here want to see happening.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
I couldn't have said it better myself. It's getting even nastier over in the Maul/Probe Droid ES thread. Personally, I find the ganging up, nasty, screaming replies to be much less enjoyable than reading criticisms. People are just being downright b**chy in their "crackdown" on people who bring up criticisms.

I'll be honest...if I was a newbie to the site, I'd be downright uncomfortable posting in some of these threads.

And I doubt that's what the majority of us here want to see happening.

The only reason it got nastier in the Maul thread was someone wanted to take something personal that wasn't meant that way. The reason folks get *****y is they get tired of all the criticisms mainly because of the nit picks that could be left out of the discussions. Not that it's the end of the world by any mean

I want newbies to feel welcomed as well. I really like a lot of the new folks we've gotten over the last year or so. I want them to feel welcomed.

jlcmsu said:
The only reason it got nastier in the Maul thread was someone wanted to take something personal that wasn't meant that way. The reason folks get *****y is they get tired of all the criticisms mainly because of the nit picks that could be left out of the discussions. Not that it's the end of the world by any mean

I want newbies to feel welcomed as well. I really like a lot of the new folks we've gotten over the last year or so. I want them to feel welcomed.

Then we should let bygones be bygones already. I've been reading these threads, and the majority of the crap that's going could've been avoided if people who stated an opinion respectfully (even if others didn't agree or were tired of it) were allowed to speak their peace without other members jumping on it.

As for members who weren't so respectful, just call them out on it once and then let it go instead of all the constant "getting the last word in" that's going on.

That's really the only way out of this f'd-up carousel.

While as a rule of thumb religion and politics should be avoided in online forums I think we can all agree Trevor has sold his soul to the devil at an early age:lol
Such talent at an early age my-my. I dont think youll be working at Starbucks to much longer if you still do....
All the sculpts posted are uncanny likeness' of their respective counterparts.
Wonderful craftsmanship.
Trevor, drop me line if youve got time.
Thanks.

Spartan Rex said:
While as a rule of thumb religion and politics should be avoided in online forums I think we can all agree Trevor has sold his soul to the devil at an early age:lol
Such talent at an early age my-my. I dont think youll be working at Starbucks to much longer if you still do....
All the sculpts posted are uncanny likeness' of their respective counterparts.
Wonderful craftsmanship.
Trevor, drop me line if youve got time.
Thanks.

:lol :lol :lol :monkey5

personally i think it's a great. the afore mentioned 'puffy-ness' is part of the left hand side of Ms. Portman's smile with the lighting on the sculpt only exaggerating it. you can really see it here

padmedark5meo3.jpg

who else will puchase more than 2 of this figure?? I'm planning on getting at least 3 or 4 to customize :chew

TOE said:
who else will puchase more than 2 of this figure?? I'm planning on getting at least 3 or 4 to customize :chew

I'll get one striaght up from Sideshow - more if I can pick them up a bit cheaper on the secondary market - particularly to swap out the high-end Hasbro Padmes

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?p=1933

As promised, and for the first time ever, you are getting a look behind the scenes at development for an upcoming Sideshow figure! Ilum Padme was the winner of our Star WarsEU character poll, and we’re pleased to report that she’s coming along nicely. If you click the image below, you’ll be able to view a video with a full rotation of the Natalie Portman likeness! Sculptor Trevor Grove seemed to enjoy working on the Padme portrait, as evidenced by the quality of the sculpture. Under the guidance of Creative Director Tom Gilliland, VP of 3D and Design Mat Falls, and 3D Production Manager Heath Hammond, all of Padme’s elements are fully underway and looking great, and we can’t wait to show you every piece!

Stay tuned to the Production Blog for more news and updates on Ilum Padme, and get ready for the next 12-inch Star Wars announcement. Rumor has it that there may be a new Jedi on the horizon…

Back