1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

That makes more sense than it being just one person.

I am not feeling these ones, which is good news for my wallet. Anyone else getting a slight ThreeA vibe off them?

Definitely similar looking to some three A characters but it has to do with Nihei's Blame and Biomega characters. He made those back in 98 and 04.

Looks like these four guys are two main designs (helmet and no helmet) with two different weapon loadouts. I'll get one of these just for the body but I'm waiting on the all black and Indra.

yeah must be considered big in the 1/6 world.:dunno

Bn5Tr6B.jpg

my fav is far left. :clap RYOKUMA. weapon seems most nihei-ish IMO.

Looks to me it's just the weapon & extra helmet for the 2, rest are the same, what a good way to milk customers.

Fast learners.
A set with two HS and all the weapons would have been too customer friendly.
Well they are passionate and are trying to grow how could you blame them, poor poor things :)

The black synthetic looks very cool, too bad about the different arms and legs.
Would have been cool to have an extra normal alternate set of 1arms/1legs to have a full negative version of the original white synth.

Indra looks nice, the bd mask is cool.
Hope he comes with weapons and hands.

Armored Indra cant be here soon enough.

On a side note i hope to see some Blame figure too one day.

The Anti CaRB Squad have all different colors on the body too... not just different weapons.
Check the legs : green, red, blue and yellow

Can make the red but not the rest.
Don't care really. Only the design itself counts for me, im not the type who buys different colors of the same design :)

Fast learners.
A set with two HS and all the weapons would have been too customer friendly.
Well they are passionate and are trying to grow how could you blame them, poor poor things :)

The black synthetic looks very cool, too bad about the different arms and legs.
Would have been cool to have an extra normal alternate set of 1arms/1legs to have a full negative version of the original white synth.

Indra looks nice, the bd mask is cool.
Hope he comes with weapons and hands.

Armored Indra cant be here soon enough.

On a side note i hope to see some Blame figure too one day.

But don't forget these are the folks that's reluctant to release more of their production, and rather spend their time & effort in producing newer products than make a rerun, shows that profit is not their main concern, since from a business point of view, rerunning the synthetic human would yield better sales at lower production cost compared to making smaller runs & releasing new figures, many people would want to purchase the original synthetic so i say it's opportunity lost for them.

I won't be surprised if they released the variants, but the total quantity remains more or less the same as the synthetic, it would be even harder to purchase, if they produce 1500 superb synthetic base body, i doubt they would release more than that number for these variants.

Hot Toys probably produce 5000 for each of their TT base bodies while maybe 2000 of their completed figures. Simply because it's cheaper to do so and people are willing to buy those base bodies. This is 1 good way of recovering the R&D cost & make profit for their completed figures.

shows that profit is not their main concern, since from a business point of view, rerunning the synthetic human would yield better sales at lower production cost compared to making smaller runs & releasing new figures

Exactly this. Don't judge their output by Hot Toys' standards. This is a different beast; artists not entrepreneurs. It has its advantages and its disadvantages but, judging by the extraordinary innovations in the Synthetic Human, I am quite happy to watch what they come up with. If you need two headsculpts and shedloads of weapons and spend $250, there are other companies out there pushing out that sort of stuff.

Exactly this. Don't judge their output by Hot Toys' standards. This is a different beast; artists not entrepreneurs. It has its advantages and its disadvantages but, judging by the extraordinary innovations in the Synthetic Human, I am quite happy to watch what they come up with. If you need two headsculpts and shedloads of weapons and spend $250, there are other companies out there pushing out that sort of stuff.

Either that or they just trying to play the 3A game by making their products hard to get hold of, so they can keep the hype up. But I believe most people already lost interest in this line because of the limited quantities & long break between each release, just look at this thread you get the idea. If they ran a 3rd run before announcing the new line up it would have help boost the interest.

I dont need 2HS and ****load of weapons. But they are here.
Might as weel make them available in one set.
And from what ive seen only 1000toys are producing Nihei inspired figures, so....
Base body was 120/140$ you think this one is not gonna hit AT LEAST 190$?
So you gonna end up with AT LEAST 350$ if you want the Helmet and hs...
No thanks.
But hey you re not forced to buy as would somebody would probably say, but man when i see some release who were packed with accessories and these days getting one extra acessories is considered grand by some collectors i can only regret that i did not invest in the biz.

I dont need 2HS and ****load of weapons. But they are here.
Might as weel make them available in one set.
And from what ive seen only 1000toys are producing Nihei inspired figures, so....
Base body was 120/140$ you think this one is not gonna hit AT LEAST 190$?
So you gonna end up with AT LEAST 350$ if you want the Helmet and hs...
No thanks.
But hey you re not forced to buy as would somebody would probably say, but man when i see some release who were packed with accessories and these days getting one extra acessories is considered grand by some collectors i can only regret that i did not invest in the biz.

It's called relativity, when people were selling parts for figures separately like Head, Body, Clothes and someone sells a completed figure that comes with head/body & clothes, man, that's what i call Grand, Luxurious & Prestige, so when someone else releases a completed figure that comes with a machete, well that's off the chart man!

Either that or they just trying to play the 3A game by making their products hard to get hold of, so they can keep the hype up. But I believe most people already lost interest in this line because of the limited quantities & long break between each release, just look at this thread you get the idea. If they ran a 3rd run before announcing the new line up it would have help boost the interest.

This seems to be a Japanese sales model when it comes to collectors' stuff; the extremely limited release, the long delay between releases, the lottery etc. It can seem pointlessly complicated and is likely to put some people off, but it is not unusual. As I have said, they don't seem to be in it for the money, so no reason for them to change. Having said that, they do seem to be listening to customer feedback on FB (except from those demanding that they give them what they want just because they want it and therefore have an unassailable right to have it. They ignore those). It is possible they might tweak their sales model at some point.

"1000toys is proud to present to you,
"Toa Heavy Industries 1/6 CaRB (Collared and Reprogrammed Body)"

PRE-ORDER SCHEDULE: From 12th MAY 2015, 11AM(JST)
ONLINE SHOP: 1000toys
PRICE: USD $150 (SHIPPING INCLUDED)
RELEASE SCHEDULE: END OF JULY, 2015 (Estimated)
PURCHASE LIMIT: 1pc / PERSON

The product is currently on display at Thailand Toy Expo 2015!

NOTICE:
【Member Registration】 The account information registered at the previous website (東亜重工 - TOUA Heavy Industries) cannot be used at the new online shop(1000toys). Everyone is required to register a new account at the new online shop while placing the order.
【 Payment 】 PayPal only. Please be noted that some of the Japanese credit cards including Saison card and UC card are not available. Please check with your credit card company for availability.
Details including purchase method will follow soon before sales begin."

This is the one we have been calling the black assassin. At $150 inc, that isn't a bad price. No info yet on the size of the run and whether it will be time limited or number limited. It has been asked, so I suspect they will come back on that.

Good thing they limited to one per order.
Still undecided tho...
Doubt it will be a hit as big as the white one...

looking forward to this!:clap

so the squad we saw where they are all similar is a anti-CaRB team. so its them vs the reprogrammed assassin CaRB synth.

The black assassin figure reminds me of Nishu from Biomega. She had that weird cannon forearm but you only see it when she's in trouble. Indra definitely looks like Zoichi, so I guess this next wave is very Biomega inspired. I'm getting one of the bad guys with an apron so I can make a custom Hidguide figure.

This seems to be a Japanese sales model when it comes to collectors' stuff; the extremely limited release, the long delay between releases, the lottery etc. It can seem pointlessly complicated and is likely to put some people off, but it is not unusual. As I have said, they don't seem to be in it for the money, so no reason for them to change. Having said that, they do seem to be listening to customer feedback on FB (except from those demanding that they give them what they want just because they want it and therefore have an unassailable right to have it. They ignore those). It is possible they might tweak their sales model at some point.

Rarely Japanese toy companies do that, they are pretty generous in terms to their targeted market which is usually Japan, you don't find it difficult to order exclusives whether it's online shop, or magazine coupon exclusives they always make enough for them. They do have some ultra extremely difficult to get releases that's normally in form of lucky draw or top competition prizes to attract people & also give a sense of premium, but these are special case. They make sure everyone in their target market has a chance.

Stuffs like Country specific expo only exclusives, people like us don't have much chance other than going tru resellers.

I would blame Sideshow more for making exclusives a norm in the market. Japanese companies rarely release items with exclusive accessories but now they start to do so to encourage preorders. And again, unlike Sideshow, they make sure they have enough exclusives for everyone wanting one.

Now. I tried ordering and got to the Paypal site, but it had an error after that... I have a feeling I'm going to miss this one too. Traffic on the site must be insane.

Back