12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I think the shoulders look more natural. I know most of us are used to a certain exaggerated look of the previous Dragon/Buck/TrueType, but most people don't have huge, broad shoulders.

Too bad the wrists and feet aren't like the TrueType, for the shoulders I'd love to put HT Jack Sparrow onto a Pro instead of the TT.

Too bad the wrists and feet aren't like the TrueType, for the shoulders I'd love to put HT Jack Sparrow onto a Pro instead of the TT.

Exactly. In fact, most of my figures could use those more narrow shoulders.

Although, you don't need feet for Jack, and one wrist has the wrap so its just a slip-on thing. You only have to worry about adapting one hand. Might be worth the try if you can get a loose pro somewhere.

Before supergluing the neck, try just pushing down on it. There seems to be a couple of positions possible and pushing down makes it tighter.

The only loose joints i've found one mine i'm not sure how to fix are the thigh swivel. if i can remove the thigh from the hip joint, then it's just a matter of the super glue trick.

Collected mine yesterday. Even being a SW fan, I would rate this as the Sideshow 1/6th scale figure of the year.:lol

Corner Store Comics shipped mine yesterday. With priority mail from California to New York, I should have him on Friday. I can't wait. I'm going to do a Indiana Jones Medicom vs. Sideshow smackdown. Don't know if there will be pictures. I'm moving out this weekend (thank God), and working overtime at the job, so I won't have time. Also, my soon-to-be ex-wife is keeping the camera.

Corner Store Comics shipped mine yesterday. With priority mail from California to New York, I should have him on Friday. I can't wait. I'm going to do a Indiana Jones Medicom vs. Sideshow smackdown. Don't know if there will be pictures. I'm moving out this weekend (thank God), and working overtime at the job, so I won't have time. Also, my soon-to-be ex-wife is keeping the camera.

Do you mean something like this?

IMG_0864.JPG

Although, you don't need feet for Jack, and one wrist has the wrap so its just a slip-on thing. You only have to worry about adapting one hand. Might be worth the try if you can get a loose pro somewhere.

This is a great idea. I find my HT Jack is a little too tall with broad shoulders for sure. I'd love to see how this looks. Might have to try it myself too! :rock

Do you mean something like this?

IMG_0864.JPG

HAHA! That's awesome. PINK PANTS! :rotfl

To me it really shows how much better the SS figure is, and for $60 less!

Oh, I just got mine last night. AWESOME figure! Not sure what all the complaints are about the jacket. I really like the jacket. Needs a little more weathering, but for the scale, it's nice and thin (Like Boromir's Leather Jerkin - similar type of material).

Sure beats the custom jacket I had on my custom Indy, which now appears too bulky...and I used to think that one was amazing! hehe. Really dig that it's lined and has what appears to be a 'to scale' zipper (even if it doesn't zip up)

Overall, I think they did a great job on this figure. Love all the accessories, hands, gloved hands, etc., The belts and bag strap are like the LOTR figures - Love it! And the sculpts are AMAZING (Awesome work Trev.)

Can't wait for more figures!

Only thing I'm so-so on is the shirt, but I have a 'Relic Hunter' shirt on the way, so we'll see how that looks instead! :whip

I'm getting closer to having my TOD options. I just won a combo jacket and shirt from Sideshow Indy this morning for like $25, so when i get the shirt I'm going to add the sweat and blood stains as well as the whip tears and shred off the sleeve. I'm eyeing a loose hatted head right now, going to get that and bruise him up a bit, got the sword already on it's way, might get another set of pants to beat up too, but shirt, head and sword to look like TOD's finale would be enough for me. "Mola Ram! Prepare to meet Kahli...in Hell!"

Well, depending on the quality of my Pro, if I swap Indy to a TT, I'll try a Jack swap, or maybe just dress down Indy and throw Jack's shirt and coat on the Pro just to see how it looks, head too, might look too out of scale. It may not be perfect, but the Pro definitely has the better anatomical look between HT and Sideshow.

Just got home with my Indy, and will be futzing and redressing tonight (after an all you can eat wing buffet) BUT I have to say I have an incredibly tight Pro body and this figure is absolutely amazing. Haven't even opened Gandalf yet to see how great a figure that is because Indy is just that awesome.

You know, I find it promising that this body can be tight from some reports, but I'm actually more disturbed by the inconsistency than if they'd all been loose. Something needs to be done to ensure better consistency it seems.

Yea I hear ya Sean. What's funny is that mine was so tight I actually had a stuck joint! I really want to see SS do a female body now and have Marion on that. Maybe make 2. One that is well articulated and make that into Nepal Marion followed by one that looks fantastic with few joints (sort of like the Triad Eva) and make a Marion in a white dress.

Unfortunately, I don't see a new female body coming from Sideshow. A couple G.I. Joe females (if that line even gets that far), Leia, Padme, and Marion are the only female characters to make in their lines, I think they're going to stick with the female Buck as good enough for the few female figures they'll make.

Indy arrived this morning. The first thing I noticed was the badly scratched brim of his hat. (Why is his hat grey?) The joints are VERY loose. He can't stand and balance on his own. The magnet on his belt pulled off almost immediately. I'm hoping Sideshow will send me out a new head and belt instead of making me pack up the whole thing. I like the figure but the problems out of the box are very disappointing.

I just got my Indy exclusive today. Love it!!! Some of my joints are loose in comparison to the SSC Star Wars bodies, but not as loose as imagined they would be from reading on the posts. Since this is my first SSC with swapable head, I was wondering how do you guys take the head off? Do I take the whole head assembly off of the body (neck + head) or just take off the head with the neck still attached to the body? Thanks in advance for your help.

Just the head. I was very, very, scared to take mine off but just used some strong even pressure and kind of "rolled" it off if that makes sense. I probably won't be swapping his head out much as I don't care for the hatless head mine came with as much as the hatted one. I have other plans for it anyway.

I'm getting closer to having my TOD options. I just won a combo jacket and shirt from Sideshow Indy this morning for like $25, so when i get the shirt I'm going to add the sweat and blood stains as well as the whip tears and shred off the sleeve. I'm eyeing a loose hatted head right now, going to get that and bruise him up a bit, got the sword already on it's way, might get another set of pants to beat up too, but shirt, head and sword to look like TOD's finale would be enough for me. "Mola Ram! Prepare to meet Kahli...in Hell!"

Awesome! I would love the see your "battle-damaged" Indy from the end of TOD! Be sure to put the wraps on his...right hand. Wasn't it his right? I think he may have used strips he cut off of his shirt on that hand.

Back