12" Inch Figure Dewback A New Hope

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know someone already stated this, but I really wish they could have done 2 versions - one rotocast and one polystone, with each priced at say 199 and 299 respectively. This version looks amazing, but it's definitely out of my price range right now mainly due to the job factor. I just wish they could have taken the economy into account on this one.

Also, I do think posability would have been a nice add-on for the rotocast, especially for the sentimental factor, as many of us had (or still have) the old Kenner Dewback and cherished it greatly.

My own economics, and I would guess its the same for many others here, is with the prices of food and gas going up, my paycheck going down via higher taxes and my employer cutbacks, I have less money to spend on frivolous items like toys and statues./QUOTE]

:goodpost: Somehow a bit uplifting to read that others are in the same situation as I am. But only a bit. :monkey1

It's not the lack of articulation that bothers me at all... it's the fact that making this a polystone statue was completely unnecessary and prices MANY people out. A dumb move, imho.

SSC has gone from value price to stupid expensive to crazy expensive. Really think they went from giving people items of value at a fair price to looking for the insanely rich or the saps that don't care if they're in debt or blowing their kids savings.

I want these items as much as anybody, but in this economy where I haven't seen a pay raise (and actually have been furloughed and forced to contribution 4% of my salary more to my pension plan) in at least 3 years, I just can't find any way in the world to justify paying these prices on a regular basis.

Its gone from 1 figure a month as a value conscious entertainment expense to feeling absolutely guilty and foolhardy when I buy 1 per quarter.

:goodpost::exactly:

The thing looks pretty much perfect to me. No problem with the lack of articulation or anything. This is exactly how they could do a rancor. Of course, back in 2007 if they did this product it would be $200 and a Rancor would have been $400 and I probably would have bought them both.

Now, SSC is out of touch with my sensibilities.

My own economics, and I would guess its the same for many others here, is with the prices of food and gas going up, my paycheck going down via higher taxes and my employer cutbacks, I have less money to spend on frivolous items like toys and statues. So for SSC to continually raise their prices just doesn't connect with me. I understand they need to eat, but I just don't think their prices are in tune with reality.

I think they're counting on regular people to make stupid financial choices as I don't think they could rely on the rich to keep this line going.

you're not alone! I easily went from 6 to 8 SSC items a year down to 2 (recently only HT) and still feel a bit guilty.

That said.. this peice is perfect.. just out of my $ range. (and it's not that I don't have the funds.. they just are not for SSC anymore)

There's no question it's an AWESOME looking piece. I just question some of the business decisions around it, and why it was always touted as a 1:6 "Figure".

I know we've gone around and around on this, but polystone is a drawing point for me, though obviously I can't afford it.

If they priced this at $200 and said its a rotocast item like Jabba then I think I'm back to feeling its grossly overpriced.

At least with the polystone I feel its a grossly overpriced collectors item. Where as with rotocast I feel its a grossly overpriced Hasbroesque product.

I feel it should be possible to make this item for $200 IN polystone.

It's not the lack of articulation that bothers me at all... it's the fact that making this a polystone statue was completely unnecessary and prices MANY people out. A dumb move, imho.

I don't see how a $300 mixed media dewback statue prices anyone out any more than a $300 mixed media stortmtrooper statue or any other PF that SSC has sold over the years. Obviously it could have been a cheaper vinyl but the same can be said for any premium format.

I don't see how a $300 mixed media dewback statue prices anyone out any more than a $300 mixed media stortmtrooper statue or any other PF that SSC has sold over the years. Obviously it could have been a cheaper vinyl but the same can be said for any premium format.

Its not a premium format. Its big, but its not that big.

This isn't supposed to be a Premium Format figure... it should be a 1:6 Figure, ala Jabba.

If they made a Rancor, I would stack it up against Lurtz and say "this is why its $500". But the Dewback isn't that big.

Its close to the Gollum PF I guess in size, but I'm regretting that purchase as well.

I agree at current SSC policy it would. I'm saying at $500 is what I could probably justify it at...iin polystone.

I have decided I want both of these.

However I will go with the Sandie to start.

I will wait and see how cheap I can get Dewey for and get him some day down the line (i hope).

PsztR.png

oh man this thing is beautiful. i wish i could pass this up but i cant unsee what i've seen.

i'm definitely going to shop around for a better price to see if i can find it for less but this is going to be mine regardless.

has there been any hints at an ES?

Back