1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately the only thing that could probably improve that hair or those eyes is a complete resculpt.

Yeah, Leonardo Da Vinici said the same thing after finishing every work. "F'me, da only ting dat cana improv dis, is for me to do it again from da beginning."

So here's the head quickly popped on my Sideshow Bespin Luke... but with a neck and in context I think it looks even more like Hamill. The eyes are a problem, but in-hand it's not as dramatic as pictures make it. But it still has some of that 1,000 mile gaze :lol

e32a0966-698e-41af-972e-64cb25f33728_zps3fwuzgms.jpg

Does the face slim up on its own once you shave down the plate?

No, you'll need to dip the head in very hot water, then pinch the cheeks into the shape you want then hold that position and dip in him ice water. That should hold. And if you don't like the first result it can easily be redone until you get the shape you like.

That's looks mighty good. I missed the darn ups guy so I'll have to wait til tomorrow. Keep posting pics lads.

So you basically cut the bottom off that "mummy-face" interior? Not quite clear on what you cut. Maybe once I have it in-hand I can compare to your "after."

Is this mod described in the Drake thread?

Yeah... you can see in my picture where there is a recessed area at the bottom... that was completely filled by the face plate, so I removed a crescent shaped amount that when up to the line of the ear. By doing that you can reshape the back of the jaw to be more slim.

Hammil is not a squared jawed individual and that coupled with the smooth features of his face lead to the stock head looking like a mannequin. This isn't a 100% fix, but to me it really improves it and I think I'll use this head to replace the SS Bespin Luke head I'm using in Yoda's Hut.

Thanks for posting pics of your mod, GB. I was going to use those to help me determine if I would buy or not. And I'm still on the fence. The good thing is that the stock sculpt isn't so bad to start with. The bad is that you don't see a night and day transformation with that mod as you did with Drake. So, there's only so much additional improvement that can be made. Maybe there's more room for improvement with Han?

No it's not night and day... and it is because the sculpt is generally well painted and the eyes are actually done very well. It's just that the opening for the eyes is a smidge, literally like a mm too big which is causing problems.

The decals used are actually quite nice and look pretty similar to what HT uses on there figures, but with the slightly wider eye and central positioning it's causing a weird gaze. It might be possible to shave down the top of the eye plate... but then I'm not sure how well it would sit and stay in position. Alternatively you could just do a repaint of the eyes, but that's more work :lol

not when he tries to reach the ice, or uses the saber.

Conitnuity mistake that will be corrected in ESB Revisited!

Good thing the Wampa was stupid enough to leave the saber so close after removing it from Luke's belt. The Wampa should have put it in the same place he put Luke's gun. Oh wait...

Good thing the Wampa was stupid enough to leave the saber so close after removing it from Luke's belt. The Wampa should have put it in the same place he put Luke's gun. Oh wait...

Wait, wait , wait...I've seen ESB at least a hundred times. He had his gun on him????

Never mind, just looked at the scene he did not have his gun.

I can feel my resolve against buying this diminishing. Thing is, its a pretty expensive figure because if I buy luke no way I pass on han and the taun taun. And I hate the seam on the taun taun.

Back