1/6th Scale Sideshow Landspeeder (in development)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:dunno Just doesn't seem that iconic to me

But if your happy then what do you care what I think:dunno

You must be a younger fan cos anyone that was around when Ep4 happened in 77, was bombarded with the Landspeeder in every related material you could buy.

Not that iconic? It was one of the original three Kenner vehicles released in 1978 (alongside the X-Wing and TIE Fighter) and the one vehicle that pretty much every kid had.

I realize that Australia is not America, but as far as our Star Wars culture is concerned, the Landspeeder is probably the second most iconic vehicle from the first movie (after the Millenium Falcon).

I'm in Australia mate, and ABSOLUTELY it was exactly the same here!

MASSIVELY ICONIC!

Not that iconic? It was one of the original three Kenner vehicles released in 1978 (alongside the X-Wing and TIE Fighter) and the one vehicle that pretty much every kid had.

I realize that Australia is not America, but as far as our Star Wars culture is concerned, the Landspeeder is probably the second most iconic vehicle from the first movie (after the Millenium Falcon).

:dunno I wasn't around in '78. Don't get me wrong. I love A New Hope but the landspeeder is one of my least favourite or 'iconic' vehicles from the saga. I had no idea it was widely considered a must have vehicle

You must be a younger fan cos anyone that was around when Ep4 happened in 77, was bombarded with the Landspeeder in every related material you could buy.

Wasn't around in '77:dunno What else can I say.

This is a must have! Its like the Batmobile of SW! Would be funny to display without Luke and Obiwan since I don't collect non armoured figs.

There's no way I'd consider shelling out the cash for a landspeeder without an awesome farmboy Luke to go with it. Sideshow's current offering just doesn't cut it.

I used to think this would be a cool idea - creatures, transports and dioramas in 1/6 scale, but now that they're actually here, well, they're just too big and expensive.

:lecture:exactly::goodpost::clap

The original Kenner Landspeeder is also the first SW vehicle many in our generation ever owned. It epitomizes the word iconic.

Any Landspeeder is AWESOME... but a 1/6 scale landspeeder as an RC (radio control) vehicle... even more awesome! I would also buy it if it came as a set that included a revamped Luke.

I hope Sideshow reads this!

I don't need any bells and whistles. I don't need it to be controlled by remote or hum, levitate or play the Star Wars theme on display, I just want a true 1/6 Landspeeder that could fit figures into it and I'll be happy.

I used to think this would be a cool idea - creatures, transports and dioramas in 1/6 scale, but now that they're actually here, well, they're just too big and expensive.

If they crunched out the Dewback for $299, I'm guessing the landspeeder would be the same price?

I know I don't want to have to buy this and find room for it... bu I know as soon as its announced I'll be mentally clearing space in my collection room :lol

I can honestly say this will be the largest 1/6 vehicle I'll buy... or at least it will be while still in my current place. If I ever get the basement of my dreams then all bets are off :lol

a landspeeder would be cool as hell............& i hope that when they develop c3-po that the design him in mind of being able to sit down in or on attached to the speeder itself. if not that would be a big fail.

Back