1/6th Scale TESB Yoda & Dagobah Hut Environment!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow 1:6 TESB Yoda & Dagobah Hut Environment!

Sorry, I was referring to the head not being too moveable.

Yeah, the neck is the only negative really. I can get a little up and down movement but it's actually a little wobbly. It does stay put but it's not a fluid movement and it's very limited.

I'm not afraid...to get WASTED! Nice shot Thom!

yoda3.jpg

Thanks Nick! :duff

YoNoSe, what body is that Luke on? Looks pretty good!

Lots of good pics here, couldn't be more excited about tomorrow! I was really hoping he would magincally show up today, I have had a couple figures show up a day early in the past.

Thank you!
That is a regular Truetype with Royce arms. You need a regular (narrow, advanced, old school) Truetype to get the Luke head on without modifying his neck. Luckily his shirt goes up almost to the neck joint. He has kind of a big head which makes the arms, which should be too big for Luke, look approximately in scale.

Sculpt still looks really off to me. Am I still the only one that thinks so or do most of ya feel that it's Yoda and it's the best we've gotten and will probably get in a long time?

I can only speak for myself but this is the best 1/6 Yoda by a mile IMO.

right... it is the best, but is it still way off than it should be? Yoda typically would be a no brainer for me but... something about it still really bothers me.

Not trying to be a debbie downer, I still look forward to more photos, but I don't know why I'm not more excited.

EPIC!!!
DSC08300.jpg

This is how mine will be displayed... gotta go with the snake necklace :rock

right... it is the best, but is it still way off than it should be? Yoda typically would be a no brainer for me but... something about it still really bothers me.

Not trying to be a debbie downer, I still look forward to more photos, but I don't know why I'm not more excited.

"Still way off" is subjective. To me that implies that he doesn't or barely looks like Yoda. Even Hasbro's isn't "still way off." A perfect example of "still way off" would be Medi/EB's Ultimate Fail figure.

I got mine today. The only complaints I have are the bicep swivels were stuck and felt like they couldn't take the force to loosen them. After the freezer trick I got the right one loose but I'm still working on the other one. The head wobbles like he's got parkinson's when handled and his waist is super loose. Overall, he feels a bit fragile and for the price I thought he'd be sturdier. I think he looks good and I won't be putting him into any dynamic poses but I hope they perfect this body by the time they produce another Yoda.

Cool pics of Yoda by every one but did anyone get the Hut Environment? Where are the pics of that or is it like the Emperor and his Throne it will ship later?

EPIC!!!

This is how mine will be displayed... gotta go with the snake necklace :rock

:rock!!

Great shots, Kuzeh!

There've been somegood pics in here of him but these are the first that make me excited to see this figure for myself. Lookn' real good...

Thanks dude!!! As I mentioned earlier, this guy looks great!!
Specially the expression, SIdeshow got it right!!
:rock!

I second that - my exclusive Yoda's getting delivered tomorrow and I was beginning to feel letdown about getting it.

The other pics made it look more like Yoda from Hasbro's 12" Saga assortment than Yoda from ESB. Something about the way the lower half of the face photographed - maybe it just needed the right lighting.

Kuzeh's pics have restored my excitement for this fig - thanks!

I'm glad I could help! Believe me, might sound cliché, but pics don't make this figure justice... And yes, I was after the classic ESB angle...

Cool pics of Yoda by every one but did anyone get the Hut Environment? Where are the pics of that or is it like the Emperor and his Throne it will ship later?

I think so, I cancelled mine though, and I'll get it thru an e-tailer down the road...

"Still way off" is subjective. To me that implies that he doesn't or barely looks like Yoda. Even Hasbro's isn't "still way off." A perfect example of "still way off" would be Medi/EB's Ultimate Fail figure.

I guess what I want is a Yoda that looks like this:

Yoda.sized.jpg

Can anyone recreate that pose por favor? :pray:

I feel the same way, though I wouldn't say it was "way off". But there is something that to me, is throwing it off. Not sure if it's the paint apps or that he just doesn't photograph well.

In my opinion, ESB Yoda tended to look older or more "tired", for lack of a better word. This figure doesn't reflect that in the photos that I've seen. Maybe it is the paint apps. I'm sure we'll see some repaints soon and those may show the sculpt in a better light.

That is one of my favorite stills from ESB! That is the pose I will be using when I get him.

I guess what I want is a Yoda that looks like this:

Yoda.sized.jpg

Can anyone recreate that pose por favor? :pray:

I have no intention of getting this because I am scaling way back on my SW collection. So, just a general observation from the pix posted on-line. I find this new yoda a technically well done figure, but resembles more of a PT yoda than an OT. He just look overall very energetic and clean and new. Not a little lizard that roams around a swamp for the last 20 odd years or so looking tired and old.

Back