1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fetts.png

:slap God how could they not get the color right? :huh

Read his post, he's talking about the ROTJ version. :) Not that I don't agree. Toys will be toys.

I did read his post. That's why I posted the pic with both ROTJ and ESB first. I couldn't find a comp with the SS Fett and ROTJ Medi-Fett. Not a huge difference really between the two Medis.

There's aspects I like about both. Medi definitely has the better helmet.

You make some great points and I see where you are coming. It's all preference when it comes down too it. But don't forget Medicoms figure has it's major problems too. The Jet pack sits way too high, the shoulder armor is way to high. The helmet shape is also not right and it got the right side ear color wrong it's gold not green. The overall green color is off (sideshows is worse). The helmet antenna is a bit short. The chest armor is spaced too far apart too. The detail in the forearm gantlets just is not as nice as sideshows. But the biggest problem most people had was the scale of the figure. Thou that really didn't bother me a ton. They both have there issues that's for sure I just think Medicom has more problems than Sideshows. For the price thou your right it would be nice to have a perfect figure. Hopefully future Fetts (Hot Toys) will be more movie accurate. But I have a feeling when that happens the price will be higher and hopefully the quality.

Well, the scale is an issue if you put it next to SS. But honestly people that collect SS are hella biased, cause most of their sculpts don't even scale well within their own propotions. Lot's of giant heads and hands.

Not that I like Medi, not for their price, but if they were a 100$ instead of 150/200$ they would be great.

I'm starting to think the main issue is the chestpiece, which should be much darker, creating a contrast with the other colors, which it doesn't now, which increases the off-color look on the mask.

Nope. Mask too. It should be more like the color on the Marmit.

I'm kind of color blind sorry. However I just think the helmet is small on the SSC Fett. It seems to be a little wider than the Marmit version. :dunno

I am tempted to take an exacto and trim the chest armor pieces off the Marmit Fett and glue them onto the vest and use the Marmitt helm.

I am tempted to take an exacto and trim the chest armor pieces off the Marmit Fett and glue them onto the vest and use the Marmitt helm.

Wow. Extreme.

Medicom's chest armor is definatly better. But SS not sculpting the triangles, not getting the helmet shape right, not getting the colorS right (the chest is inaccurate as it gets) 5(!) years after Medicom, that's insane.

Although I do beleive Medicom was way overpriced at the time, now for the same money he's still available, hasn't inflated in price. And I think SS just didn't trump him like I expected. They just didn't. Sure in accesoires they beat it, but purely the figure, no. Paint apps might be better, but colors are just as important IMO, if not more so.

The Medi has pretty much all the problems the SSC has - helmet is out, chest armor just doesn't look right.

That being said, for the completist, I previously posted this in the future of Boba thread - a list of errors I can see in the SSC:

1. Helmet base not flared/wide enough, crown too vertical, horizontal mask slit not narrow enough at the ends, "arrows" above brow should be molded into helmet, not just painted
2. Knee armor pieces proportionately too large
3. Helmet and chest armor green very wrong
4. Upper pouches wrong sizes, shapes and flap orientations
5. Wookiee scalps do not appear like hair at all, more like woollen doll hair
6. Blaster rifle has noticeable "step" in the center part of the barrel that shouldn't be there (this was not present in the Silentsurfer proto pics)
7. Shoulder bells too squared off
8. Jumpsuit not blue enough (or, by some accounts, not baggy enough)
9. Torso of figure too short, making belts etc. bunch up too much in the middle
10. Chest armor too box-like and plates too flat
11. Chest armor's vest lacks fluting detail on shoulders
12. Upper chest armor plates not shaped correctly - note proportionate width of LED display slots to width of armor plate

Here's another 'little' fix for those who want their Fett just right...

paintworktodoonrightgauntlet.jpg

Nice Catch Wor-Gar.......I didn't realize how off the sculpt was on that black and white piece.

I think we can all find cool things about each Fett that has come out. I think all are worth owning to be honest. Heck I could probably find something cool with the first Hasbro 12" Fett. There is no doubt that Boba Fett is a very complicated figure to make let alone mass produce to be screen accurate.

Just an interesting fact. I also noticed that Sideshow fumbled the ball a bit on the PF Boba Fett head sculpt too. Now don't get me wrong I still love that PF figure but I found it interesting that on the 12 figure they used clear plastic for the visor and in the more detailed larger scale PF figure they painted the visor. Looks like sideshow is learning.

Wow. Extreme.

The Medi has pretty much all the problems the SSC has - helmet is out, chest armor just doesn't look right.

That being said, for the completist, I previously posted this in the future of Boba thread - a list of errors I can see in the SSC:

1. Helmet base not flared/wide enough, crown too vertical, horizontal mask slit not narrow enough at the ends, "arrows" above brow should be molded into helmet, not just painted
2. Knee armor pieces proportionately too large
3. Helmet and chest armor green very wrong
4. Upper pouches wrong sizes, shapes and flap orientations
5. Wookiee scalps do not appear like hair at all, more like woollen doll hair
6. Blaster rifle has noticeable "step" in the center part of the barrel that shouldn't be there (this was not present in the Silentsurfer proto pics)
7. Shoulder bells too squared off
8. Jumpsuit not blue enough (or, by some accounts, not baggy enough)
9. Torso of figure too short, making belts etc. bunch up too much in the middle
10. Chest armor too box-like and plates too flat
11. Chest armor's vest lacks fluting detail on shoulders
12. Upper chest armor plates not shaped correctly - note proportionate width of LED display slots to width of armor plate

Wrong on Medi's account. Their chest armor is quite lovely IMO. Except for the velcro, but that's easily fixed.

Medi took their time to get the colors right. Had sideshow done this they would have beaten it, even with the poor HS.

ATM Medi's attempt is better. I've seen them both in person and am NOT biased. I just want the best Fett. With Jedi luke for example SS clearly wins even tho Medi beats them in tailoring, body, hands and everything else, simply because SS Luke looks like Luke.

Here's another 'little' fix for those who want their Fett just right...

paintworktodoonrightgauntlet.jpg

wor-gar is the man for details..........:lecture

weren't you the one that put a twisted wire on your sandtrooper's lewis gun barrel?

Here is a pic I did for fun. What if Sideshow got the colors right? After a little photoshop here is what it should have looked like

15x5jl.jpg

All in all still the best Fett out there now IMO.:clap

Wrong on Medi's account. Their chest armor is quite lovely IMO. Except for the velcro, but that's easily fixed.

Medi took their time to get the colors right. Had sideshow done this they would have beaten it, even with the poor HS.

ATM Medi's attempt is better. I've seen them both in person and am NOT biased. I just want the best Fett. With Jedi luke for example SS clearly wins even tho Medi beats them in tailoring, body, hands and everything else, simply because SS Luke looks like Luke.

You and I sir, shall have to respectfully disagree.

Compare the vertical height on the plate with the LED's in the picture below (the 'map of Texas' shape...) The bottom part of that plate on the Medi is not even close. The gaps between the plates on the Medi also just spoils the whole look.

I would also point out that the SSC chest plates have precisely matched the prop's paint work - an exact replication of every single scratch and dent as if they laid a color copy of the prop over the 1/6 plate. Medi's paint is no where near it.

Let's face it - no 1/6 figure (or 1/7...) has totally nailed Boba.

bobachest.png

You and I sir, shall have to respectfully disagree.

Compare the vertical height on the plate with the LED's in the picture below (the 'map of Texas' shape...) The bottom part of that plate on the Medi is not even close. The gaps between the plates on the Medi also just spoils the whole look.

I would also point out that the SSC chest plates have precisely matched the prop's paint work - an exact replication of every single scratch and dent as if they laid a color copy of the prop over the 1/6 plate. Medi's paint is no where near it.

Let's face it - no 1/6 figure (or 1/7...) has totally nailed Boba.

bobachest.png

I stand corrected, the shape is indeed off. About the gaps. It depends on the scene if I'm not mistaken.

About SS's paintwork, Medi's look better IMO, simply because it's the right color. That picture you just posted only proves it. SS has better app's as they do on the helmet, so that's where theyre even I guess, both have pros and cons. Can't understand how it could be so hard to nail him.. All they had to do was email Medicom and ask what colors they had to use!

Maybe they did, and Medicom trolled them. :lol

Last edited:
I stand corrected, the shape is indeed off. About the gaps. It depends on the scene if I'm not mistaken.

About SS's paintwork, Medi's look better IMO, simply because it's the right color. That picture you just posted only proves it. SS has better app's as they do on the helmet, so that's where theyre even I guess, both have pros and cons. Can't understand how it could be so hard to nail him.. All they had to do was email Medicom and ask what colors they had to use!

Maybe they did, and Medicom trolled them. :lol

The gaps do vary from scene to scene (they are hard plates mounted to fabric, so they move) but they are never even remotely close to the way Medi has them, especially in regards to the center "medallion" plate.

And SSC messed up the green, but their weathering is 100% correct compared to the costume. The Medi green is also a little off, but obviously far closer than SSC. The weathering on the Medi is a vague replication of the costume at best.

The only reason I am total OCD on this is I am working up a custom Boba (a few SSC, Hasbro and Marmit parts) and it is turning out to be the most difficult thing I have ever attempted. Building an accurate helmet is complex - that curve you mentioned as wrong on the SSC helmet is because a straight line curved around the helmet becomes a compound curve - looking wrong. I'm trying to fix the one I have built out of styrene.

I would recommend buying the SSC one (or Medi if you prefer,) accept that it's not totally screen accurate, and save yourself a bunch of grief. Overall, both are great Bobas. Leave the OCD stuff to the nitpickers (like me.)

And no, HT won't nail Fett either.

Last edited:
Back