1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

I'm gonna hold off on the 1/12th as well. I really wish we had gotten a shipping update for the 1/6th, even if it was just saying it is gonna be in the second half of October... I'm just too anxious lol

What is the price for the 1\12?

What is the price for the 1\12?

$65 shipped.

■Product Information
・Product Name : 1/12 TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human
・Pre-Order Start : October 5th, 2016
・Delivery Date : TBA
・Item Price : $65(USD, Shipping Included)
・Online Shop : 1000toys.jp
■Product Explanation
The prototype build of the male type Synthetic Human was developed by TOA Heavy Industries for special operations.
The Synthetic Human will be stationed to the TOA Heavy Industries headquarters as a multi-role agent.
Being able to adapt to various environments, the Synthetic Human has a very high level of combat ability. But due to being a prototype, his outer aspects are incomplete, with the facial mask being a mere shell which mimics the human face.
The early stage prototype of the Synthetic Human has a self-learning A.I. installed.
First time in 1/12 scale, this is not a mere downsized version of the original 1/6 TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human, but a more brushed up version with articulation, gimmick and outline optimized to fit the 1/12 scale body size.

I really am unsure what to do. Like others have mentioned though - they're bound to do another run at some point.

Maybe I'll pick up a couple to play with.

how does one get to preorder these figures? do they take paypal?

They only accept Zims by post:

061615zimnote_1280x720.jpg

From 1000toys facebook:

Delivery date adjustment for the 1/6 Synthetic Human(Reproduction Ver.)
Yesterday, we made a trip to the domestic factory in Tottori Prefecture to check on the production of the 1/6 Synthetic Human. The overall quality was top-notch, but the production speed required improvement, and we had to make adjustments between the quality and delivery time.
As a result, delivery for the 1/6 Synthetic Human will be postponed to mid-November.
We apologize for keeping everyone waiting for so long, but please bear with us for a bit longer.
*We will be bringing the factory sample we got today fresh from the production line to NYCC, so those of you who can make it to the event, please come to our booth and take a hands-on look at the figure and experience its quality.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! More delay! Well, as long there is no issue with the final product.

I'm actually a little annoyed and, despite their assurances, a little concerned about what the quality will be. This is far from their first time making this exact same figure. They should have it down by now! Definitely not ordering the 1/12 with this news.

Shipping for the 1/6th scale synthetic human has once again been pushed back... now it's mid November!!! I really can not stress how disappointing this purchase has been. I can sadly say I'm never ordering from this company again. I don't care how nice the figures are, I'm so sick if getting jagged around...

Photos along with the delayed post. At least they gave detail on the delay rather than nothing.

14519768_1130604707023524_5936313925183137389_n.jpg

14479578_1130604763690185_9092642465420807327_n.jpg

14485163_1130604830356845_2658715262176006756_n.jpg

14502953_1130604897023505_4842151417277837832_n.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks this ordeal has been really unprofessional? You shouldn't keep your customers who have already given you their money waiting this long. They will lose future customers because of this...

With all the delay, they should provide some kind of freebie! Maybe like a sword to hold or something.

I agree about the freebie but I doubt they will...

Am I the only one who thinks this ordeal has been really unprofessional? You shouldn't keep your customers who have already given you their money waiting this long. They will lose future customers because of this...

No. They won't. They are the only ones making these and they sell like hot cakes. Two people whining about delays does not equal a customer revolt.
It's just a delay. Calm down.
Even if you don't buy from them again, because they ALWAYS sell out, it just means some other lucky soul will win because you didn't buy. The end result is the same. It will still sell out. You're new here, so let me break it to you gently. Things like this always have delays. Just be patient.

With all the delay, they should provide some kind of freebie! Maybe like a sword to hold or something.

You were already content to buy the product and you have already paid for it.
What has this delay really cost you?
Nothing. And yet you want freebies for having to wait?

Shipping for the 1/6th scale synthetic human has once again been pushed back... now it's mid November!!! I really can not stress how disappointing this purchase has been. I can sadly say I'm never ordering from this company again. I don't care how nice the figures are, I'm so sick if getting jagged around...

Please stop trying to rile the thread. This is over the top. They really haven't messed about and kept everyone updated. I suggest you contact them if you feel so strongly and cancel your order.

No. They won't. They are the only ones making these and they sell like hot cakes. Two people whining about delays does not equal a customer revolt.
It's just a delay. Calm down.
Even if you don't buy from them again, because they ALWAYS sell out, it just means some other lucky soul will win because you didn't buy. The end result is the same. It will still sell out. You're new here, so let me break it to you gently. Things like this always have delays. Just be patient.

You were already content to buy the product and you have already paid for it.
What has this delay really cost you?
Nothing. And yet you want freebies for having to wait?

:exactly: Well said. A few people are quick to jump on with the moaning. Ridiculous.

Delays happen a lot in this business. Most delays go on for a lot longer. Most companies don't bother to update their customers at all, let alone in such detail.

DO things like this always have long delays? I've been collecting for a decade now, mostly Japanese stuff like figmas and Nendos, and there's occasionally month delays but usually nothing more than that. Maybe it's the fact that they're a tiny company?

Honestly, they have handled this as well as they could - I do appreciate the updates - but I'm still a little anxious about the delay. I hope that the quality really will be as good as they say.

DO things like this always have long delays? I've been collecting for a decade now, mostly Japanese stuff like figmas and Nendos, and there's occasionally month delays but usually nothing more than that. Maybe it's the fact that they're a tiny company?

Honestly, they have handled this as well as they could - I do appreciate the updates - but I'm still a little anxious about the delay. I hope that the quality really will be as good as they say.

Yes. There's often delays. That's why a lot of companies only say Q3 or Q4 etc, because they've learnt their lessons previously and don't like all the hassle from collectors that specific dates cause. Speaking of small companies, go look at Big Chief Studios. They've delayed their figures several times each, months at a go. I paid for preorders well over a year ago for items that were supposed to be released 6 months back. Big Chief only gave one quality update. The only reason people realise there's delays is because they shift the date on their site now and again, pushing them back - no messages, emails or FB posts saying a damn thing. Blitzway delayed recently too. This company has given updates - can't ask for better than that.

There's zero reason to be nervous about them, they have been very upfront so far. But, it's not up to me to convince you otherwise.

Being nervous about things is like my default state of existence. Don't worry about it.

It's probably a combination of small company and newer company. GSC/MF have made so many Nendo/figmas by now that there's probably not too many surprises in the production process. 1000toys and Blitzway just haven't had the time to get good yet.

I agree that there is little reason to be nervous about the quality.

I agree that it the detailed updates are a pleasant change from the usual "no communications" from companies like Hot Toys or, God help us all, Play Imaginative.

I agree that delays are common in the 1/6 arena.

But I also agree that yet another delay is highly aggravating. They are not called 1/6 figures because we should expect delays of 1/6 of a year. That is significant. This is a figure they have made before - it should not require a 1/6 of a year delay to 'tighten up some joints/quality'.

Also, unlike the competition, 1000toys required payment up front. So while 1000toys have enjoyed the well-over $150,000 early payments and the interest it generates every month; we sit here with empty hands and two thumbs up our patient asses.

1000toys absolutely should include an extra accessory for this delay. They won't - but they should.

Back