1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The figure has two antennas.. they are small, silver and in a recessed square below the BD head. I almost didn't notice them, but recall another member commenting on how easy they'd be to loose :lol

Thank you! I will look now.

Here's an image with one in...

829e8ef6-a7cf-4284-83d0-35560707252d_zpsj0xgsmxc.jpg

Looks great on the Tauntaun... I haven't picked one up yet, but I think once the dust settles after CVII and all the pre-orders shipping I'll go back and get him.

So, I could use some opinions on this... I did the Drake reshape on Luke. Essentially pulled apart the head, shaved down the plate and then pinched the jowls back. I think it looks better/more like Hamill now, but I might just be trying to convince myself :lol and of course I neglected to take a before.

0a18b1b7-d45f-4014-83a9-9afbec6c8758_zpsduzmijln.jpg

And if anyone is curious, what the head looks like in pieces and how much of the plate I removed... before it completely filled the recess in the sculpt.

1ada05a0-cdf1-483d-a065-92251ecefdf5_zps117iqzoz.jpg

e71f8b16-4740-4df3-be91-c8f8c5c860e3_zps9vtvplxc.jpg

The belt and holster look great... a more supple material than the old ESB Sideshow figure. I'd say pretty comparable to the HT version. Quality of the blaster and hilts is very nice as well... but the saber blade is funky.

So you basically cut the bottom off that "mummy-face" interior? Not quite clear on what you cut. Maybe once I have it in-hand I can compare to your "after."

Is this mod described in the Drake thread?

Thanks for posting pics of your mod, GB. I was going to use those to help me determine if I would buy or not. And I'm still on the fence. The good thing is that the stock sculpt isn't so bad to start with. The bad is that you don't see a night and day transformation with that mod as you did with Drake. So, there's only so much additional improvement that can be made. Maybe there's more room for improvement with Han?

Thanks for posting pics of your mod, GB. I was going to use those to help me determine if I would buy or not. And I'm still on the fence. The good thing is that the stock sculpt isn't so bad to start with. The bad is that you don't see a night and day transformation with that mod as you did with Drake. So, there's only so much additional improvement that can be made. Maybe there's more room for improvement with Han?

Eat it, you prick.

So, I could use some opinions on this... I did the Drake reshape on Luke. Essentially pulled apart the head, shaved down the plate and then pinched the jowls back. I think it looks better/more like Hamill now, but I might just be trying to convince myself :lol and of course I neglected to take a before.

0a18b1b7-d45f-4014-83a9-9afbec6c8758_zpsduzmijln.jpg

Yeah the general shape of the face does look much better now, and more like Hamill. Unfortunately the only thing that could probably improve that hair or those eyes is a complete resculpt.

So my Luke is on a 1.1... Is that the norm?

If we define "norm" as less than a handful of people, but more than the alternative, then yes, it's definitely the norm. ;) So far the only 1.0 bodies I've seen have been on HK product.

Back