12 inch Bespin Han

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll reserve final judgement until more is seen of the sculpt, but, it will need to be much better than it appears so far.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
I'll buy it, of course I will, I am a SW fan... But I'm not to enthusiastic about the choice to start off this new line: 'Bespin Han'. Wow another Han. Han AGAIN... and very close to the PF so it seems. Strange that they call it the 'Bespin Han'. A not so 'worn' character to kick off 'Heroes of the Rebellion' would have been more exiting. At least it's a OT charakter.
Josette said:
Well, not everyone collects both the 1/4th and 1/6 scale figures. I don't collect the 1/4 (way out of my price range), but I love 1/6 and Han is a popular character that many people would want in their 1/6 collection. I'm grateful they're not letting the 1/4 sway their decisions on who they release in 1/6.
I'm far from being a completist, I just collect what I like (and can afford).
I didn't look at it from your point of view. You have a very good point there.

Definitely my favorite "Han" of the OT. Love the jacket he wears as well.

It's nearly impossible to view his facial sculpt with that mask on, so I honestly don't understand how anyone can post a negative review regarding the sculpt. You might as well say that his boots are way off...

I can only hope that Sideshow will follow up soon with Chewie. That's the one that I'm most interested in.

FlyAndFight said:
It's nearly impossible to view his facial sculpt with that mask on, so I honestly don't understand how anyone can post a negative review regarding the sculpt. You might as well say that his boots are way off...
Well, actually his boots look more accurate than his face so far. But, if one can objectively look at the eyes, they don't look anything like Ford's from that era. Maybe the wrinkly, sunken eyes are a nod to his present look? :angelsmil

I think sideshow should just suprise us an throw the preorders up without giving people a week to pick every detail apart :wacky

The eyes throw the whole sculpt off, even with the mask on. I'm surprised some people are giving this the thumbs up, if you cant give it a negative with the mask on then you sure cant give it a positive either. I guess we need more pictures. Timothy Dalton from Bond thats funny.

im gonna jump on this too, just because han solo is one of the ultimate scoundrels of any of the star wars movies. (and i mean that in a good way)

Darklord Dave said:
OH MY GOD! :horror

I CAN'T BELIEVE EVERYONE IS SO CRITICAL OF A SCULPT THEY CAN'T EVEN SEE!

:banghead

In all fairness, when the other sculpts were shown in small portions there wasn't this much unhappiness with them.

I know if you show any of the other 3 SW 12" or the Aragorn from just the nose up, I'd have no problem with them and say that they look very recognizable to the actor.

This one just does not look like Ford from what you can see IMO and evidently the opinion of many others. Like I said before, you can see a pic of him with just his eyes showing and 99% of everyone would know who it is.

I just hope SS really does some heavy modifications to this sculpt before production, because I have been very pleased with the line so far and Bespin Han was one I was looking very forward to. Now I'm not even sure I want it.:dunno

Darklord Dave said:
OH MY GOD! :horror

I CAN'T BELIEVE EVERYONE IS SO CRITICAL OF A SCULPT THEY CAN'T EVEN SEE!

:banghead

Can't people have a little faith in Sideshow? This isn't Hasbro, people!

:peace

Why even show just a portion of the face? Just show his boots, or his torso or something. I can't tell if I like it or not. Will I order it? But of course.

JohnyBoo said:
Why even show just a portion of the face? Just show his boots, or his torso or something. I can't tell if I like it or not. Will I order it? But of course.

Agree. I liked the original tease they did with Jedi Luke.

You still can still comment on the sculpt even if he has a face mask on... the top half would look the same, and its the eyes that let you associate with the person the most. Some people get so worked up just because others dont like it...

I am definitely reserving judgement. But I will say this. Han has angry eyes. So that fits three scenes I can think of.

1) Where they are inside the slug cave and Han starts to realize realize the walls are alive.

2) When he walks into the dining area and starts shooting at Vader

3) When he punches Lando in the face

This is only my opinion, but I was hoping for a Bespin Han that had the look when Leia says "I love you" and he says "I know". Maybe they will make a Han like he appears right before he is frozen in carbonite?

Because ESB is my favorite movie, I actually wouldn't mind another Han from the Millenium Falcon scenes before they reach Bespin.

And of course I can't wait for a Hoth Han with Taun Taun!!! ;)

I agree that continuous negative comments about things that cannot be changed are bad for the mind and spirit. But if specific criticisms will lead to future improvements, then I'm all for it.

I'm psyched about this figure even if the HS ends up being a little off. The Kenners were cool when I was a kid but SSC is for the grownup SW fan in all of us.

It's like every new release is freakin' Christmas.

When do you think SSC will post additional pics of Bespin Han so we can get a better peek?

Back