1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

Sorry; I asked the guy who took most of the ones I saw for permission to repost, but he has not yet responded. If you ask to join the '1000 toys fan group' on facebook you'll get a whole load of them from different people, or just check out Chuichi Ono's Instagram (link below) for a quick look at almost everything. From what I can see, the photos in order from newest to oldest are:

• 1/12 Synthetic Human and CaRB figures in front of the 1/6 originals
  • Five photos of Izmojuki mechs; I don't think we've seen the first one, which has more humanoid proportions, before. It seems like five basic frames are on show here: Busker, Loader, Probe, Rover and Worker
  • Ludens, the mascot of Hideo Kojima's new studio (note that the first and third Ludens photos are of the 1000Toys figure; the second is a Figma)
  • Two Jomon Kugutu designs; the one on the right (red body, gold mask) is the first release and the one on the left is the second
  • Storm Shadow
  • The Yoji Shinkawa design, yet unnamed

https://www.instagram.com/chuichiono/

Ludens is magnificient.
Hope it gets released soon.

Looking for 1/6 Synthetic Human Limited Figure SDCC Exclusive. Not Looking to pay over $500 or so. Thanks

Hii! First time posting here! I'm so crazy about the Synthetic Human character! The poses he can reach is what amazes me the most. That, and that I have a thing for robots lol! Anyway, I made the preorder some time ago and now I can't wait to have it here already! I've been watching this thread from the beginning especially to see the photos and wow.. I have to say I've enjoyed a lot. I hope I can take some good shots too and share them with you here.

I've read that in some comments people wondered if 1000toys would make sometime a female partner for our Synthetic Human. That would be so awesome... I hope they read on the forums and find these messages, they would see it can be a good bussiness! In fact, I've been already thinking of getting (in the future) a female character that fits his size, and damn that's difficult to find! It would be very nice if they made it. What do you think?
See you soon, I'll be around!

Just a quick heads up since I noticed on time this time around - the 1000toys Snake Eyes thing is available on the BAIT store for a short while, very tempted since the base body is basically a black synthetic human. But nah, with those gloves, not for me

(Still very annoyed though that I managed to completely miss that brief preorder period for the originals! )

I just saw it on Facebook. $230 hmmm. I don't like the feet. So basically the weapons and hands for $100 more than the original? I was excite before but I think I will pass too.

I just saw it on Facebook. $230 hmmm. I don't like the feet. So basically the weapons and hands for $100 more than the original? I was excite before but I think I will pass too.

Weapons, new sculpts, new paint app, and an outfit. It's totally not worth buying if you're just looking for the original Synthetic Human body, but otherwise I think it's cool and worthwhile. I've been following this line for about a year, managed to get the test rig, CRC and the reissue—so at this point I'm happy to see them moving away from the Synthetic Human design.

Yeah, basically my plans if I ever manage to get ahold of one of these guys revolves around the white/grey aesthetic... Kinda hoping the figures revealed at SDCC have decent options there, since I do like the extra-huge masks that cover up the internal skull of those two undercover characters they were showing.

I do admit the Snake Eyes figure is extremely tempting, (robotic/cyborg ninja assassin vs Iron Man anyone?) but given the current collapse of the pound against everything else I'm focusing on the figures that I really do want right now, rather than the impulse buys. (Such as you can say that in a hobby like this!)

That and my purchasing decisions wrt 1000toys revolves around my plans with the rest of my 1/6 group (which terribly revolves almost entirely around Tony Stark - and well I wanted an implied android body for JARVIS that was distinctly different to Iron Man, Iron Legion, Vision and Ultron... Yeah I'm one of those terrible 1/6 collectors who's display is half figures as is, and half stuff put together for the heck of it/that terrible internet phrase "headcanon"...)

but given the current collapse of the pound against everything else I'm focusing on the figures that I really do want right now, rather than the impulse buys. (Such as you can say that in a hobby like this!)

Yeah. We are now at a point where the UK price is higher in pounds than the price in Dollars... It sucks, but it will eventually settle.

Yeah I'm one of those terrible 1/6 collectors who's display is half figures as is, and half stuff put together for the heck of it/that terrible internet phrase "headcanon"...)

We all do that on occasion. Half my collection are "what if?" random customs from my own imagination.

Yeah. We are now at a point where the UK price is higher in pounds than the price in Dollars... It sucks, but it will eventually settle.

We all do that on occasion. Half my collection are "what if?" random customs from my own imagination.

Hah! Yeah I certainly hope it doesn't continue to collapse.

It's good to know that other people on here are doing similar things! I wouldn't call myself a customizer worthy of using that subforum - but kitbashing is well within my purview, and well to keep things vaguely on topic I really want to mix and match some Starboost/Bones Iron Man parts with a synthetic human body eventually. (As well as keeping one synthetic human as is for display, unlikely given their availability but one can dream!)

That would be cool; I wonder if the ball-joints are compatible without modding. I know you can fit the 1/6-scale Iron Man hands on these guys with some very minor work.

Yeah I'd love to actually get one of these guys in hand and find out how feasible this vague plan is. But I suspect I'm now in the boat of having to wait until those undercover masked guys are released, and also a wait and see for more details to see if they'd actually be worth picking up when all I'm really after is the base body (still kicking myself for managing to miss the news about the recent pre-order!)

Still until that happens my wallet (which is dying a slow death induced by Hot Toys pre-orders...) will be happy that I'm not straining it again.

When is the reissue suppose to be ship out?

Yep! Sadly it's to my New York address, and I won't be there until September.

I haven't gotten anything yet.

My bad; it's probably the 1/12-scale Mechatro WeGo I preordered a while back.

Back