12" Padme Head Sculpt Previewed in Latest Podcast!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I'd kill you all for a 1/6 Sky Captain Angelina Jolie.

Every. Single. One. Of. You.

:chew :emperor :chew :emperor :chew :emperor :chew :emperor

There's room for all types of posters - with the right balance of "glass half fullers" and "glass half emptiers" there will at least be plenty of discussion.

And Trev, I can't imagine how she could be better, but it's too bad you didn't have time to tweak it as much as you'd like.

Danny DeVito said it about movies, but it's probably true of any art that is put out there for consumers - "movies are never finished, just abandoned."

Trevolver said:
I wish I had some mroe personal pieces to share! unfortunately all I have is older work. I need to get my Angelina Jolie sky captain piece cast up. (I had a big annoying ordeal with the caster I hired for that, so it still isn't in resin)

I imagine you'll get to see more from me soon enough. I'm happy you're enjoying what you've seen so far. that really makes it all the more gratifying for me.

Trev

Terrific job on your sculpt Trev! Terrific! I am VERY impressed!

And, by the way, I too would kill for a good Angelina Jolie head! I made a Frankie Cook custom figure some time back, but without a more accurate head. (see here at my site: https://figuremasterles.tripod.com/id22.html ) So, I would love to be able to upgrade...:D

But, anyway, your Padme is amazing. Perfect job. Perfect. Keep on rockin' !

Shai Hulud said:
Gotta agree with Josh & Evil here,

A year ago, people here, were accusing Josh of being to much a Sideshow fanboy in everyone of his posts.But he always had some arguments to support why the figure was good.

These days,its the opposite,Some posters here always gotta find the negative in every new figures.Its like we can predict the post of the guy without even reading it.Man, is your life that bad ??? I wouldnt want to be you.

For some people who dont frequent the board on a regular basis this might be unimportant or even unoticeable,but for regular posters here,and I mean the people that come here everyday,its getting frustrating to read those posts.

Dont get me wrong, I've sh@t on some of Sideshow 's product in the past( For ex. Modern KURGAN sculpt is total crap),but to find something wrong in every godamn sculpt there is, is kinda moronic.

Those guys sometimes sounds like they could do better than those artists or that they have a Master degree in sculpting human likeness.

Thank you Shai for pretty much summing up my feelings perfectly.

Fritz said:
I thought that was everyday? ;) :p :D

:lol :lol

Seriously though I know my fanboy level can wear on folks because I choose to look at what I like about a figure instead of what I don't. I really have never had an issue with people talking about what they don't like. I mean if I did I'd have 45-50k posts here because there are a lot of posts I ignore. I simply respond to folks like Justin who want to point out every little thing with ever figure or if someone really goes nutty on something sucking. I try not to be an *******.

Josh, Evil and Shai Hulud: All valid points, thanks.

I can see if someone is pissing on the parade everyday that can get really old really fast. I haven't seen all of Justin's posts, but most of them seem to have rational observations.

To me it just appeared that a lot of people were ganging up on him unfairly, but it seems there are valid points on both sides.

I feel like reciting the words from a Bert Bacarack song -- :love -- but I won't.:rock2

here's my sky captain stuff...cut my teeth with these...both took a LONG time, mostly because I was learning how to sculpt along the way so I constantly tweaked them. plus castiline is hard to cleanup.... Jude Law is 1/4 scale and Angelina Jolie is 1/6...actually smaller than Sideshow 1/6

I had planned to release the Angelina Jolie as a GK but, as I believe I mentioned, I had put it into the hands of someone I shouldn't have....I was able to get most of the molds out of the whole thing, so I just need to hire someone to pour me up a resin hard copy.

so there you have it! the old stuff I post on every board. hahah!thanks guys
Trev
skycap_01.jpg

skycap_04.jpg

base_01.jpg

base_02.jpg

franky_stereo.jpg

Trevolver said:
here's my sky captain stuff...cut my teeth with these...both took a LONG time, mostly because I was learning how to sculpt along the way so I constantly tweaked them. plus castiline is hard to cleanup.... Jude Law is 1/4 scale and Angelina Jolie is 1/6...actually smaller than Sideshow 1/6

I had planned to release the Angelina Jolie as a GK but, as I believe I mentioned, I had put it into the hands of someone I shouldn't have....I was able to get most of the molds out of the whole thing, so I just need to hire someone to pour me up a resin hard copy.

Trev
skycap_01.jpg

skycap_04.jpg

base_01.jpg

base_02.jpg

franky_stereo.jpg

Dude, those TOTALLY rock. Be nice if Sideshow had this 12-inch license.

Very nice indeed Trevor!!

Mortar Conn said:
Josh, Evil and Shai Hulud: All valid points, thanks.

I can see if someone is pissing on the parade everyday that can get really old really fast. I haven't seen all of Justin's posts, but most of them seem to have rational observations.

To me it just appeared that a lot of people were ganging up on him unfairly, but it seems there are valid points on both sides.

I feel like reciting the words from a Bert Bacarack song -- :love -- but I won't.:rock2

It's all good. I'm sure Justin means well but basically he does the pissing on the parade thing pretty much with every figure. By now it's just gotten real old.

I could post a long reply, but I'm not going to.

JustinLuck said:
The only thing I would fix is the upper contour on the left side (our right side) of her upper lip. Looks like a collagen injection. If it can be smoothed down to match her right side, then her lips will be perfect.

Everything else about her is dead on. Very well done!

I guess some people choose not to read the second part.

Anyone is free to view my posting history by clicking here:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/search.php?searchid=131583

Trevolver said:

Trev
skycap_01.jpg

skycap_04.jpg

base_01.jpg

base_02.jpg

franky_stereo.jpg

Amazing! If you ever do a Garage Kit, you have a customer right here!

JustinLuck said:
I could post a long reply, but I'm not going to.

I guess some people choose not to read the second part.

Anyone is free to view my posting history by clicking here:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/search.php?searchid=131583

If you got something to say. Then say it. Yeah, great you complimented it after you said something wasn't right and toss that on top of all your other helpful tips things just start to get old.

Eh, I think Justin's overly critical too, but so what? He buys the figures same as we do. He's paid for his right to say what he thinks, and he's polite about it. He's not making idle criticisms of things he has no intention of buying, nor trolling or making ignorant remarks. He may never be satisfied until Sideshow develops a technique for cloning living miniature versions of the actors, then euthanize these clones, stuffs them, put them in exact replicas of the costumes, with working blasters and lightsabers, but the guy still buys the figures.

All the people who post frequently on this board have their annoying quirks, if we're going to start calling them out we might as well just put aside any discussion of the figures at all and start throwing rocks at all the glass houses. As an alternative to this, I skip over the posts of people who annoy me.

Incidentally both those sculpts(Natalie and Angelina) are amazing. I so wish someone had made Sky Captain figures.

Trevor, thanks for showing the Sky Captain pieces, they are superb. :bow

You are obviously extremely talented and I cannot wait to see what all you will create for sideshow.

Nothing wrong with having a opinion, it's the greatest thing in the world. It's just how it's expressed and how often.

It's like buying a new car and showing your friend and the first thing out of their mouths is "there's a chip in the paint right there"

I guess some think they are special if they point out flaws no one else cares about.

Trevolver said:
here's my sky captain stuff...cut my teeth with these...both took a LONG time, mostly because I was learning how to sculpt along the way so I constantly tweaked them...

Thanks for posting the pics. You cut your teeth with these!?!? I guess that's what you call "Natural Talent". It seems to me you don't have difficulty with human likenesses like some others. :bow :rock

You don't happen to watch Buffy do you? :D

Back