1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

You can just use your imagination and play with these figures any way you like, make up any back story you like as well. These are not actual characters in any manga.

synthetic humans are mentioned in his mangas tho, and toa heavy industries so even tho they arent exact to a specific manga character its close, Zoichi Kanoe is a synthetic human in biomega. easy to imagine that when he was created before we see him in manga he looked like the bare synth body via 1000toys. many character designs in the mangas look like the anti-carbs and Kotko genetic camo via 1000toys looks alot like Killy from blame!

GasparZizou read blame! and biomgea asap. blame! is one of the best mangas i have ever read, that first volume is insanely good. so lil dialogue yet so much story telling.

I have biomega loaded up right now, is there a specific reading order?

I'd say not, you can read any of his series in any order. I think the art is the highlight, especially the architecture as I understand Tsutomu Nihei has an architectural background.

The series aren't connected. They just have similar things. Like a cyborg bear will usually show up. Or the main characters all sort of look similar. I think it's just his drawing style. Toa Heavy Industries, this mega corporation, will pop up from time to time, along with the very familiar logo. They'll mention synthetic human here and there.

Blame! came out first, it's really cool. The art is really dark and gritty. Biomega starts off awesome, then it sort of meanders halfway through, but still lots of neat stuff. The art style sort of changes midway through as well - it's not as detailed or gritty feeling, but still very nice. There are some weird 'cutesy' characters that pop in Biomega later as well that I didn't feel fit the tone with the first volume. You'll see what I mean. There's no denying that he knows how to draw awesome bad ass villains that leave body counts in the hundreds. I didn't enjoy Biomega as a whole series as I did with Blame!

Knights of Sidonia is probably his most accessible work story-wise. It's a pretty cool mecha story and the art is nice too, though his art develops even more to an even cleaner style of art - the art style reminds me of Hayao Miyazaki's masterpiece "Nausicaa."

If you're going to buy anything, buy the Darkhorse versions of Blame! which have just come out. They're paperback editions, huge, and showcase the art beautifully.

Well, I'm rarely impressed by landscapes in manga, they have a **** ton of techniques to "reference" buildings :lol

Yeah all manga and anime characters look alike :lol that's not a surprise either.

Nah I'm not buying anything right away, I'll see if I like them first. I guess I'll start with Blame, thanks for the info!

yeah, sadly you missed that one. Snake Eyes is up for PO now, though, and hopefully Storm Shadow will be before the year's out. I wish I could preorder both of them, but I would rather save up for the upcoming Izmojuki kickstarter. Those mechs are some of the coolest toys I've ever seen, honestly.

Snake Eyes is exclusive so not available in normal shops. Same goes for Storm Shadow.

But honestly they don't look good. Synthetic body is too skinny.

You should just get Indra.

Welp, just hours after posting that I would pass on the G.I. Joe line, I found a review of Snake Eyes that made it look seriously cool, found one for retail on eBay and went for it. So much for that :wink1:

Good luck! I personally wouldn't pay what any of the current eBay sellers are asking for Kokto

It's insane

same thing was said back when Synthetic Test Human (exclusive) was released.

back then folks were asking for $300, twice the original $150 tag.

but if you check now, it's way more than $300.

I doubt they will rerelease them apart from the original synthetic.

No. Some are BAIT exclusives, some are comic con exclusives, the normal release for this line has been sold officially on 1000toys

But I have seen some online shops previously offering CARB.

But seems they are going mass retail for their 1/12.

Their other non 1/6 products seems to be widely available.

ebay are just resellers.

Back