12 inch Bespin Han

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is nothing wrong with voicing your opinion on whether you like or dislike something on here. If anything I would hope SS values both sides of our views and uses that feedback to make their work even better.

I have totally been on the praising side of the previous SW 12", well minus the toothpick sabers which they seem to have made thicker.

Anyway, I'm glad being someone who isn't a longtime SS junkie, I have a very "on the fence" perspective of this new line.

As much as some people love to hate on the figures just to rile people up, there are many people it seems who are so pro-anything Sideshow that they won't ever say they dislike something they make.

Some of the people here remind me of most Democrats and Republicans: always siding with their party no matter what their honest views on the matter are.

I'm going to call a spade a spade and if a figure sucks IMO I'm going to say it sucks. If it's wonderful then I'm going to praise it like it's the cure for cancer.

I simply find it hard to believe so many people are defending this sculpt when it's obvious it needs some corrections if they're trying to go the route of making an accurate likeness of Harrison Ford. His eyes are not that blue and his eyebrows are too thick.Then again that's just my 2 cents!

BTW, here's a funny pic from the rebelscum boards along with a photoshopped version of the figure that I think makes the figure look far better.
SSC-Han-Prototype.jpg

020206han018bf2.jpg

My point is that you can't really form an opinion about it without really seeing it.

But you can form one on what you do see.

Do you honestly feel that that fan altered image doesn't make that shot of the figure look better?

I'd snatch the figure up in a second if if looked that way where as the blue eyed one just disappoints me.

Anyone else notice that Ford's new film "Firewall" opens in theaters next Friday as well? I wonder if it is just a coinsidence or not. Does Ray Park or Ian McDirmid have any new films in the next few weeks? :D

Darklord Dave said:
My point is that you can't really form an opinion about it without really seeing it.

I agree.

Remember how lots of people were complaining about the 1/6 Strider and then when the figure went up for sale? After more pics were released, most people were very happy with the figure.

Bonehead15 said:
I agree.

Remember how lots of people were complaining about the 1/6 Strider and then when the figure went up for sale? After more pics were released, most people were very happy with the figure.

I agree as well. I'm no Sideshow fan-boy and have voiced my concerns on numerous pieces in the past but this teaser pic of Solo is just that, a teaser and while I agree that the photoshopped pic above does look better, I'll wait for at least one more pic from a different angle, before providing a thumbs up or a thumbs down.

Now Sideshow please give us a Chewie next!!!!

I think its a great teaser photo and has done exactly what it is supposed to do. Get us talking about new product. Good bad or otherwise. I can't see enough to give a real opinion. Stoked about the mynock though!:banana

Now bring on bespin leia with Andy's sculpted hair and we'll have a great pair.

Sideshow's Han looks good to me.

In my work I have seen enough photoshoped pics to know that the 2 doctered pics above tell more about the low skill of the "fan" than the quality of the design. (The lighting on Harrison's face should have adjusted to match the eyes of the model, the retouched eyes have no pop, etc.) It's a case of a little knowlege (of how Photoshop works) is a bad thing.

Perhaps, if I may say so, graphic design should be left to profesionals. Just my opinion.

Timmothy Dalton? Looks nothing like him. Those "fan" pics don't look any better. I recall people trying to make better photoshops of Anakin, now that was some funny censored.

The point is, no matter how good or bad the figure looked in the tease, after we saw more pics everyone was floored by them Fisto, Anakin, OB1 all caught hell.

I am really looking forward to that Mynock! Very predictable as an exclusive, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If they really make the Mynock the exclusive, it will be the best exclusive so far IMO.

As for the eye color, George Washington's eye color changed from prototype to actual figure, so if this is a goof I have no doubt sideshow will fix it.

noelleon69 said:
i'm not much of a star wars fan so pardon me when i ask these:

what is bespin and what is mynock?

Bespin = Cloud City

Mynock = the flying creatures that attacked Han and the gang insinde that big worm in the asteroid.

Yeehaw, I love it when I get to go into supergeek mode. :banana Just lemme jump in my telephone booth...okay!

Bespin is a gas planet on which tibanna gas is mined, int he upper atmosphere there are cities (I presume there is more than one) that mine the gas. Lando Calrissian, a former smuggler friend of Han's in the administrator for the particular cloud city.

Mynocks are space faring creatures that attach themselves to the cables on spaceships and feed on the electricty. They are parasitic and must be cleaned off of the spaceship before more permanent and dangerous damage can be done.

*With a wink and a nod supergeek flies into the sunset*

A REAL MYNOCK EXCLUSIVE!

That's like the best exclusive accessory ever -- a whole another figure in its own right.

I'm so there at preorder time!

a080.gif

Bonehead15 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord Dave

I agree.

But why is it ok for the guys who say its a good likeness to be able to express their opinion and those of us that can see, that at least in this picture, the likeness is apparently lacking cannot? Yes Strider was bitched about, and then it wound up looking alright. And I'll be the first to say how good Han looks on preorder day, if it does, but right now it seems to have Timothy Dalton's eyes and not to reflect any likeness to Harrison Ford. To be fair though, maybe they couldn't get Ford's rights and decided they wanted to give us the character anyway as he is so important to the story. :angelsmil

Back