12" Maul Shipping Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batty said:
But then you'd have to pose him with his chin down all the time. And let's not talk about "essence".

Exactly, I'm sure all this was considered by the design team before choosing this "neutral" sculpt, which by the way works pretty well in some of the action shots taken by our talented Asian brethren...

Its nice to see at least someone has issues with it. This was getting to be way to happy of a thread. I mean even poggle liked it.:lol

Seth Gecko said:
Well they're all in this thread.:maul :cool:

Batty, I think Seth is referring to the pics that QQB posted where the paint job on the face is not as good as the petty much all the other pics. QQB's pics are the ones with the black background.

pixletwin said:
Batty, I think Seth is referring to the pics that QQB posted where the paint job on the face is not as good as the petty much all the other pics. QQB's pics are the ones with the black background.
D'oh! It's too much hard work to go look for myself! :lol

Actually, I did go back and look. It didn't bother me the first time I saw them, so that's why I didn't know which ones he meant. No big deal. Thanks PT!

Collector Freak said:
The face sculpt is sooo boring. Maul should be fierce and angry. It may be a good likeness, but it doesn't portray the essence of the character at all.

That doesn't mean that Maul can't have a neutral look, however. This neutral face sculpt is terrific:

darthmaul.jpg

all that's different there is the position of the painted eyeballs. The sculpt is the same, and this is why some people like myself and DA (and possibly others) will be repainting the eyes when we get him

I think this figure is almost perfect! No repainting (not that I could do it if I try!:D) or whatever for me!

I hope I get Maul before Christmas. I've been a very good boy this year! :eek:

hunky_artist said:
all that's different there is the position of the painted eyeballs. The sculpt is the same, and this is why some people like myself and DA (and possibly others) will be repainting the eyes when we get him

True.... So CF... That would be boring "eye paint" and not boring sculpt. :D

Oh and welcome back Collector Freak.... You were..... "missed":rolleyes:

Can't say I think the look is boring either. I've got several photos of Maul that have the same type of expression the SS piece has.

jason2885 said:
Just to let everyone know my Maul is now saying item shipping soon so I guess he should be shipping at anytime.

Grat news Jason! Was it for the reg. or the inclusive?

My inclusive Maul has changed to Shipping Soon overnight as well! I can't wait!!!:rock

Jedi_Mike said:
My inclusive Maul has changed to Shipping Soon overnight as well! I can't wait!!!:rock

Not mine. But that is OK. All my orders through Sideshow usually don't have a status change until after they have actually shipped. :lol :)monkey2 )

Back