1/6th Scale TESB Yoda & Dagobah Hut Environment!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow 1:6 TESB Yoda & Dagobah Hut Environment!

man yoda arrives in 2 days how can I wait,,can't stand it sooo excited!

:joy

yoda1.jpg

yoda2.jpg

yoda3.jpg

yoda4.jpg

yoda5.jpg

Nice pics! We need to see some side-by-side shots with Medi-Yoda.

I don't have my Medi Yoda here at the office, but I compared them last night and I can honestly say Sideshow looks better... but Medi has better articulation on the head, and I like the fabric from his tunic a bit more.
Also, Medi's head is quite bigger compared to SS, actually, Medi's Yoda is larger than Sideshow, weird right?...

I don't have my Medi Yoda here at the office, but I compared them last night and I can honestly say Sideshow looks better... but Medi has better articulation on the head, and I like the fabric from his tunic a bit more.
Also, Medi's head is quite bigger compared to SS, actually, Medi's Yoda is larger than Sideshow, weird right?...

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Here are a couple of Medi and SSC, side by side. Didn't have time to upload to photobucket so they're of my camera direct.

I think both have their strengths and weaknesses. Love the SSC articulation, but they should have used a ball jointed neck like the Medi Yoda. I could live without the sculpted neck considering you dont see it under his robes.

But that's my two cents.

Thanks for sharing dude!
I agree, both have good and bad things...
I was thinking of getting rid of Medi once Sideshow's arrived, but I'll keep it,
still a very cool figure!

I still haven't decided which one to keep. I like the medicom Yoda but it's head does seem too large. Just wish sideshow's head had articulation.

Last edited:

I still haven't decided which one to keep. I like the medicom Yoda but it's head does seem too large. Just wish sideshow's had articulation.

What do you mean? :confused: Sideshow's has a bunch of articulation. Is my Sarcasm Detector broken?

The joint on the medicom head looks retarded. It does not hide well under the tunics collar.

The likeness on the SS Yoda is worlds better than the Medicom version in every respect from the hands to the feet to head to that damn blissl Yoda wears around his neck- To bad the the chord holding it is rope and not leather. Easy fix.

The only thing that sorta urks me with the SS Yoda is his ears. They are a little high.

The only thing I like about the Medicom Yoda is the fabric they used for his robe. SS robe isnt as nice. The vertical treading should be thicker than the horizontal threaded, So neither figures have a very good representation of the Silk Noil used on the real deal. I guess it would be pretty damn hard to do that at 1/6th scale.

Having said all that- I like the SS best, and I cant wait for mine to get here. So glad they did his hands and feet right. I was afraid that he would have the same hands and feet that the CGI prequel version had. Which are nothing like the puppet hands and feet the ESB version has.

YoNoSe, what body is that Luke on? Looks pretty good!

Lots of good pics here, couldn't be more excited about tomorrow! I was really hoping he would magincally show up today, I have had a couple figures show up a day early in the past.

Sculpt still looks really off to me. Am I still the only one that thinks so or do most of ya feel that it's Yoda and it's the best we've gotten and will probably get in a long time?

Sculpt still looks really off to me. Am I still the only one that thinks so or do most of ya feel that it's Yoda and it's the best we've gotten and will probably get in a long time?

Yes, 100% to your question.

The real Yoda puppet had a series of fabric snaps on his lower neck to hold it down onto the body under the collar. You can see them in the Hut scene when Yoda says "We he finish what he begins" as they have snapped free from the anchoring point on the chest area under the tunic.

21oo3o7.jpg

So SS's neck choice is more accurate as well.

Back