12 inch Bespin Han

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, I read about people talking about the bags here too. But yes, the bags need to come back, or at least some of it LOL. And the eyebrows are too thin now. Can you imagine that? Oh, the irony! LOL

And yes, both of Mace's eyes are too small. And the left eye is shaped like Samuels, but the right eye isn't.

This piece reminds me of another Mat Falls sculpt: Fox Mulder.

The likeness is there, but is getting lost in the puffiness.

Good thing there are soooo many SW collectors out there, otherwise the likenesses would be a bigger issue.

The more I look at the pics of Han, the more I realize that the outfit has to be one of the best-tailored 1/6 outifts I've ever seen. The jacket could have easily made him look bulky, but he looks slim. The pants could easily have shown off the deep/high Sideshow hip joints, but they hang smoothly. This is a really good-lookin' figure!

Good job, everybody at Sideshow!

I have absolutely loved every one of Sideshows previous offerings and can't wait to get them. I can't wait to see Mace next week and right now I think he looks great! But, Han......well right now I am just not liking him. I think his outfit looks great love the holster. I am even okay with his lack of many accessories but, his sculpt just doesn't work for me. This is the first one I just might cancel if no improvements come along on it. I don't mean to thrash Sideshow or anything but I was really excited when I saw the preview pic with his mask on and couldn't wait to order him. Now if I don't cancel my order I will only display him with the mask on and not let people remove it for Sideshows sake. It's hard to tell people what an amazing job they are doing when this is one of thier examples. :sick

Here are some screen caps to compare to the Sideshow figure:

56085551-M.jpg

56081069-M-1.jpg
56080955-M-1.jpg

56080962-M-1.jpg

56080968-M-1.jpg
56080972-M-1.jpg

56080974-M-1.jpg
56080981-M-1.jpg
56080985-M-1.jpg
56080989-M-1.jpg

I think he looks fantabulous (I am NOT trying to make up a word. I heard it somewhere.) My only (very small) regret is that he doesn;t come with binders. Ditto for Jedi Luke. But I'm stoked about the figure nonetheless!

Wow, what a difference lighting and photography can make!

That looks excellent! Face is still just a TAD full, and I would like to see better detailed paint apps on the hair, but otherwise that's one nice figure.

I own pretty much zero SW stuff, but sadly, for my wallet's sake, that may change now. :D

Andy or any other Sideshow employee listening: Can you please post pictures of Han before the last second changes? I really want to see Han the way he was originally intended. I'm thinking since he looks nothing like Harrison Ford anyway, maybe the sculpt would stand better on it's own with the original eyebrows and bags. BTW, I never suggested those changes in the first place...

Just to remind people... (and maybe I should just ctrl+v this every time people start complaining like madmen) here's what Andy has to say about it:

I understand as much as anyone how tempting/entertaining these photoshop touch-ups can be, although it's true that all the armchair quarterbacking doesn't always have the effect you might hope it does.

The truth is (speaking as a sculptor of these pieces), there is virtually no flaw you can point out that I'm not already brutally aware of. We've been studying and re-studying these likenesses for months before they are ever shown to the public, it's extremely rare that someone will notice something after viewing the figure for 5 minutes that we haven't already realized ourselves (again, I'm talking about the sculpture specifically, NOT the paint). The unfortunate fact of the matter is (most of the time) that there is only so much tweaking that can be done on any given piece, due to demands made by the production schedule and direction/revisions by the licensor. So, while many folks think they might be doing us a favor or "keeping us on our toes" by "fixing" all of our apparently sub-par work, in reality sometimes it feels more like re-inserting a knife into an open wound and twisting it around.

Don't get me wrong.... We make these products the absolute best that we possibly can. But this is an art form, and there's a saying about sculpture that I've always adhered to: "A sculpture is never finished, only abandoned". I believe Leonardo Da Vinci said that. The point is, a sculpture could be worked, and worked, and worked some more, until the end of time, and still not be perfect. We simply do the best we possibly can in the timeframe we're given. An individual figure doesn't earn as much profit for Sideshow as you might think, there is only so much R&D that can go into any given figure before it starts to literally lose money. Given those parameters (which every company in existence follows), I think Sideshow does a pretty bang-up job.

I don't mean to ramble.... And by all means, certainly keep up with all the photoshopping, overlaying, critiquing, etc, to your heart's desire. Your comments ARE extremely valuable. Just know that a little understanding of what goes into these things goes a long way. And if some of these fan-made suggestions don't always appear on the final product (like they did with Han, etc), don't take it to mean that we aren't paying attention or don't care. There are many, many factors involved that might prevent us from always being able to make further revisions on certain figures, but we'll certainly do our best to give you exactly what you want.

Back