12" Maul Shipping Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bah, barring some miracle mine STILL won't arrive before Christmas. That makes me sad. At least my break is until the second week of January so Ill have some time to play with him.

Great pics guys!!! It certainly looks like we will have absolutely NO head repaints!! Thank GOD! He looks fantastic!! :lol

I will have to redo the eyes though, I just want him looking up through the top of his eyes and not straight ahead. Also will touch up the area around the lips, just because I'm picky like that.

But I WILL be doing the full body tattoos, no matter what. I just really want to do it. No matter how tedious and insane that sounds. :rotfl

This Maul fig is defenitley looking to be the flagship for the SW 12" line :D

Has anyone else noticed in the photos the highlights in the iris are in different areas due to the light reflection?

This made me look at my Sith Anakin and i'll be damn the iris highlight is almost non visible unlike the others in the line.

I for one wish SSC would adopt this idea.

The gloss alone gives the appearance of natural highlights and looks far less doll like than the white dot.

This would cost no less to do and make for better eyes and in return better figs imo.

Barely wait for this one.

Now to get that speeder repainted.

:monkey4
DarkArtist81 said:
Great pics guys!!! It certainly looks like we will have absolutely NO head repaints!!

No, we are going to have "I screwed up Mauls head thinking I could do a better job" threads.

EVILFACE said:

No, we are going to have "I screwed up Mauls head thinking I could do a better job" threads.

:lol :rotfl :lol

Yeah, I can't wait to see someone's attempts... I've painted several people's faces up like Maul and I can say that it's hard to do, I can't imagine trying it on such a small scale. Would be near suicidal. :cool:

pjam said:
This guy is a future Hall of Fame SW fig... an instant classic IMHO! :D :maul

I really hope with all this positive energy about the figure that we don't have the opposite of a chicken-little syndrome. How sad would it be if we all got the figure and it sucked in hand :lol

Here's to being positive :chew

EVILFACE said:

no repaint, but new boots for sure...and a cordless double ended cathode saber...

hurricane said:
no repaint, but new boots for sure...and a cordless double ended cathode saber...

With the new pix he does look near perfect. Not seeing the monkey arms like I was before, but I do agree that the boots could be better. They remind me of the snow boots you wear when your a kid. Other than that, from what i can see in the pix, he looks awesome!

I remember seeing some shots of the boots he wore and they were big-ass moon boots. So I think the ones from Sideshow are actually pretty accurate, especially in the pic where he's in the desert.

maulbootsreal-ref.jpg

image1592.jpg

galactiboy said:
I remember seeing some shots of the boots he wore and they were big-ass moon boots. So I think the ones from Sideshow are actually pretty accurate, especially in the pic where he's in the desert.

maulbootsreal-ref.jpg

image1592.jpg

If memory serves me correctly, the boots Darth Maul uses are from an Italian designer. I'm pretty sure one can actually buy boots similar to Maul's.

Am I the only one who seriously doubts we will see Maul in time for Christmas? Sideshow's site says you have to order something today at the latest for it to arrive in time. This is to allow for time to process, ship, etc. If Maul is coming in 10 days or so, that would be the 14th. It would just be like ordering him on the 14th, too late. So unless Sideshow is going to work overtime to get him to us, I don't think it will be so. But I'd love to be prove wrong :monkey3

His body proportions are horrible and everybody keeps saying that he is perfect??

it is really difficult to understand you guys,

sorry but I will be cancelling him and wait for the PF, where I trust SS will have proper body proportions

From those pics (great pics btw) I'm still worried about the arms, but overall he looks KILLER. Hope he's here by Juledag.

Does anyone recall whether he comes with more than one set of gloved hands?

Buttmunch said:
Am I the only one who seriously doubts we will see Maul in time for Christmas? Sideshow's site says you have to order something today at the latest for it to arrive in time. This is to allow for time to process, ship, etc. If Maul is coming in 10 days or so, that would be the 14th. It would just be like ordering him on the 14th, too late. So unless Sideshow is going to work overtime to get him to us, I don't think it will be so. But I'd love to be prove wrong :monkey3

No, Dusty pretty much said in another thread when the first e-mails went out that he would ship after Christmas. He should be in the warehouse late next week according to the e-mail, but won't ship until after Christmas due to the crazy holiday shipping schedule, according to Dusty.

I doubt we will see it. Only chance would be if they shipped a few California people since we get ours the next day. Also the dead lines for shipping are set to allow for shipping to someplaces, like Maine where it takes maybe a week or longer.

YEEEEEESSSS

"Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of our 12” Darth Maul – Sideshow Inclusive Edition (item #21151) from our Star Wars 12-inch Figures Collection. We appreciate your patience in awaiting the arrival of this Limited Edition, Sold Out collectible.

At this time, we would like to inform you that this item is estimated to arrive into our warehouse within the next 9-11 days. We will BEGIN “pre-authorizing” credit cards for this purchase within the next 24 hours, in the sequence in which all of the pre-orders for this item were placed. A “pre-auth” is not a direct charge, but is a “hold” of funds pending the shipment of your order. Your credit card will be charged once the item is shipped from our warehouse."

about time lets get this Sith mama-jama on!

pixletwin said:
They won't actually charge you until Maul ships. They are just warning that they will be sending out pre-auths to make sure we have the funds available.

That's the same thing, man. My card won't clear today, but it would before Maul ships. :(

Back