1/6th Scale Sideshow Landspeeder (in development)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why I said empty parking lot... but I appreciate your visual demonstration. BTW some RC cars are worth a lot more than $300.

Ya, I know, although an RC Speeder could/would cost more than $300. I don't know about where you live but a lot of kids where I live first practice driving in empty parking lots.:horror :rotfl

Yeah I was just kidding around. Your right though... If it didn't get run over, someone would knock me out and steal it.

I don't think Sideshow will make a RC out of it. However I do have a few lots around me that are dead after 4 pm. I guess it's good to have a few industrial parks close to my neighborhood.

I'm hoping the speeder is made of plastic and that way the price won't be as bad as some of the environments that have been selling lately.

Yeah I was just kidding around. Your right though... If it didn't get run over, someone would knock me out and steal it.

I don't think Sideshow will make a RC out of it. However I do have a few lots around me that are dead after 4 pm. I guess it's good to have a few industrial parks close to my neighborhood.

I'm hoping the speeder is made of plastic and that way the price won't be as bad as some of the environments that have been selling lately.

Ya, I would want a plastic one and it makes sense, lighter,cheaper and durable. I think the Hot Toys tumbler was made that way. I wonder if SS would have Hot Toys do this? Then again why stop at a 1/6 speeder? :rotfl

[ame="https://youtu.be/FqeOGaMAB38"]https://youtu.be/FqeOGaMAB38[/ame]

lol, and I thought I was obsessed!

a landspeeder will be a must have for me...although I would prefer an efx version.

Smaller.

zkG8X.jpg

Would anyone know if Sideshow will be offering a "newer" version of Luke and "old" Ben, when/if the speeder gets released?

I've been shopping around for the older versions of the two figures, but I'm wondering if I should sit tight and wait till the speeder hits the market... and hope there are new figures.

A very nice figure... I've been trying to track one down. That's why I'm wondering if he will be re-released.

I doubt we'll see another ANH Kenobi... Luke is pretty likely though, but maybe not right away. The only thing I could see pushing a quicker release is if they did a pack-in with the Speeder :huh

Luckily the price of the ANH Kenobi has dropped a bit recently, so even though its still more than the original retail, you can probably get one for less than what a new one would cost.

How else wants wheels for the Speeder?:dance

well if the speeder is made of the same material & process as the dewback, probably the best you can hope for is some kind of clear piece on the base that will make it appear to "float"

now Puay........would you really load that speeder up with figures and push it around the house if it had wheels?..... i mean seriously?.

Spoiler Spoiler:

...:lol

well if the speeder is made of the same material & process as the dewback, probably the best you can hope for is some kind of clear piece on the base that will make it appear to "float"

now Puay........would you really load that speeder up with figures and push it around the house if it had wheels?..... i mean seriously?.

Spoiler Spoiler:

...:lol

Good question, never thought about that before... Maybe not around the house, perhaps I will "zoom" the speeder on my work desk.:)

If its gonna cost us $500, how about hitting it out of the park with magnets in the speeder and base to simulate the floating effect. The speeder would just need an anchor to hold it in place.

Back in 1999 I had a pizza hut episode 1 amidala star cruiser that used magnets to float, so if pizza hut could do it, so could sideshow. It would just need a lot more of them and would have to be made of plastic to be light enough.

I doubt we'll see another ANH Kenobi... Luke is pretty likely though, but maybe not right away. The only thing I could see pushing a quicker release is if they did a pack-in with the Speeder :huh

I dunno... Sir Alec Guinness as Ben I think is iconic enough that I could see Hot Toys wanting to take a crack at him. Personally, only way I'd add Ep IV Ben to my collection is if it does eventually get re-released to HT standards (not to diss SSC Ben or those that own that figure and like it). I'm pretty sure that all the older SSC human characters will get a re-release, really. I mean, how do you display HT Bespin Luke next to SSC ANH Solo or Ben without noticing the huge difference in paint quality/sculpt and features like PERS?

If its gonna cost us $500, how about hitting it out of the park with magnets in the speeder and base to simulate the floating effect. The speeder would just need an anchor to hold it in place.

Back in 1999 I had a pizza hut episode 1 amidala star cruiser that used magnets to float, so if pizza hut could do it, so could sideshow. It would just need a lot more of them and would have to be made of plastic to be light enough.

I’m pretty skeptical that even a company like Sideshow would go to that amount of trouble. Plus, an empty land speeder would be one thing, but I imagine most people are going to want to display a 1:6 speeder with Luke, Ben and the droids (don’t really see sense in displaying an empty speeder in same scale as figures, otherwise). No way magnets would be powerful enough to lift all that weight (not to mention compensate for weight not being even throughout speeder). It's a cool idea but doesn't seem feasible.

Last edited:
Back