1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

Yeah the shoes are goofy

somehow i find the jacket awkward. no matter how i arrange it it still looks baggie. I think the collar area is too high? or maybe they should have given it a proper collar?

The half hair piece looks awkward too. like a middle age man with hair falling from top to back... should have been a full piece mang...

Lots of potential stains with the all black fabrics and spandex.

left the mace in the box. not digging it.

also a tip, don't fully unzip the jacket zippers if you plan to zipping it back, it's a big pain to slot the zipper back.

somehow i find the jacket awkward. no matter how i arrange it it still looks baggie. I think the collar area is too high? or maybe they should have given it a proper collar?

The half hair piece looks awkward too. like a middle age man with hair falling from top to back... should have been a full piece mang...

Lots of potential stains with the all black fabrics and spandex.

left the mace in the box. not digging it.

Clothing has been 1000toys weakest aspect on all their clothed releases. I also do not like the half hair but I knew it would be only half hair from the get go so it didn't really bother me much; although, I did glue the hair onto mine because it won't stay on. I also agree that the mace just doesn't do it for me even though I think the retractable chain is cool. I've sold all my other 1000toys releases cause they bore me but I think I will keep this one because I like the face and the weathering on the clothes and the gun

Clothing has been 1000toys weakest aspect on all their clothed releases. I also do not like the half hair but I knew it would be only half hair from the get go so it didn't really bother me much; although, I did glue the hair onto mine because it won't stay on. I also agree that the mace just doesn't do it for me even though I think the retractable chain is cool. I've sold all my other 1000toys releases cause they bore me but I think I will keep this one because I like the face and the weathering on the clothes and the gun

did you super glue it or just paper glue, you know a blue tac would work well. mine isn't really tight but it doesn't fall off like a wig. would be a pain to remove the face plate if you superglued the hair.

the clothes ain't bad quality wise, Kokto's jacket feels abit baggy and pants well abit loose but hey there's the belt.

did the original design also have half wig in Blame? The Mace might be nice if it's all Black.

also i feel lack a pair of relaxed hands.

No I'm pretty sure the characters in blame had full heads of hair....I think it's a 1000toys thing to do half hair. Yeah I super glued it, if I need to take the face off I'll manage I just wanted the hair affixed permanently. I agree the mace would be better painted without the neon and relaxed hands would have been nice.

I dig the figure but I'm not sure I'm going to keep it. I wish it had come with a set of articulatied hands and feet.
513b8d153d1819188053554b49a6fdf2.jpg
637fff9e37039b5d54ea83e4f44a1d53.jpg

Articulated human hands have never been good in 1/6-scale—they just never look natural.

Last edited:

Damn - managed to completely miss the ordering period for these guys yet again... And I had been following their FB page. Will continue to vicariously admire everyone's photos and keep my fingers crossed for another re-release!

I'm looking for an affordable 1/6 Synthetic Human Test Body SDCC Limited figure. Anyone who would like to sell theirs, please contact me. Thank you

Depends who you're dealing with. A member on the Kidrobot forums sold me his for $220, and he knew the value. Some collectors are just good people who can afford not to sell a figure for four times as much as they paid. But no, you will never get a good deal on eBay. The figure will become more sought-after with the Synthetic Human reissue, because 1000Toys have said they will not reissue the SDCC version. Plus they showed off bunch of new products at this year's SDCC--I remember at least five unreleased figures--so the company's profile is only going up.

Depends who you're dealing with. A member on the Kidrobot forums sold me his for $220, and he knew the value. Some collectors are just good people who can afford not to sell a figure for four times as much as they paid. But no, you will never get a good deal on eBay. The figure will become more sought-after with the Synthetic Human reissue, because 1000Toys have said they will not reissue the SDCC version. Plus they showed off bunch of new products at this year's SDCC--I remember at least five unreleased figures--so the company's profile is only going up.

I ordered three of the new one, so i might try a variant test version when they arrive. If these were only more available, i reckon they would still sell like hot cakes.

Definitely. But I'm glad they're limiting production of the original, and not for silly 'collectability' reasons. Take a look at all the stuff 1000Toys showed at their SDCC event. G.I. Joe, the new Kojima game, and more importantly, two original lines. This company is going places!

Definitely. But I'm glad they're limiting production of the original, and not for silly 'collectability' reasons. Take a look at all the stuff 1000Toys showed at their SDCC event. G.I. Joe, the new Kojima game, and more importantly, two original lines. This company is going places!

i think it's under sentinel, since sentinel been producing metal gear stuffs.

and no that is not G.I Joe, but synthetic human snake version.

btw it's funny how everyone's all upset about the red eyes and wig on fb.

i think it's under sentinel, since sentinel been producing metal gear stuffs.

and no that is not G.I Joe, but synthetic human snake version.

They are specifically doing their own versions of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, which are GI Joe characters. They have also showed off a proto of Ludens, the mascot of Kojima's new studio, and a design by Yoji Shinkawa, who did a lot of character designs for MGS. All of this was at a private event at SDCC. Will get photos up later.

Ack! :panic: The new stuff at their SDCC store... Really hope some of these things end up on their website sooner rather than later!

The only thing available at SDCC was Snake Eyes, and that was an opportunity to buy early—they've said there were no SDCC exclusives this year. I agree though; hopefully sooner rather than later. I mostly hope that the licensed stuff for Death Stranding doesn't hold up the Izmojuki and Kugutu (the modular mechs and the demon-looking things inspired by Japanese lacquerware).

Back