1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

As in, the first one. It's interesting that I see 'OG' (original gangster) used to describe it in some of my other collecting communities—possibly a result of the 1000Toys community containing a lot of ThreeA and other artsy 1/6 collectors, as well as vinyl fans. You see references to the 'OG' release of something a lot because the vinyl business (and ThreeA) is so big on repaints and modified re-releases/minor iterations on past designs. So vinyl/ThreeA fans in the groups I'm in refer to the original Synthetic as 'OG', and I pick the language up.

Sorry for being so off-topic; I just found it interesting.

As in, the first one. It's interesting that I see 'OG' (original gangster) used to describe it in some of my other collecting communities—possibly a result of the 1000Toys community containing a lot of ThreeA and other artsy 1/6 collectors, as well as vinyl fans. You see references to the 'OG' release of something a lot because the vinyl business (and ThreeA) is so big on repaints and modified re-releases/minor iterations on past designs. So vinyl/ThreeA fans in the groups I'm in refer to the original Synthetic as 'OG', and I pick the language up.

That is very interesting...
I couldn't find any OG synthetic humans on Ebay. Carb aplenty, and those anti-carb figures, plus the rare test version.
But none of the original.
What's the market worth of the original right now?

why not wait for re-release? when the og had a 2nd run only dif was decal on back of neck i think.

if the quality of the re-release is the same as the original, it's a no-brainer unless you're set on having a complete collection. The lowest price for an original model sold on eBay recently is over $600.

i though OG stands for Original Generation, which is typical to describe the 1st release of a sneakers, and subsequently OG retro as a re-release of the original generation as close to as it was, and retro to describe re-release of the original generation with noticeable changes.

For example Air Jordan OG, Air Jordan OG Retro, Air Jordan Retro.

or maybe it's just the short term for Original lol.

OG in hip-hop culture is 'original gangster'; perhaps the sneaker term is derived from that? Or maybe they are two independent definitions. The sneaker enthusiast term has its own meaning in sneaker communities now, with its own shades of meaning like OG Retro, but I think it's derived from the same thing.

OG in hip-hop culture is 'original gangster'; perhaps the sneaker term is derived from that? Or maybe they are two independent definitions. The sneaker enthusiast term has its own meaning in sneaker communities now, with its own shades of meaning like OG Retro, but I think it's derived from the same thing.

I think it just means OriGinal. or Original Generation.

Original Ganster doesn't make much sense when you use it to describe an original model because "Original" does the job.

When AJ1 1st released, they just call them AJ1, after many years they re-released the exact AJ1, to differentiate both they call them AJ1 & AJ1 Retros, then after many years Nike re-re-released another AJ1 which has modifications to the original design, people start calling the AJ1 as AJ1 OG, AJ1 Retros as AJ1 OG Retros and the newer modified retros AJ1 Retros, then people started complaining about the difference between the Retros and the OG & OG Retros so Nike re-re-re-release another AJ1 now with closer to OG & OG Retros design with modern technology & materials, now I don't know what they call it, but seems like hype beast are tagging them as OG Retros, and just calling both OG & OG Retros (since both are 97% same shoes) as OG, and to differentiate the Original OG with the Re-release OG, I guess they subtitled the OG as 1st release.

if the quality of the re-release is the same as the original, it's a no-brainer unless you're set on having a complete collection. The lowest price for an original model sold on eBay recently is over $600.

Geez. If i thought i could turn my original around and afford BD Robocop+Murphy, i'd list it right now, lol.

Geez. If i thought i could turn my original around and afford BD Robocop+Murphy, i'd list it right now, lol.

Haha! I think of that all the time. I want to sell my SDCC version and make some cash for preorders, but I know I'll never get one at a reasonable price again.

they are a new and smaller company so i imagine the runs are not very large. the exclusive runs like the sdcc test rig are most likely even smaller.

The test rig is seriously hard to track down at a reasonable price. Honestly not worth it at eBay rates IMO. There are customisers who can do some amazing paintjobs on the cheaper figures and the total price would come out to less than the test version, for a unique figure.

Last edited:

sans the cool decals and weathering/damage my fav part of test rig is the awesome clear faceplate.:clap

Back