1/6th silicon joker head in works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hydeous, not the Joker, future projects. the Joker is for the guys that supported me doing this.
I do not plan on doing these all the time especially after all the commotion , If I do it will be again for a few people , although they are small for one guy with allot on my table it is a ton of work and very long hours.
next one is reeve and a zod, maybe I will stop there, maybe not , not sure.

I hope you continue to work your magic in the world of 1/6. Oh how I'd love to see you tackle a Jack Joker and characters from Inception. Heck anything in any scale from Inception would be awesome. :pray:

I would argue that the difference would like being getting an original painting from an artist as opposed to getting a mass produced print of the same painting. The original would always be more valuable and desirable.

Um.. no. A painting's value is based on the painter's name and if it's a one-of-a-kind piece. Among other things, but those two are very important.

The fact is, most collectors (who buy this kind of stuff) could care less about a customizers name or if the piece they are getting is a one-of-a-kind. Most if not ALL collectors who buy customized pieces know they're getting recasted/modified head sculpts. And regardless of how highly some people regard customizers on boards like this the fact remains the final finished piece dictates demand. Not the person's name who's behind it.

If a completely unknown sculptor popped up right now and offered up a great looking sculpt they'd get $$$ for it. And depending on the finished result the price might be astronomical but people would STILL pay for it (if they really wanted it). No one would care that the sculptor/seller was a no-name.

No unknown painter could pop up right now, paint up something and get the same or anywhere near the same amount of money that famous painter's get for their artwork at auction.

Just like no one on here would pay anywhere near what BobbyC is charging for his stuff if it looked crappy. Because they aren't buying these pieces for his name. Or Figure Master Les' name, or any other customizer's name. They buy these pieces for the finished product.

Customers for this type of stuff are only concerned about the finished product. Paintings are completely different. A painting by Van Gogh, even one that isn't considered to be among his best can still for a ginormous amount of money. Because the majority of people who buy artwork buy it for the artist's name and they buy it for it's value as an original piece.

Apples and Oranges TBH.

Bobby, truly some beautiful work. Thanks for sharing your site with us. I swear I thought that full scale Ledger was actually the real deal when I saw the first pic. Truly amazing artistry, bravo.

Hydeous, not the Joker, future projects. the Joker is for the guys that supported me doing this.
I do not plan on doing these all the time especially after all the commotion , If I do it will be again for a few people , although they are small for one guy with allot on my table it is a ton of work and very long hours.
next one is reeve and a zod, maybe I will stop there, maybe not , not sure.

Thanks for the explanation, Bob.

You are indeed a gentleman and a scholar :clap

my highest admiration to you sir :)

Bobby, the technique you use for the Joker hair, would it work on a Hot Toys joker? Because the sculpt material seems really hard and I was wondering if you are using a softer material for your sculpts to pinch the hair through?

Human hair is too thick for 1/6th scale. What kind of hair are you using to get these results?

No problem Nygma, here is the thing I will explain it again, what I'm doing is for everyone, not just 5 people, My goal is to go to the companies and teach them how this is done in a possibly faster way.
this way everyone can get a extremely realistic head for the same price..
This is the goal.
I was ignored already By CM and Hot toys, I offered to do the Reeve sculpt for both companies with no response. Trust me I do not get rich from this, can hardly pay my bills now.
My end goal is to leave a mark on the collecting world.
so we will see what happens.
In the meantime I will get some more pictures together as soon as the eyes come in.

I feel horrible now :crying :monkey2

Tibetan wool is great, I have to dye it to match the hair color

I wonder where one can buy Tibetan wool in the UK... all I'm finding is rugs.

Neat! It's America though. :/

I can't stand bidding though, I've never won a bid yet.

Just found some in the UK. Even already dyed lime!

The amusing thing is the postage costs more than the item. £1.75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back