12" Inch Figure Dewback A New Hope

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big difference between the Dewback and Jabba's Throne or Yoda's Hut is that is sure to be rotocast vinyl (ala Jabba) and not solid polystone.

These will becheaper to produce than those two items. Then again, I'm not saying that will prevent them from charging polystone prices (see: Boba Fett PF).

And didn't the 1977 Dewback have elephant feet or was that just made up by the original Kenner toy?

No the animal with elephant feet was the Bantha. They were really just dressed up elephants anyway so Im not sure what a Bantha is suppose to look like. A Dewback on the other hand has always been an overgrown lizard.

And didn't the 1977 Dewback have elephant feet or was that just made up by the original Kenner toy?

Yeah if my memory serves right they never made a full filming Dewback, it was only a head,neck and back. With a lack of source material Kenner took creative liberties in their release of the dewback. Although they are not really elephant feet they are pretty chunky compared to what the dewback ended up with after the SE versions.

attachment.php

Dewback.jpg

2679261645_f50497f8c5.jpg

Dewback_btm.jpg

Dewback02.jpg

Last edited:
I've managed to stay away from collecting Star Wars pieces for years and then I hear about this :slap

Have never been more pleased or excited to break a personal oath

Not sure about the price being set yet, they know the cost and the max and min. Think they will gauge recent sales and go from there, but I agree 350$ min if not 400$ with the trooper, toss in shipping internationally and that 450$. I simply cant justify that anymore.

Besides, I think alot of people saw how Jabba sat around and went for way cheaper later on, think that has hurt sales in general for this line, gohastings and babybirds dont help either :)

Right they probably have an idea of the price range. My point was what we say is gonna have little effect on what they do.

Right they probably have an idea of the price range. My point was what we say is gonna have little effect on what they do.

MOst likely, as the piece appears to be epic and as such many will buy, but if the sentiment seems to be "to expensive right now", maybe they would see how peeps react and judge accordingly. As much as Id love to grab this, 400$, plus INT shipping and duties is over 500$ for me. Ill have no choice but to get later on cheaper somewhere or pass altogether

Keeping my money for Joes :rock

MOst likely, as the piece appears to be epic and as such many will buy, but if the sentiment seems to be "to expensive right now", maybe they would see how peeps react and judge accordingly. As much as Id love to grab this, 400$, plus INT shipping and duties is over 500$ for me. Ill have no choice but to get later on cheaper somewhere or pass altogether

Keeping my money for Joes :rock

Right if people back off they will see that and react properly because they do listen to us. Especially when it comes to how things affect all fans here or outside the US. When I say what we say as far as price being what we think it will cost that I don't think does much of anything.

My guess is this did be one of the main Sideshow attractions at SDCC.

Probably be a year later before being shipped, that ought to give me ample time to save up for the purchase. Lets hope it wouldn't carry a :thud: price tag.:pray::lol

Back