12 inch Bespin Han

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gdb said:
I agree with everyone predicting a Mynock as the exclusive. I hope it comes with a suction-cup to let it suck juice off the power couplings-- um, the wall behind my desk where I'll display Han.

I hope we can count on a Hoth Leia to join him on the outside of the Falcon.

Um--

How exactly does the breath mask protect Han and the gang against the vaccuum of space and the horrible cold and weightlessness again? I mean aren't the breath masks just the same as the ones that come down in the unlikely event of a sudden cabin depressorization in an airplane?
It's not supposed to make sense. We're talking Star Wars here not Star Trek. ;)
I'll be sitting there waiting to preorder him like the others. I love the fact that he comes with the mask. I hope space worm Leia will be next!

gdb said:
How exactly does the breath mask protect Han and the gang against the vaccuum of space and the horrible cold and weightlessness again? I mean aren't the breath masks just the same as the ones that come down in the unlikely event of a sudden cabin depressorization in an airplane?

Ah, the science of Star Wars coming back to bite it in the ass again.

wookilar8 said:
Ah, the science of Star Wars coming back to bite it in the ass again.

Yup, if you think too hard about it I think your head just might explode. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. :)

wyrmn3500 said:
hmmm. . . han is my favorite character, so i was pretty excited to see him produced in 1/6 scale, but i was rather hoping for the rotj/ endor outfit so he "fit" with luke (plus, take off the trench coat and you more or less have the classic anh outfit, which, personally, was my favorite) -- and, i guess it's too early to comment on the sculpt, but it doesn't scream han to me at the moment -- looks a bit like timothy dalton -- maybe it's the blue eyes. . .

well, take off the blue jacket, put on the hasbro black vest and you have ROTJ han solo, minus the camo duster.

the eyes and eyebrows do resemble timothy dalton now that you mention it.

Don't you remember Hasbro's whole "blue pants/brown pants Han" fiasco. If you don't ROTJ Han's pants color was corrected to brown after so many blue pants figures were released.:rolleyes:

Yeah, good choice SSC. I always thought the TESB Han was the quintessential Solo in the OT.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Harry's eyes blue or green? I read on a site they're hazel and can appear blue, green or brown.

Anyone know what color Han's eyes are on the PF Capt. Solo?

Don't like the tease on the HS either, but I think the proof will be in the schnoz. Hopefully they did a good job on Ford's distinct nose.

GIT 'R DONE

Last edited:
Harrison Ford has a very recognisable face and especially eyes and I'm just not seeing any resemblance in that pic.:confused:

I'm kinda bummed because that's my favorite version of Han and I'm thinking this sculpt isn't going to look remotely close to him.

Why can they do the 1/4 sculpt so well and not this?

Compare the 2 and you'll see what I mean.

I somehow get the feeling they're not hiding the face to tease us...:eek:

His eyes are hazel.
Picts are posted over at OSW in the Han thread of Fords eyes.
The paint ops look like possesed blue.
Ewans eyes are wrong on Kenobis sculpt as well

You know,when i first saw the picture( I followed a link that was posted in the "Jaws" Thread) i too thought it was a new addition to the Bond range in the form of Timothy Dalton.Was most surprised to click on it and find it was,in fact,Harrison Ford!As somebody else pointed out,Harrison s is one of the most recognisable profiles anywhere and this is unrecognisable,to these weary eyes anyway.
Not a complaint as Sideshow rarely fails to disappoint to that degree,just an observation.

Zero interest in this one, though I'm glad the OT fans are getting another one of their major players.

Oh wow!!!!! :banana

I'm going to get this one! I'm so happy! :banana

I didn't get the 1/4 Han and this will be a nice subsitute.

Is this an Andy sculpt?

I can't friggin wait!

PsychoCenobite :horror

Having seen Ford in person, I distinctly remember his eyes being light blue-green in color; perhaps they have some hazel too. In any case, they're light in color, and his irises are composed of many hues, like so many people's. It's hardly a make-or-break issue on a 12" figure.

As for the rest -- YES. A thorough representation of my favorite incarnation of Han Solo. Will definitely get it. And the facial sculpt seems to be comparable to that of the PF piece, at least. I'll hold my judgement until I see it, but so far it's quite satisfactory.

And as for the atmosphere inside the Space Slug -- remember, they were inside the Falcon's shield, which would've created enough air pressure for their bodies to comfortably survive (pressure being the #1 issue of survival in space, followed closely by temperature -- and the slug itself provided the heat in this case).

Can't wait for the preorder! :joy

I think he looks awesome and can't wait to get him!

I actually like his look better than the PF Han, but then again I don't own any of the PF figures. I'm just going by pictures.

So far I have done well with the pre-orders and scored exclusives "Anakin", "Obi-Wan", "Kit Fisto" and "Aragorn" (LOTR).

Unfortunately I missed out on the exclusive for "Luke" but that was my fault. I thought there would have been some left in the evening... I learned my lesson with the first figure but at least I got the "regular edition" and I'm satisfied with that.

Like anyone, I'd much prefer to get the exclusive but in the end... The figure itself is what is most important to me!

Next week I will be ready for the "Bespin - Han" pre-order. Given my track record, I am confident that I'll get one but if I don't... I'll be more than happy with the regular edition.

One thing is for sure, this will be a very tough pre-order. The toughest since Ep. III "Obi-Wan" if not tougher... This one will sell out in record time!

Despite this I hope they keep the numbers low on this one.

I'm not too impressed with the sculpt. Especially with the mask on it should be looking better.

hansolo10.jpg

:banghead

I'll buy it, of course I will, I am a SW fan... But I'm not to enthusiastic about the choice to start off this new line: 'Bespin Han'. Wow another Han. Han AGAIN... and very close to the PF so it seems. Strange that they call it the 'Bespin Han'. A not so 'worn' character to kick off 'Heroes of the Rebellion' would have been more exiting. At least it's a OT charakter.

wookilar8 said:
Why is everybody commenting that it's called Bespin Han Solo and he's shown in the space slug's belly? He's wearing the same jacket and pants throughout the whole movie except outside on Hoth. This version of the character is commonly known as Bespin Han. Oh yeah and he finally takes the damn jacket off for the frozen ride to Pizza the .....I mean Jabba the Hutt.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
I'll buy it, of course I will, I am a SW fan... But I'm not to enthusiastic about the choice to start off this new line: 'Bespin Han'. Wow another Han. Han AGAIN... and very close to the PF so it seems. Strange that they call it the 'Bespin Han'. A not so 'worn' character to kick off 'Heroes of the Rebellion' would have been more exiting. At least it's a OT charakter.

Well, not everyone collects both the 1/4th and 1/6 scale figures. I don't collect the 1/4 (way out of my price range), but I love 1/6 and Han is a popular character that many people would want in their 1/6 collection. I'm grateful they're not letting the 1/4 sway their decisions on who they release in 1/6.

Amen! Iwill reserve judgement on the sculpt untill I see more. The Obi Wan eyes were a little intense too at first but then they look better in the 360 view. Keeping in mind that these are prototypes....

Back