1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently picked up this figure myself, and immediately transplanted in the Hot Toys ROTJ Luke sculpt and he now looks ACE!!!

Luke1.jpg
Luke2.jpg
Luke3.jpg

That looks really good. I swapped the stock head for the battle damaged Bespin head, but i think it's maybe time for an upgrade. I do like having the PERS on the Bespin head though.

I'd certainly get HT versions of both (I always seem to find a use for a second or even third version of the same character/outfit - e.g. I'd put my SSC Han Hoth aimed at the probe droid and use the HT version for the "hero display") but I do think most elements of the Sideshow figures are pretty decent.

NrCZKVE.jpg

I recently picked up this figure myself, and immediately transplanted in the Hot Toys ROTJ Luke sculpt and he now looks ACE!!!

View attachment 505324

I have a couple of extras of that HT head I've been meaning to try on my Luke Hoth but other than the off skintone I don't mind the likeness on the Sideshow original head.

Seems impossible to get a Jinx head. Really need a new head for my custom Bespin Han.

Seems impossible to get a Jinx head. Really need a new head for my custom Bespin Han.

His ESB version of Han had some issues. His ANH version is the bullseye, just stunningly good, though the hair on it isn't all that accurate for ESB.

I just got this two. I like it very much. (I know I need to futz them)

I just swapped Luke to the HT TTM22 body (what a pain in the @$$ remove the ankle peg), but I noticed Luke's binoculars fake leather it's all cracked. It's there a way to restore it?

Finally, what product works for moisture the belt and gun holster? (To prevent the same issue)

Attachments

• IMG20220502214020.jpg
    IMG20220502214020.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG20220502213837.jpg
    IMG20220502213837.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 38

Attachments

• A0E0EBAA-F28C-4967-BAE8-DF3659752C91.jpeg
    A0E0EBAA-F28C-4967-BAE8-DF3659752C91.jpeg
    249.8 KB · Views: 33
That looks great! I was wondering what it would look like with the Jedi sculpt. I swapped mine out with a dx07 body and head years ago. I posted my progress in this thread.
Did you lighten up the Han face? The stock faces are a little beyond passable... except for that truly horrendous purplish/dark-tan skintone paint and the weird glassy eyes.

Looks like my mods started back in March of 2015. Wow. Those were the days.

Attachments

• 9F8753FD-5D62-41D6-9AB1-D31D6882496C.jpeg
    9F8753FD-5D62-41D6-9AB1-D31D6882496C.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 80EDC654-3F08-4263-A8AC-D5A26E7DEA07.jpeg
    80EDC654-3F08-4263-A8AC-D5A26E7DEA07.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 45
  • DD0AF71E-41EF-42CD-A40C-CA4F8FE87A8F.jpeg
    DD0AF71E-41EF-42CD-A40C-CA4F8FE87A8F.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 43
I just got this two. I like it very much. (I know I need to futz them)

I just swapped Luke to the HT TTM22 body (what a pain in the @$$ remove the ankle peg), but I noticed Luke's binoculars fake leather it's all cracked. It's there a way to restore it?

Finally, what product works for moisture the belt and gun holster? (To prevent the same issue)

Help me Collector Freaks... you're my only hope.

By the way, Jedijim, I ordered the velcro, and will do some of the mods you did in the mod thread.

Thanks in advance!

No problem. Always like the sharing aspect of this hobby’s community. I get a lot of inspiration from the members on these boards. Any good ideas are worth sharing.

I'd certainly get HT versions of both (I always seem to find a use for a second or even third version of the same character/outfit - e.g. I'd put my SSC Han Hoth aimed at the probe droid and use the HT version for the "hero display") but I do think most elements of the Sideshow figures are pretty decent.

NrCZKVE.jpg

I have a couple of extras of that HT head I've been meaning to try on my Luke Hoth but other than the off skintone I don't mind the likeness on the Sideshow original head.
I’m not willing to muck up one of my HT heads, but I’ve seen KOs of the ROTJ head on eBay. Have you ever cut into those?

Did you lighten up the Han face? The stock faces are a little beyond passable... except for that truly horrendous purplish/dark-tan skintone paint and the weird glassy eyes.
Nope. Stock Sideshow head. Would love an upgrade in this if Hot Toys makes it better.

Back