12" Maul Shipping Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hurricane said:
they are Frank Thomas motorcycle boots,They are the Titan Touring boots Gore 101 and were produced in Italy until 1997. ...heres the ones i scratch made,some dragon german soldier boots ,shortened with leatherette piecs overlayed and thin electrical wire as the piping,fuse wire for the buckly bits
maulboot.jpg

Hurricane, those boots look amazing!
How about casting us some?:D

Khev said:
Just got the same message and my card doesn't expire until 2010.
Yeah I got two of this email. I went to my account and it said that they accidentally sent these out, it's a glitch.

I called Sideshow just a few minutes ago to ask about delaying charging my card for a few days on Darth Maul, and I was told that they already pre-authorized my card this morning.
Which is great, first they send the damn alert email that they will begin charging cards late yesterday at about the time they were closing, then they start pre-auth the very next chance they get.
Nice way for them to give us a notice so we can do something if we need to. :rolleyes
Needless to say, they will delay actually charging my card for me. When I get Maul won't be as important as actually getting him. If I had no delay, I could never afford him. (I may be pissy because the operator wasn't much help, she sounded like she had something better to do.)

So it sounds like they'll start sending Maul out very soon.

King Darkness said:
Jason part 3!

Yes he does - he can't move his neck. The hands I can deal with, but the lack of neck mobility hurts him. Still one of the best Jasons though. Patient Zero beats him :D

I don't think Maul has monkey arms. My brother has increadibly long arms though so maybe I'm just used to seeing him. :lol

Buttmunch said:
Yes he does - he can't move his neck. The hands I can deal with, but the lack of neck mobility hurts him.

I guess its just a matter of opinion:D

King Darkness said:
I guess its just a matter of opinion:D

True. I'd rather have slightly longer arms though than no neck movement. Like a said, I can deal with the lack of wrist joint because of the cool sculpted hands + forearms.

Buttmunch said:
True. I'd rather have slightly longer arms though than no neck movement. Like a said, I can deal with the lack of wrist joint because of the cool sculpted hands + forearms.

We could go back and forth all day on the perfectness/shortcomings of Jason part 3. So for arguments sake, lets just say I'm right:D

KamenGuyver said:
from HSH member CCHERIC

312929310_28ca42e086_o.jpg

Images are thankfully showing the strengths of the figure...the great sculpt, the fine costume, the great paint apps....

...the only thing about these black-on-white background shots that's getting me is as I look at 'em, I'm hearing eurotrash dance music and Heidi from "Project Runway" saying, "Your shoulders are too poofy and your cape looks like a garbage sack. You're out....you may leave the runway."

All kidding aside...the figure looks great and once the outfit is adjusted, it'll really look good....

And I have no problem with the boots either, he wore bulky biker boots for godsakes, they are film-accurate, get used to it. :D

Maul looks like the best SW figure yet, hands down. If he truly arrives to me looking like that I'll be ecstatic.

Anyone out there nitpicking this figure apart needs to just let it go and that's coming from a supreme nitpicker.

Poggle the Greater said:
Anyone out there nitpicking this figure apart needs to just let it go and that's coming from a supreme nitpicker.
No kidding! And I agree with the first part of that sentence too. :monkey1

Poggle the Greater said:

He likes it... He really likes it! :D

I'm with you guys; this is far better than I was expecting. Just about a perfect Maul.

I think Michael Crawford might finally have his 4 star SS SW figure.

:maul

Poggle the Greater said:
Maul looks like the best SW figure yet, hands down. If he truly arrives to me looking like that I'll be ecstatic.

That's right!!

KNEEL BEFORE POG!!!!

couldn't help it... :D

hurricane said:
they are Frank Thomas motorcycle boots,They are the Titan Touring boots Gore 101 and were produced in Italy until 1997. ...heres the ones i scratch made,some dragon german soldier boots ,shortened with leatherette piecs overlayed and thin electrical wire as the piping,fuse wire for the buckly bits
maulboot.jpg

Hurricane, those are extremely well done. For a second there, I mistook them for life-size leather boots. People will probably want casts of those once Maul comes out. :maul

Collector Freak said:
That doesn't mean that Maul can't have a neutral look, however. This neutral face sculpt is terrific:

darthmaul.jpg
But then you'd have to pose him with his chin down all the time. And let's not talk about "essence".

I wonder why the one pic had the red lip and the others look fine.:confused: I sure hope there's not a bunch of differin figs with different paint jobs.

Back